• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

I wonder what they think of Constantine. I think it's held up really well and just was released at a really poor time.

I don't think it's campy or graphic enough for them to really like it. If anything it's way too competently-made, and full of generally good choices. The only oddball thing is Peter Stormare's cameo.

UrbanRats

Love the Blade series.
Goes from so bad it's good moments, to genuinely fun ones.

One thing i never understood, is why they put a blind woman on surveillance duty, in B3.

Why? They know about all kinds of movies spanning way back.
Jay forgot Blade existed. Only Jack and Rich actually like superhero movies. Actually I should have said Jay specifically, and Mike would surprise me too, but Jack doesn't and Rich wouldn't surprise me.

The episode really felt like Jack talking to a wall sometimes even. Jay visibly did not give a shit.

Jay forgot Blade existed. Only Jack and Rich actually like superhero movies. Actually I should have said Jay specifically, and Mike would surprise me too, but Jack doesn't and Rich wouldn't surprise me.

The episode really felt like Jack talking to a wall sometimes even. Jay visibly did not give a shit.

I think the two best episode of Re:view so far have been Tremors and Eraserhead, this format seem to work best when both participant care about the movie.

I think the two best episode of Re:view so far have been Tremors and Eraserhead, this format seem to work best when both participant care about the movie.
Absolutely. I still want to see them even if only one participant cares about the movie, as I want to see more back and forth discussion and debate on the show. I think the problem is more that Jay was lukewarm on the movie. If he thought it was terrible garbage entirely vs. Jack liking it there could have been more to the conversation.

That said, there were good points to the episode.

Absolutely. I still want to see them even if only one participant cares about the movie, as I want to see more back and forth discussion and debate on the show. I think the problem is more that Jay was lukewarm on the movie. If he thought it was terrible garbage entirely vs. Jack liking it there could have been more to the conversation.

That said, there were good points to the episode.

Of course, I don't think they ever put out something completely vapid, but like you said it wasn't as dynamic as it could've been, more like, just stating facts, interesting facts but still. like the part about the director could of been a good jumping point for some back and forth.

I've never seen any Blade movies, gonna rectify that as soon as possible. I love re:view for bringing these films to my attention, Tremors was really great. The only film I haven't watched is Independence Day and I never intend to.

Rydeen

jay saying the big trouble explosion looked better then editting it into the video defeats his own point

shit looks bad

Big Trouble in Little China is a PG-13 action comedy with cartoonish violence.

Blade is an R-rated action horror movie with fantastical, but explicit gory violence.

Blade shouldn't look almost as silly as Big Trouble in Little China.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Loved Blade, this was great. I took issue with their Whistler complaint though, as Cheerilee pointed out. I thought that was well executed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also how the hell does jay not know what 'some mother fuckers always trying to ice skate uphill' means?

some people are always trying to do shit the hard way.

Did it make sense? who did blade said it to?

The line would have made more sense if he said it to Donal Logue's character (Frost's bearded friend) that is always getting squashed by Blade despite how many times he tries to take him on.

Speaking of Donal Logue, I looked him up on IMDB to see his name and was surprised to see he is on Gotham as Harvey Bullock. I might need to finally watch that show.

Cheerilee

Did it make sense? who did blade said it to?

The main villan of the movie is a low-born Vampire who's tired of the arrogant high-born Vampires flaunting their status, so he decides to become the Blood God, which requires that he kill all the high-born Vampires in a ritual and borrow a blood sample from Blade. He's an asshole bad guy who wouldn't hesitate to kill Blade, but he's not particularly antagonistic towards Blade, he just wants to kill the high-born Vampires and show them who's boss. He would totally let Blade join his gang if Blade wasn't dead-set on killing all Vampires.

After the villain kills all the high-borns, Blade shows up, so he's like "Cool, let's swordfight."

Blade appears to win the swordfight, but the villain is immortal and has freaky CGI blood-healing powers, because he became a Blood God. It's impossible for the villain to lose.

Blade uses his secret weapon, a chemical that turns Vampire blood into a bomb and makes Vampires explode. Before he has a chance to see if the stuff actually works on a Blood God (I mean, he is a god now), Blade declares victory and uses his action-hero catchphrase. "Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill." Then the bad guy explodes (sure would suck if he didn't, Blade would have looked quite the fool).

The catchphrase is completely ridiculous. I don't think there's any argument that says it's good. It's just a question of whether it wrapped around into "so bad it's awesome". I think it did.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly I don't know what they get out of a Plinkett video that they couldn't do with Review.

Unless you like their skits where they pretend to kill prostitutes or whatever.

Honestly I don't know what they get out of a Plinkett video that they couldn't do with Review.

Unless you like their skits where they pretend to kill prostitutes or whatever.

I'd prefer a Plinkett review every once in a while, even though I'm not a fan of the skits in them. But the production and Mike's dry delivery is just more fun.

Fury451

Banned

Finally got around to watching this, and I agree.

I like Jay and his insights a lot, but when he's not interested in something his dismissiveness can be a bit distracting, whereas he's very interesting and enthusiastic when it's something he likes. Mike offers some pointed critiques of things regardless of interest, which I prefer when doing a point/counterpoint setup.

Still, I think having two viewpoints on a film like this is intriguing.

So they managed to get Matt Hanon, Len Kabisinski, and Max Landis to come into their shows. Do you think they could get Neil Breen or even better Shoji Tabuchi?

Top Bottom