• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

imBask

Banned
jqpQLcJ.jpg

i'm really sorry

I found the whole episode to be quite boring. Very disappointing. I hope they get away from these horrible short info videos and go back to actual bad movies.

I mean the problem with botw is that the quality of the episodes is really dependent upon what shit they randomly select to watch. WotW probably dominates the most funniest moments in botw history, but it also has some of the dullest moments. Exploding varmints alone justifys wotw continuing to exist.

jett

D-Member
I found the whole episode to be quite boring. Very disappointing. I hope they get away from these horrible short info videos and go back to actual bad movies.

In general RLM's content has been boring me lately to be honest.

Sephzilla

I do kind of feel like Wheel of the Worst could use some kind of pre-recording filtering of their videos. Like, half of the ones in the current episode were clearly stuff that should have been tossed aside immediately

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I do kind of feel like Wheel of the Worst could use some kind of pre-recording filtering of their videos. Like, half of the ones in the current episode were clearly stuff that should have been tossed aside immediately
Rich says he watches the first 5-10 minutes of each video that goes on the wheel.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
What the fuck is a beani baby?
What are you, 15? (Just kidding)

Tiny little stuffed animals filled with bean bag materials. They were huge in the late '90s. Like "beat the shit out of the other moms in front of their daughters if they try to take the last one before you do." huge. Sometimes they would sell for exorbitant amounts because people are stupid. Then again, some people pay hundreds of dollars for old video games so how can we talk?

The point of Wheel of the Worst is to get through smaller videos like this. Best of the Worst and Plinketto are reserved for the larger movies.

Yeah, so far these videos don;t give them too much to work with. Some of them are only 10 minutes long.

And this is their last Wheel of the Worst?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I'll take WotW, but what I really want is a Jingle all the Way commentary track :(

We need a Wheel of the Worst that consists only of Neil Breen movies.

I'll also never forgive them for skipping that Bud Spencer Aladdin movie. :(

In general RLM's content has been boring me lately to be honest.

In this post-truth world I'm confident to say that I feel like they haven't been doing as much content as before.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I don't care about the facts, because it feels like that.

Xux

We need a Wheel of the Worst that consists only of Neil Breen movies.

I'll also never forgive them for skipping that Bud Spencer Aladdin movie. :(

In this post-truth world I'm confident to say that I feel like they haven't been doing as much content as before.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I don't care about the facts, because it feels like that.
Don't even need it since there're only three more anyway. I just want to hear Jack discuss one. Also, I like how the outtakes make it look like the actual episode and interview were edit to look like they didn't get along with Max that well.

Cheerilee

Not a good WotW. Not watching the entirety of the video. Isn't that the whole point?

They've given up on videos and moved on to replacements before, but they usually cut the fail part out and pretend it never happened. IIRC, they said once that an entire night was a washout, everything was terrible and they couldn't get anything going in the roundtable discussion, they couldn't even manage to create some humor in the editing, so they trashed the whole thing as a miserable wasted effort.

This time they were able to string the numerous failures together into one big pile of fail.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The bowling ball crushing the tapes was so satisfying. Totally worth it.

Joeku

I actually do think that Just Kidding tape is from Belgium btw. I think I recognized a particular square from Brussels.

I hope so, because for a bit there (even before they said it was from Canada) I thought it might have been Just for Laughs Gags, a long-running prank show in Quebec.

I feel like JfLG was better than this most of the time, though.

barik

They did what they could with what they were given, fun (and bizarre) episode nonetheless. Worth it for all the Corny stuff, Jack's reaction to the octa-anal remark, and the Amazing Things intro. I hope this isn't actually the end of WotW.

kevin1025

Banned
I hope so, because for a bit there (even before they said it was from Canada) I thought it might have been Just for Laughs Gags, a long-running prank show in Quebec.

That was my initial thought, as well, that it was a precursor to Just For Laughs Gags.

I'm kind of with the RLM guys here: I hope it IS the last of the Wheel of the Worst.

They are like the inverse of MST3K shorts. Instead of being the perfect bite sized version of the "bigger" show, they are bite sized videos that are stretched out WAY too long for discussion, on the whole. Clearly there are great WotW moments, but if it took a LOOOOONG hiatus, I wouldn't mind.

Maybe if they made WotW episodes 30 minutes instead of 60 like regular BotW, it could be a lot more tolerable. As it is, I'd rather they do more Plinketto videos, because at least those are feature length movies.

Sephzilla

I just think Wheel of the Worst needs to get away from 10 minute school tapes and glorified infomercials and go back to being actual movies.

I just think Wheel of the Worst needs to get away from 10 minute school tapes and glorified infomercials and go back to being actual movies.

Plinketto basically does the same thing and they use real movies for that

Honestly wotw is my favorite type of botw, even episodes like this that are weaker have super bizarre/strange moments that are funny in a "how/why does this exist".

BigAT

Are you guys crazy? Without Wheel of the Worst, we wouldn't have The Osteoporosis Dance and Geritol Follies: 20th Anniversary, to name just a couple.

barik

Are you guys crazy? Without Wheel of the Worst, we wouldn't have The Osteoporosis Dance and Geritol Follies: 20th Anniversary, to name just a couple.

Not to mention Rainbow's Remedy, Seducing Women Through Hypnosis, Kid Sand Airbags, S.O.S, Exploding Varmints???

Grinchy

Banned
I love Rich and Jack, but I can't stand watching their gaming videos or even their twitch stream anymore. They just have such awful gaming opinions.

I love Rich and Jack, but I can't stand watching their gaming videos or even their twitch stream anymore. They just have such awful gaming opinions.
This is exactly me. Their reasons always seem so petty and superficial. Like they have an incredibly high standard and Rose tinted goggles on games of past.

Aiii

So not worth it
While funny. I much prefer actual schlock or plain bad movies over bad PSA videos any day of the week.

Bread

Banned
josh: "well at least the cartoon parts are fun right?"

rich: "...no"

the bus/egg video was hilarious but i wasn't crazy about the rest of it. good ep

Cheerilee

Just for Laughs Gags is a lot better than that amateur trash.

That was my initial thought, as well, that it was a precursor to Just For Laughs Gags.

Nah, Candid Camera was the precursor to JfLG, right down to ending the joke by showing the hidden camera to the victim and getting their reaction. And "Just for Laughs: Gags" was a spinoff from the professional Canadian comedy show, "Just for Laughs", so it was never amateur.

This was just some random Canadian with a camcorder trying to be Candid Camera and failing on every level.

I've been there for a LONG while.

To be fully honest, if they come up with a new review section on RLM for movies, I'm dropping Pre Rec from the OP. Someone else can use my write up if they wanted to start a Pre Rec |OT|.

Top Bottom