• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

UrbanRats

iKbxaJAZtoWna.jpg

Now... people can enjoy the movie all they want but to say it's the best of any genre and all times?

Edit: Maybe they're just joking

If they're gonna call Mike, Jay and Rich Marveltard fanboys, they might do well to go back and watch their TDKR review, where they absolutely loved the movie. I mean, I know they're trolling, but it should at least be consistent with reality.

Heads up: Miami Connection is now on Netflix, and holy shit. They actually managed to undersell how insane and badly edited it is on Best of the Worst.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Amazing trailer. The YT comments are gold.

"is there anything, besides most things, that Rich Evans can't do?"

SmithnCo

While amazing as always, I thought there was more to The Lone Ranger than most people are willing to credit it for.

Yeah, it's not that bad, but their point about the tone was spot on. I think it would've been a lot better if the movie had more of the 'wacky' tone of the final action scene.

Yeah, it's not that bad, but their point about the tone was spot on. I think it would've been a lot better if the movie had more of the 'wacky' tone of the final action scene.

It does, though. Pretty much every scene with the Lone Ranger was wacky. The only ones that weren't were scenes that involved the main villains directly in some way. The villains were the parts of the script that were dark and serious, and I liked that. The best stories like this that mix the comedy with a period are ones like Monkey Island and Pirates of the Caribbean, where you've got this serious story and world, but either some of the people who inhabit it or the hero himself are odd or buffoons. It's easy to root for a clumsy underdog like a Guybrush Threepwood or a John Reid, but especially when they go up against tougher, more serious villains and obstances like a Ghost Pirate LeChuck or a Butch Cavendish. I do wish the movie had kept more of the original supernatural elements, though.

I was expecting them to like it. Seems like one of those old school adventure movies they're always lamenting aren't made anymore.

While I didn't hate the movie (because it was so over the top stupid that it became not boring), I think it's easy to see why anyone would hate it. It felt way too similar to Pirates (and that is not an overstatement), was so over the top to where tension dies, the tone is seriously all over the place, and perhaps its worse offense was that its filled with lots of pointless stuff
(the shot of the ranger standing on top of the platform and the scorpions scene come to mind, specially the former since it serves no purpose other that to be a trailer shot)

It seemed to me like one of those movies that gets made all the time only in a western setting.

Top Bottom