• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Cheerilee

I haven't seen IM 3 and don't regret watching the HitB review. That said, if you're a person who really hates spoilers, you might want to avoid it. They do talk about the end. It seems like people have become much more sensitive about spoilers in the last decade. Did we even have a word for spoilers 20 years ago?

Total Recall - 1990

Bob McClane: You're gonna like this Doug. You are a top operative. Back under deep cover on your very important mission, people are trying to kill you left and right, then you meet this beautiful exotic woman.

Douglas Quaid: Go on.

Bob McClane: I don't want to spoil it for you Doug, but rest assured that by the time to wake up you get the girl, kill the bad guys and save the entire planet. Now, you tell me, isn't that worth a measly 300 credits?

inm8num2

Trying to rewatch the episode and just got a "Sorry, we're unable to load a message from our sponsors" image. I haven't seen that on RLM's site before, and I've been using Adblock Plus for a long-ass time.

Trying to rewatch the episode and just got a "Sorry, we're unable to load a message from our sponsors" image. I haven't seen that on RLM's site before, and I've been using Adblock Plus for a long-ass time.

yes I got that too :/ (although it's deactivated for GAF of course :p)

Really enjoyed that one. I will just say that whilst suicide is something i take seriously and is hard to joke about the one in this review was hilarious. One of the better jokes in any of their reviews actually.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

It's not specifically RLM. Blip.tv in general has adopted the Hulu-style AdBlock nag screens.

Plinkett needs to exercise some control over his brand. The animated series and the Wheel of the Worst really brings down his reputation as an intelligent critic/comedian.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Wheel of the Worst, even if they didn't get the selection I wanted.

Agreed on TAS though.

Didn't Robot Jox have a sequel?

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Wheel of the Worst, even if they didn't get the selection I wanted.

Agreed on TAS though.

Didn't Robot Jox have a sequel?

It just wasn't funny. Nobody had anything interesting to add in discussion so why not just have Mike and Jay review it ala half in the bag? The whole panel format was a bust.

Trurl

Banned
How long does an episode of Half in the Bag usually take to come out? I thought they would have a Star Trek review by now.

haikira

How long does an episode of Half in the Bag usually take to come out? I thought they would have a Star Trek review by now.

Going by how much goes into making their reviews, i'm sure it takes them a good couple of days to put together. They also have quite a lot of other stuff going on at the minute, i believe. I suspect it wont be up for a few more days, at the very least.

Peru

The animated series is hilarious. Sometimes I realize most of the audience for the site really does have the shitty taste lampooned right there.

Best of the worst is hit and miss - I watch it and it's mostly somewhat enjoyable, but it's super difficult to make that kind of thing work. They're competing against MSt3K in my memory and of course that show scripted their takedowns, so it's a losing game humor wise. But it does often work as an introduction to intriguing b-movies and the discussion afterwards is also sometimes interesting.

inm8num2

LOL
cold fusion
. I thought about that but then forgot it probably because it was kind of dumb. Quintessential Lindelof "science".

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
45 minutes and only Star Trek, i don't expect a Plinkett review, they went over everything.

They were less forgiving than I was. I enjoyed the first two thirds of the movie, but it was the lat bit that killed it for me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, this was basically what I expected from the review based on the 2009 review. I feel like they're basically right on about everything they brought up anyway.

Won

They actually hated it much more than I expected after the Trek 09 review. But I guess that's to expected, as the film doesn't really do anyhing interesting or new.

Majine

Banned
I was laughing my ass of at this, and I am neither a Star Trek guy nor am I intending to watch the movie. In other words, I betted on this review giving me more entertainment than the movie.

Eidan

It seems like they were kind of confused by the plot.

When does Khan ever say he was promised that working for Marcus would mean his crew would be revived? My understanding was that Marcus was pretty much holding his crew hostage, and that he would kill them if Khan didn't do what he said.

EDIT: Yeah, they should have watched it twice before reviewing.

Won

the part about tribbles and human blood. why didn't i think about that?

Because tribbles are cute.

It seems like they were kind of confused by the plot.

When does Khan ever say he was promised that working for Marcus would mean his crew would be revived? My understanding was that Marcus was pretty much holding his crew hostage, and that he would kill them if Khan didn't do what he said.

I wanted to call them out on it, but then I realized that I don't remember if I got that by watching the movie or reading a spoiler somewhere. :/
As they said the movie kinda rushes through the dialogue. Everything about Cumberbatch backstory is kinda messy how things are established. Stuff is mentioned and then ignored.

Top Bottom