• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

They seemed to quite like Force Awakens, so unless Mike has had a big turnaround on it, I'm not even sure what he'll even talk about in his Plinkett review.

Really, the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe seems like a much better target for a Plinkett review, save that the subject is overdone.

Or they could just do a Plinkett review of Boyhood.

They seemed to quite like Force Awakens, so unless Mike has had a big turnaround on it, I'm not even sure what he'll even talk about in his Plinkett review.

Really, the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe seems like a much better target for a Plinkett review, save that the subject is overdone.

Or they could just do a Plinkett review of Boyhood.

He liked Star Trek 09 and did a great plinkett review of it, same with Titanic.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
He'll explore how George Lucas couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag, with examples from TFA. The wordless introduction to Rey is a good example of something George would never do, not enough exposition.

I can see the review examining all the hype and backlash before TFA, the studio's politics and decisions behind the story and marketing, what more to come for the cycle of star wars releases. He'll nitpick some inconsistencies, plot holes, and borrowed story elements from ANH, but in the end conclude that TFA, like the Star Trek reboot, was successful in (soft) rebooting the franchise with an engaging film and those flaws don't really matter (unless they find it's way in the next movies).

Cheerilee

I would be fine with Mr Plinkett waiting for the trilogy to finish before tackling all three in greater context.

Ishtar. It's gotta be Ishtar.

Has Rich played the PC port of Dead Rising yet? Given the stability/loads/etc I'm anticipating some lengthy streams from him using it, to be honest

Has Rich played the PC port of Dead Rising yet? Given the stability/loads/etc I'm anticipating some lengthy streams from him using it, to be honest

I think he mentioned someone gifted it to him. I hope Jay is there for the stream just to see that "this is not inspired by anything" message.

komplanen

I think he mentioned someone gifted it to him. I hope Jay is there for the stream just to see that "this is not inspired by anything" message.

Rich has it (gifted by someone) but he said he has beaten the entire game without dying, while doing every goal possible, so why would he want play it again? There's nothing else to do.

Rich has it (gifted by someone) but he said he has beaten the entire game without dying, while doing every goal possible, so why would he want play it again? There's nothing else to do.

To have fun? I got all 120 stars in Mario 64 when I was 12 and still play it now and again.

Now I want to eat a salad.

OMFG it's coming

PJ41mCU.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
for those that don't care to watch Rich Evans playing George Lucas talking about salads, just skip until the last minute or so for the interesting stuff.

Yeah, the first salad review is pretty worthless as he
spills it everywhere
and doesn't give a thorough review, so definitely skip to the last minute of that and watch from there.

I'm willing to bet it's gonna be Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, not TFA. Because they brought it up as "the best one" in one of the Re:View videos.

That ending must have one hell of an elevator pitch too.
"Indy fighting on a rope bridge, having to cut the ropes, then has to fight the main baddy while hanging from the remains of the rope bridge, while the baddy is trying to literally rip his heart out."

"When can you start?"

77e2926f69350a3d338dc7169b2ddd68.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there a reason they use the cam on some streams and not others? Seems kind of random.
They said they wasted a lot of time trying to set up 3DS capture so they didn't want to bother.

Anyway, I hope it's not a Star Wars review if only because I'd like to see the meltdowns.

Shy

Is there a reason they use the cam on some streams and not others? Seems kind of random.
For tonight's stream, they got frustrated trying to set up the 3DS, and when they decided to play another game. They couldn't be bothered to set it up.

I wanna say the other times they doon't it, is that they don't feel like having it on.

Sanjuro

Better or worse than when Rich was getting ready to blame the victims of Columbine?

Worse. Mainly because they put the focus on to the twitch chat, and I'm far too old to understand what the fuck anyone is trying to say in there for the most part.

Cheerilee

Rich just said the salad unboxing video was 100% improvised.

Mike's phone rang while they were filming it, so Rich worked that in as a call from Spielberg.

I'm willing to bet it's gonna be Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, not TFA. Because they brought it up as "the best one" in one of the Re:View videos.
Can you remind me which one that is? I'm listening to the Road Warrior re:View because I assume they would talk about it in regards to sequels. But I can't remember, which fills me with so much shame.

EDIT: Found it. It's the Ghostbusters one.

I agree with them on Blair Witch for the most part. There are interesting things about it but Mike's point of "You can't amp up subtlety" is spot on. I don't know how you were supposed to do a Blair Witch follow-up 20 years later...so maybe the answer was not too.

Don't Breathe was good and indeed it was well made and extremely well shot.

Sephzilla

He'll explore how George Lucas couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag, with examples from TFA. The wordless introduction to Rey is a good example of something George would never do, not enough exposition.

I actually hope the TFA Plinkett review is actually just "Plinkett presents: If George Lucas made The Force Awakens" and it's just a bunch of CG jammed into scenes and extra meaningless dialogue shoved into things.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't Breathe sounds like half a movie Clint Eastwood wanted to make and then someone else got ahold of the script and was like 'what the fuck'

LakeEarth

Good HitB. Couldn't watch it all because I actually do care about getting spoiled for Don't Breathe (didn't care for Blair Witch), but there was nice insight there.

Y' know.

Now that they've gotten the silly fanservice movie out of their system, I have to hope their next movie will be something you could show to people who aren't already fans of them and not feel horribly embarrassed. And preferably star somebody who's actually an actor, and not Rich fucking Evans.

Now that they've gotten the silly fanservice movie out of their system, I have to hope their next movie will be something you could show to people who aren't already fans of them and not feel horribly embarrassed. And preferably star somebody who's actually an actor, and not Rich fucking Evans.
Haven't seen it yet but Space Cop looks fucking terrible.

Top Bottom