• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gonna get a lot of use out of this one.

i70N1vYJKB8oF.gif

Brad Jones reviewed HCITIIRIL a few years back as a part of DVD-R Hell, and with both videos in mind, it still is hilarious how detached Ted Danson is during his segments, like as if he was looking to a lawyer in-between takes to see if this counted as enough hours for some sort of community service requirement.

The dance video was unexpectedly hilarious, and the Flatulence video was unexpectedly boring. Peter Molyneux once said that the fart joke is the simplest form of humor to get a reaction from both American and British audiences, but the Flatulent Gladiators video managed to prove that wrong. Probably, because the fart joke was FG's only gag, and it quickly ran that joke into the ground, through some caves underneath the ground, and through the Earth's very crust.

Holy mother of God, the dancing video segment was perhaps the funniest they've ever done. Has Mike ever laughed like that before in any prior content from these guys? He's usually the straight man but he totally lost it on multiple occasions, it was kinda surreal to see him like that. The Colin guy looked like he was about to keel over from laughing so much as well. I had tears in my eyes for most of it.

A shame the flatulence video was so soul numbingly awful, it really killed the mood for the last 10 minutes.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Jessi's "Dance of Death" joke. :lol

Here's the IMDB pages for How Can I Tell if I'm Really in Love and American Flatulators. Surprisingly no IMDB for The Osteoporosis Dance.

bizarre. almost no info for them.

well, osteoporosis dance can probably qualify for one now since it was reviewed on best of the worst.

this was a pretty good ep. the first video was the most fun to experience review-wise, but the osteoporosis dance was just funny.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I loved that they had the Candian guests back because Mike seemed to make it his sole goal in the episode to destroy their morale. It was like he couldn't stand to see anybody smiling, good stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How was the Rich an Jack stream on Wednesday? Any good? Did Jay or anyone else show up?
Jack hated No More Heroes. The gang shows up for like 10 minutes.

Personally I'm looking forward to whenever they decide to talk about the AVGN movie... since, well, it might reveal a bit of how they are positioning Space Cop.

dani_dc

This week Best of the Worst was fun, but it was one of those episodes that I wouldn't show to people unless they already knew it, it felt rather "off" and unrestrained compared to most of them.

Jack hated No More Heroes. The gang shows up for like 10 minutes.

Personally I'm looking forward to whenever they decide to talk about the AVGN movie... since, well, it might reveal a bit of how they are positioning Space Cop.

Any particular reason they would talk about the AVGN movie?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Any particular reason they would talk about the AVGN movie?

The chat asked them about it for two weeks now, and Jack and Jay have said they have seen it and have strong opinions about it. I'm going to assume they're negative opinions, because as seen with the Samurai Cop 2 interview thing, they don't like movies that aim to be camp on purpose. And well, AVGN is that movie in a nutshell.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Also it's pretty cringeworthy and simply awful.
I think the film is good for what it is, a Troma-esque campy monster movie. But it basically becomes a matter of taste if you like that kind of movie or not.

That said, I'm not sure what people expected from James. It was the movie he was basically born to make.

Cygnus

Banned
The chat asked them about it for two weeks now, and Jack and Jay have said they have seen it and have strong opinions about it. I'm going to assume they're negative opinions, because as seen with the Samurai Cop 2 interview thing, they don't like movies that aim to be camp on purpose. And well, AVGN is that movie in a nutshell.

Do you have a link to this please? I must have missed that.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

But isn't Space Cop exactly that?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

There's a difference between campy on purpose and comedy. I guess that space cop seems more like a comedy since it seems more funny in its initial concept. Idk, really, can't say much since I haven't seen either.

ckohler

I really liked this Best of the Worst, mostly for the osteoporosis dance video reactions, but it was kinda ruined because they were all too drunk. Mike couldn't even read the box he was so sloshed. I know these videos are hard to watch but at least stay somewhat sober if you're recoring an episode.

Fox318

I really liked this Best of the Worst, mostly for the osteoporosis dance video reactions, but it was kinda ruined because they were all too drunk. Mike couldn't even read the box he was so sloshed. I know these videos are hard to watch but at least stay somewhat sober if you're recoring an episode.

I think its better when they are a little drunk.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

You know...I don't think I've ever said this and I hope I don't say it again, but I hope they go easy on the movie. Own it but haven't had time to see it yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do you have a link to this please? I must have missed that.
It's is on the last Rich and Jay stream on their Twitch channel. They stream for like 5 hours though, so I can't remember when they bring it up.

Yeah, which is why I'm sort of interested to hear their take on the AVGN movie.

You know...I don't think I've ever said this and I hope I don't say it again, but I hope they go easy on the movie. Own it but haven't had time to see it yet.
I almost feel like the way Jack put it, they didn't like it. But maybe I'm just projecting onto him.

I haven't finished the most recent stream, but a few weeks ago the chat asked Jay, and he said he hadn't seen it (I think) and didn't think Half in the Bag was an appropriate place to discuss it, and if he did do something about the movie it would be outside of that. Jack and Rich have seen some episodes of the Angry Nintendo Nerd, but outside of Zero Punctuation, I don't think they've ever really said what they watch, if anything, really video game related.

But my memory could be fuzzy. The streams are always super long and filled with a lot of stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I haven't finished the most recent stream, but a few weeks ago the chat asked Jay, and he said he hadn't seen it (I think) and didn't think Half in the Bag was an appropriate place to discuss it, and if he did do something about the movie it would be outside of that. Jack and Rich have seen some episodes of the Angry Nintendo Nerd, but outside of Zero Punctuation, I don't think they've ever really said what they watch, if anything, really video game related.

But my memory could be fuzzy. The streams are always super long and filled with a lot of stuff.
Yeah, that was several streams ago. The latest one "promised" that they would talk about it on stream at some point in the future.

Top Bottom