• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Now that they've gotten the silly fanservice movie out of their system, I have to hope their next movie will be something you could show to people who aren't already fans of them and not feel horribly embarrassed. And preferably star somebody who's actually an actor, and not Rich fucking Evans.

I hope they make whatever the fuck they want.

Ooh! I've been wanting to play that game. I'll have to check this stream out.

Cheerilee

Now that they've gotten the silly fanservice movie out of their system, I have to hope their next movie will be something you could show to people who aren't already fans of them and not feel horribly embarrassed. And preferably star somebody who's actually an actor, and not Rich fucking Evans.

Silent Screams, a horror movie in silent movie form, starring Thomas Edison. Copyright 2016 RedLetterMedia.

MyBigBlackCup

Neo Member
Wouldn't be terribly sad you missed it. Most every second was spent bitching about the setup for the game, then every moment of the game, and that they had to play the game at all to shut people up. Rich got halfway through the tutorial before accidentally starting it over and giving up. 34% RT

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Have you seen any of their other movies? :p
Unless they start having kids and Mike decides to film his son's life for 12 years, there's no way they are going to make a "respectable" movie.

Wow. Are they doing it just to troll the stream? lol

Space Cop is terrible and unfunny, but Feeding Frenzy is actual kind of silly and fun. I feel like they put some care into that, unlike the 48 Hour Films that were slapdash and Space Cop which was.... entirely unfunny or good in any way.

Have you seen any of their other movies? :p
Unless they start having kids and Mike decides to film his son's life for 12 years, there's no way they are going to make a "respectable" movie.

Wow. Are they doing it just to troll the stream? lol

I'd settle for a decent genre movie. I'd like to see a Jay Bauman horror movie, or a Mike Stoklasa action comedy.

It's funny because I think they should just do cheesy bad horror movies. That's an easy genre to write for where even if the acting is bad it's enjoyable if there are gory deaths

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Feeding Frenzy is actually pretty good. Jay's character is the best part of the movie.

But yeah, count me in for wanting to see RLM do a legit movie that doesn't just cater to their existing fanbase.

oh he makes a cameo? Might have to watch their shitty movie now.

In case you want to know

Space cop goes to fight Jay and Jay hits him once knocking him over. After a magic cut Len has replaced Rich as Space Cop does a cool jump up from the floor and has a len mma style fight with Jay

Cheerilee

I was thinking about watching Ishtar

I watched it and dropped a review earlier in this thread. Some of my quotes.

"Man, that's a bad movie. Not even so bad it's good, just painful."

"It's very much Dumb and Dumber but without the funny. Actually, I suspect this movie might be a comedy, but every attempt at a joke falls completely flat (I literally just watched it, and can't remember one joke that worked), so I'm not sure if it was even intended to be a comedy."

"The writers/actors decided to have fun with the idea of making something terrible, and just threw themselves into it. The problem is, they exposed the audience to it after they were done."

"I will say that this isn't a movie that you would need to seek out and watch before the review."

I think that a Plinkett review of Ishtar could be glorious (and should probably happen), but all of the value would be coming from Mr Plinkett, not from the movie.

jman2050

If RLM could manage amazing reviews of random BS like Baby's Day Out and Cop Dog, I have no doubt they could do an Ishtar review justice.

Boney

Banned
Space Cop focused too much on Rich'a physical comedy, which frankly isn't that great, and him being a bumbling slob for the gag. It could've used more of their raunchy humor like some of their shorts use and less parody in it.

It really goes to show how hard it is to make movies on micro budgets though.

Cheerilee

I knew it meant something having Rich in full George Lucas makeup for the salad unboxing teaser, and Mike in full Sheev makeup for the earlier The Force Awakens teaser.

They've been working on this for a long time. RedLetterMedia never disappoints.

Top Bottom