• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh right, this is probably happening because of the Kickstarter.

Oof, only made 15k out of 50k so far. Hope this gives them a boost.

That was fucking great! Matt looks better than he did 25 years ago. And I thought Keanu Reeves was the one who had found the fountain of youth.

Just an FYI since some people might not know or forgotten about it, but they did to a commentary track to Samurai Cop early this year:

http://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/music

Also, I wish they'd do more of these. I remember on a stream Jay said they were open to it, but that was a while ago. And, speaking of streams, I haven't watched any in a while since they've been solo streams. Has there been one with Rich, Jay, and Jack in a while?

UrbanRats

Matt Hannon seems like a cool guy.
Not sure why he's so ashamed to have starred in Samurai Cop though, yeah it's a shit movie, but so what?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He probably should have had a better reason for why the Kickstarter needed to exist. Not that it's going to make its goal anyway.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
He probably should have had a better reason for why the Kickstarter needed to exist. Not that it's going to make its goal anyway.

Yeah, it sounds like he's not really too involved with the production really.

I hope they don't try to make it a cheesy movie on purpose and that they actually try to make a good movie.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
"We already have the funding" "We just wanted to get the fans involved" "Maybe the money could be used for extra rehearsal time".

Yeah. lol

"We already have the funding" "We just wanted to get the fans involved" "Maybe the money could be used for extra rehearsal time".

Yeah. lol
It does though. You can get parts in the movie and props etc. I have no issue with campaigns like that. 60 for blu's of one and two plus they did an offer before Labor Day where you got a free copy of killing American style if you pledged over 60. It's not exactly stealing money.

I love me some HITB and Wheel of the Worst, but for real, how long has it been since the last Plinkett review?

I know, you can't rush perfection /:

Cheerilee

I love me some HITB and Wheel of the Worst, but for real, how long has it been since the last Plinkett review?

I know, you can't rush perfection /:

Near as I can figure...

2008 - Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek: Insurrection
Star Trek: Nemesis

Dec 2009 - Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

Jan 2010 - Avatar

April 2010 - Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

June 2010 - Baby's Day Out

Sept 2010 - Star Trek: The Star Trek

Dec 2010 - Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

June 2011 - Cop Dog

Dec 2011 - Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Dec 2012 - Titanic

May 2013 - Star Trek Into Darkness

He really slowed down after Episode 3. People were having withdrawal in the one year gap between KotCS and Titanic, and STID doesn't really count since it was only 5 minutes long, and Plinkett probably won't release anything before December, at the earliest, so we're probably looking at around two years (or more) of suffering.

Save us, Mr Plinkett!

In the past, he's hinted at reviewing the LotR trilogy, the Matrix trilogy, the Nolan Batman trilogy, the Spiderman Trilogy, the Marvel movies... and new Star Wars movies are on the horizon. There is so much work for him to do.

tonight I asked matt hannon aka samurai cop who was the nicest boy between jay and mike and he said mike. he also said both were shy.

#teammike

Fjordson

Near as I can figure...

He really slowed down after Episode 3. People were having withdrawal in the one year gap between KotCS and Titanic, and STID doesn't really count since it was only 5 minutes long, and Plinkett probably won't release anything before December, at the earliest, so we're probably looking at around two years (or more) of suffering.

Save us, Mr Plinkett!

In the past, he's hinted at reviewing the LotR trilogy, the Matrix trilogy, the Nolan Batman trilogy, the Spiderman Trilogy, the Marvel movies... and new Star Wars movies are on the horizon. There is so much work for him to do.
A trio of reviews for the Matrix movies would be amazing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like the conventional reviews have basically replaced any of their desire to do a full close reading of a film. Those damn Star Wars reviews must have taken ages to put together.

I feel like the conventional reviews have basically replaced any of their desire to do a full close reading of a film. Those damn Star Wars reviews must have taken ages to put together.

How many movies can they really do like that, anyway? Most films don't really need an hour long dissection.

Cheerilee

Well, Mike apparently did five Plinkett reviews in 2010, and five mostly by himself just for fun in "a year or two" before that (not sure exactly when he started, other than "2008").

In 2011, they started making Half in the Bag (and later Best of the Worst), which pushed Plinkett into the background, but I think (hope) Mike still wants to release some new Plinkett every December.

Making Space Cop has apparently squeezed all of their resources though. Once it's done, and they get some rest, I'm sure Plinkett will be back. With any luck, he already scraped one together on the side for this December, and it would be nice if he can turn it into a yearly tradition.

Rymuth

Near as I can figure...

Save us, Mr Plinkett!

And the Twilight trilogy, if I remember his talk with Palpy.

Still, thanks a lot for that timeline. I always wondered about the gap between each review.

Given the nature of the Plinkett reviews (critiquing disappointing sequels to beloved franchises), I'd like to see him tackle Die Hard 2,4 & 5. Plenty of material to work with there.

1>3>>>>>>>>>>>>2>>>>>>>>4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5

That's the order. I really dislike 2. It's just a copy of the first one with none of the good bits. It's like they didn't understand what made the first one as good as it is. I also loathe the way they shoehorned in yippee ki-ay even though it makes absolutely no sense outside of the context of the first movie. And I also despise the way it became his catchphrase to say right before he kills someone even though he didn't do that at all in the original, he just says it randomly as he goes into the bathroom because they were talking about cowboy movies. And then you have the terribly bland bad guy, the forgettable goons and mediocre dialogue. The whole plot is held together on a bunch of crazy coincidences, too makes no sense at all. FUCK DIE HARD 2. There I said it.

Similar situation to Ghostbusters 2 for me.

On the Twitch stream they just said no Half in the Bags recently since there is literally nothing out right now and they are editing the next Best of the Worst. Needs me some BotW

Wolfe

Really enjoyed the Matt Hannon interview vids, was interesting to hear some of the explanations for reasons why the movie turned out the way it did.

Also funny hearing his experience with the production.

Top Bottom