• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wish the Return to Oz part had been longer. But I loved their comparisons to other 80's Kids terror films and the crap that gets done today.

I actually didn't mind Franco too much, and I'm typically not a fan. Kunis was beyond bad though, even if I disagree that she was worse after the transformation. At least afterwards she didn't just stare blankly into space nonstop.

I haven't seen the movie but I don't like kunis at all. when they were saying she acted way better than natalie portman in black swan I was like "whaat?"
great episode though, I love when they're back at plinkett's place, these eps are soo much better than in the repair shop for some reason

Davey Cakes

I watched it last night. It was the first time that all of the movies were "so bad they're good."

I can see exactly why the ending to Deadly Prey didn't go over well, though.

rlm_bazookay6c01.gif

I wish these guys just did a Kickstarter, cuz I hate auctions and feel that just simply donating via the website is "unfulfilling"...

Yeah I know, but Kickstarters are so much more efficient since there is a goal, plus you see how much people are donating. Donating anonymously is boring.

In the First contact review Plinkett comments on how Picard and Lily have holographic clothes put on them. He says he didn't think they took time to change but when they're leaving you can see Picard's uniform hanging on a hangar in the background.

Aiii

So not worth it
Blip is slow today, can't get it to stream properly even in SD without buffering for a long time.

And I normally watch this stuff in HD no problem. I'll give it a while and try to watch it later.

Taichu

In the First contact review Plinkett comments on how Picard and Lily have holographic clothes put on them. He says he didn't think they took time to change but when they're leaving you can see Picard's uniform hanging on a hangar in the background.

Also, Dr. Crusher does close the hatch door while the emergency medical hologram stalls the borg intruder. Plinkett tends to exaggerate in some instances.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Maybe the computer transports their old clothes off and new ones on in place simultaneously. And for some reason stores them in a hanger instead of in the buffer. For some reason.

haikira

How's the Evil Dead review for spoilers? Really want to watch the review, though the film isn't out here in the UK yet, so i haven't got to see it.

Also. The latest best of the worst was one of my favorites. Watched it again with some friends. That skateboard scene nearly killed me, the first time i saw it.

inm8num2

How's the Evil Dead review for spoilers? Really want to watch the review, though the film isn't out here in the UK yet, so i haven't got to see it.

Also. The latest best of the worst was one of my favorites. Watched it again with some friends. That skateboard scene nearly killed me, the first time i saw it.

I didn't pick up on any spoilers. All they mentioned were a few differences in the setup of the movie and reason for the kids going to the cabin.

Most of their discussion was general comments about style, gore, character behavior, etc. Nothing too specific.

There was one part where they specifically pointed out they weren't going to mention what the signature horror element in the film was, so they seemed pretty aware of avoiding spoilers in general. I didn't really pick up on any.

if they spoilered something they usually gave out a warning first so HITB is always pretty save I'd say.

I've been enjoying best of the worst far more than HITB lately btw, the last episode was so good.

Davey Cakes

I've been enjoying best of the worst far more than HITB lately btw, the last episode was so good.
I can see why. With BotW you never really know what to expect. HitB is still great but it seems like a lot of the recent reviews have been for movies with middling recommendations, rather than "absolutely go see it" or "it's absolute shit." So, while the analysis is nice, the verdict is kind of boring and predictable.

UrbanRats

I can see why. With BotW you never really know what to expect. HitB is still great but it seems like a lot of the recent reviews have been for movies with middling recommendations, rather than "absolutely go see it" or "it's absolute shit." So, while the analysis is nice, the verdict is kind of boring and predictable.

I agree.
We need as new Adam Sendler movie.

probably right. I also like this whole "watching a movie with friends" vibe you get from BotW
since you see them reacting when they sit on the couch etc. seems more natural

Davey Cakes

The BotW when they saw "three good movies by mistake" was great and again, unexpected.

With some of the HitB movies I can just tell beforehand that they're going to react mildly. I guess I was surprised that Mike enjoyed Jack the Giant Slayer but it was still a "this was better than I expected but I can see people not enjoying it" sort of thing, which is boring. And Oz's review basically fell in line RottenTomatoes. Like, "it's inoffensive, you may enjoy it."

Average and middling movies can be boring to talk about, though Mike and Jay do a decent job with their analyses. Where, the concept of BotW really brings you into a different world where the movies can be absolutely awful or "so good they're bad" or "surprisingly legitimately good." I could understand if someone found BotW to be "more fun" than HitB.

Then again, HitB can be hilarious and fun too. Thinking of the ending to the most recent one.

I immediately ordered Miami connection (which I had forgotten about when it was hyped not too long ago) and the girls, guns, g-strings DVD set after watching the latest botw. I love this kind of cheesy campy fun. The end tag of Miami connection is amazing.

Can someone get me a gif of when they were being dragged down to hell, with Mike flailing his arms wildly while Jay just nonchalantly drinks his beer?

I like BotW, but I think they are too heavily edited.

I feel like, for the most part, it should be "them describing the movie, them watching the movie (with some relevant roundtable bits cut into the main viewing) and then the rest of the roundtable.

As it is now, there is a fair amount of redundancy in each episode.

Definitely not bad, but it could be much better.

Top Bottom