• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Pedersen

That Dom Delouise tangent was long, bizzare, and not very funny.

I loved it. I'm a long follower of Giant Bomb and the likes, and BoW is something I need in my life listening to friends just talk about the crudest shit without much of a filter. That conversation was everything I love about RLM
I think it's time i supported them on patreon after all the joy they have given me over the years, and that last BoW sealed the deal. Jay just taking the ball out of Jack's hand was the funniest shit and Mikes genuine laughter makes my day

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
this is already a disaster.

its also ironic considering im dealing with my own pc issues and then theyre building a pc

William

That heatsink is ridiculous :) I can't see how it's going to fit alongside a graphics card.

But Jack is right, it's a good stream either way, win or lose.

Grinchy

Banned
I remember him talking about measuring everything out. Hopefully it all goes well. I still would like to do a smaller case build some time. I'm kinda done with having a giant tower.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
he's going to have airflow issues, and the heatsink and graphics card are probably going to be too big for each other.

what card did he get?

Grinchy

Banned
he's going to have airflow issues, and the heatsink and graphics card are probably going to be too big for each other.

what card did he get?

He got a biggie. He got a 1070 IIRC.

He says he used some program to "fit" all the parts virtually. We'll see how that turns out lol

Oreoleo

Jack realizing the error of his ways and FINALLY preferring mouse and keyboard over controller... Welcome home friend.

A part of me died when he said he plays PC TF2 with a controller way back whenever.

Shy

Jack realizing the error of his ways and FINALLY preferring mouse and keyboard over controller... Welcome home friend.

A part of me died when he said he plays PC TF2 with a controller way back whenever.
I play PC FPS (and all games that'll let me) games with a controller. 😞

Grinchy

Banned
Does anyone know where the wires will go in this case? Is it behind the motherboard area or is it on the other side (nearest us) when the case is complete?

Cable management is going to be interesting to watch haha. I get obsessed when I build a PC.

Sanjuro

I play PC FPS (and all games that'll let me) games with a controller. ��

I generally prefer a controller as well nowadays.

Does anyone know where the wires will go in this case? Is it behind the motherboard area or is it on the other side (nearest us) when the case is complete?

Cable management is going to be interesting to watch haha. I get obsessed when I build a PC.

Tie some up, or leave them hanging from what it looks like.

Shy

Behind i think.

But i don't think Jack is going to bother with it, unfortunately.

Grinchy

Banned
Behind i think.

But i don't think Jack is going to bother with it, unfortunately.

I feel like he's going to need every millimeter in that case lol. Especially for airflow. But I started getting that same impression as I watched him plug in the HDD indicator lights and stuff first

Sanjuro

Is overheating still a big issue? I thought with all the newer cooling processes it was generally difficult to do. Haven't built one in a few years now.

Grinchy

Banned
Is overheating still a big issue? I thought with all the newer cooling processes it was generally difficult to do. Haven't built one in a few years now.

I've never built one with a case this small, but I was under the impression that it could be an issue with everything cramped up against each other.

And lol Jack pulled out the GPU finally, and yeah it doesn't quite look like it'll fit with the CPU cooler.

One day I will learn to make my own pc and be able to afford a suped up rig, but today I just marvel in awe at hack frauds doing something I can't

komplanen

Mini-ITX cases and high-performance parts have been used together for years without any issues with heat. It's hilarious how serious some people are about Mini-ITX-cases being a fiery inferno one you start a game.

Also typical "I built a PC once and I'm a professional now" level people in the chat. My favorite was the people saying Jack's SSD will melt because the PSU's fan will blow hot air on it. Of course it was the intake fan but even if it wasn't, it'd be a completely false statement.

Overall it seems there's mostly knowledgeable people in the chat and Jack is doing fine. Only real problem seems to be that if he's not overclocking he really could have used a significantly smaller CPU cooler.

Grinchy

Banned
These fucking trolls lmao

For 2 guys who seem so inept when it comes to their stream, they timed that shit absolutely perfectly.

komplanen

Literally best live stream ever.

Spoilers for people who didn't watch it:
Jack builds PC for 4 hours. Plugs cables into monitor etc to see everything works and when he says he's going to turn the PC on, he instead turns stream off.

Oreoleo

Rich is such a fucking troll I cant believe they did that :mad:

I REALLY wanted to see the breakdowns when it didn't POST or something.

Top Bottom