• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Cheerilee

How come the Canadians keep getting appearances but still no sight of Gillian

IIRC, Gillian was an out-of-towner. Canada is out-of-town too, but I doubt RLM is paying anyone to fly over, they just drop by for a visit whenever they're in town. And Milwaukee is not a place where people often go.

Myggen

IIRC, Gillian was an out-of-towner. Canada is out-of-town too, but I doubt RLM is paying anyone to fly over, they just drop by for a visit whenever they're in town. And Milwaukee is not a place where people often go.

Yeah, according to her profile on RLM she has now probably moved to LA.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
15149529438_85f69feab5_o.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
I have never heard of Snowpiercer either.

How do you make a film with Chris Evans in 2014 and not get any publicity just based off of that?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I have never heard of Snowpiercer either.

How do you make a film with Chris Evans in 2014 and not get any publicity just based off of that?

Because you piss off Harvey Weinstein by refusing to cut your movie down and add opening/closing monologues, so he fucks you over as an act of petty revenge by relegating you to a few arthouse theaters.

Fuck Harvey Weinstein.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
im glad they talked about Enemy. i really like Jake Gyllenhaal, didn't even know that he was in a new movie, and it seems like he is more in a role that is akin to Donnie Darko, so i'm hoping for some of that sort of thing going on

Some time ago I broke down their reviews on Half in the Bag. I thought I might update it with the more recent episodes.

They recommended:

TDKR
Looper
Dredd
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Drive
Skyfall
The Hobbit: UEK (Though they hated the 3D and 48fps)
The Hobbit: DoS
Django Unchained
Lincoln
Men in Black III
The Master
The Comedy
Excision
Warm Bodies
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Evil Dead
The Lords of Salem
Iron Man 3
Pacific Rim
The Conjuring
Only God Forgives
Blue Jasmine
Thor
Thor 2
The Wolf of Wall Street
Spring Breakers
Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa
Maniac
Saving Mr. Banks
Captain Phillips
Her
The Adjustment Bureau
Paul
Super
Scream 4
X-Men: First Class
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Captain America
Captain America 2
Godzilla 2014 (Although Jay was disappointed in it, he still recommended seeing it in theaters)
Grand Budapest Hotel
Edge of Tomorrow
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Guardians of the Galaxy
Blue Ruin
Murder Party
Enemy
Magic in the Moonlight
Proxy
Palo Alto
Snowpiercer
The Avengers

They split on:

Ghost Rider 2
The Last Stand
Jack the Giant Slayer
Oblivion
Star Trek Into Darkness
Hangover Part III
The Wolverine
Hercules
RoboCop 2014
Battle: LA
Fright Night
Contagion
Transcendence (Although they all seemed to dislike it, Rich gave a lukewarm recommendation and Mike said some people might enjoy it)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

They did not recommend:

Jack and Jill
Red Tails
Breaking Dawn Part 2
Sinister
Carrie
Ender's Game
The Bling Ring
Twixt
Cheap Thrills
Don Jon
Passion
Jobs
Transformers 3
Sucker Punch
Drive Angry
Your Highness
Hangover Part II
Conan the Barbarian
What's Your Number
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
A Million Ways to Die in the West
Cheap Thrills
Deliver Us from Evil
Boyhood
Into the Storm

And they reviewed Movie 43 sarcastically.

They recommended The Avengers.

Yeah, I need to go back to the earlier stuff. It was kind of confusing with the whole Machinima deal.

They recommended boyhood

They did not.

Didn't they actually recommend Jack and Jill just for being a learning experience?

Possibly? I don't recall. But given their dissection of everything that makes it terrible, I think that, from the standpoint of being entertainment, they didn't recommend watching it.

rekameohs

Banned
Some time ago I broke down their reviews on Half in the Bag. I thought I might update it with the more recent episodes.

Just off the top of my head, I remember them liking Cowboys and Aliens and hating Amazing Spider Man 1, and you don't have those.

edit: Shit, you forgot Man of Steel. That review was a classic.

So Mike attended TIFF? That's neat. Too bad he didn't or couldn't record anything while there like some of their early videos where they had a bit of travelogue footage.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Snowpiercer is an allegory about people working on a shitty big-budget movie and trying to make it better.

For real. Think about it.

Rydeen

Is he not doing movie reviews anymore as Plinket?
He's been working on one off and on for a while, but Space Cop, Half in the Bag and Best of the Worst have taken priority as they are semi regular features.

To be honest, I don't know if I want him to do a Plinkett review just because of demand. Those reviews are at their best when it's clear Mike thought long and hard about the issues at hand for the films, and not just because somebody thought it would be a funny review. His love of Star Trek TNG comes through in his TNG movie reviews, and how deeply disappointed he was in those movies as a fan.

He's been working on one off and on for a while, but Space Cop, Half in the Bag and Best of the Worst have taken priority as they are semi regular features.

To be honest, I don't know if I want him to do a Plinkett review just because of demand. Those reviews are at their best when it's clear Mike thought long and hard about the issues at hand for the films, and not just because somebody thought it would be a funny review. His love of Star Trek TNG comes through in his TNG movie reviews, and how deeply disappointed he was in those movies as a fan.

I agree but i thought its been awhile since his last one. Ibdontvreally care for his other stuff so im always checking for the next review.

D.Lo

Yeah.

That said, their best things IMO are the less formal ones, more sketch-like. The Prometheus 'why' video, The Grown Ups 2 review. They're like mini-plinket reviews because they're both a comedy piece as well as film criticism (well the first of those examples is lol).

Fox318

Mike has a passion for biodome

Review coming up

Xrenity

Titanic and Baby's Day Out were fun as well though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Isn't Tammy and the T-Rex some super depressing drama about a guy dying and then being turned into a dinosaur? Like some seriously goofy "drama"?
I think I saw that movie when I was a child cause me and my parents thought it's some dumb shit about a Dinosaur and then it ended up traumatizing me

Top Bottom