• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Calcium

Banned
Anyone remember which BotW has Rich Evans making a prank phone call? I think it had something to do with giraffes or something. I randomly thought of it this morning and wanted to watch it, but I don't remember which one it is.

Been catching up with Best of the Worst. Finishing 2013 right now. I feel bad for people who only watch Plinkett and HitB, all of these guys are rich. And they're missing out on Rich.

Calcium

Banned
Been catching up with Best of the Worst. Finishing 2013 right now. I feel bad for people who only watch Plinkett and HitB, all of these guys are rich. And they're missing out on Rich.

BotW might be my favorite thing RLM does. Plinkett is way too infrequent and HitB can be really hit or miss depending on my interest in the movie they are reviewing.

Same here. I recently discovered RLM and I started watching Best of the Worst over the weekend. It's goddamn fantastic, the commentary + the movies clips = some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a while

"Ironically, they're nothing BUT bones at this point" nearly killed me. I had the same break-down Collin did and I had to stop the video.

NeoGiff

I've been a fan of RLM for the better part of a year, and would occasionally watch a Half in the Bag episode.

In the last two months I've become a complete fanatic and have caught up on most of their material. Honestly, Wheel of the Worst is some of their best work. Absolutely hilarious. Anyone who, like I used to, only watches Plinkett and HITB... watch Best of the Worst!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Yep best of the worst really is their best show right now. Half in the bag can be good but since they can't show clips from the movie it's not very in depth often

Add me to the "only watched plinkett until recently" column. BotW is amazing HitB has some great episodes but as its more of a gut reaction show if they like the movie/s its generally not as interesting/funny.

I'm watching a recording of their Dark Souls stream on YouTube and it's weird not to see their faces for the reactions and all that. But that might just be me, because I never watch anything on Twitch, buy whenever I see little clips from these things, they always have some picture in picture thing going on. I'm probably also used to see their reactions from BOTW.

Have they explained why they're not doing it?

I generally don't care much for any of the plinkett segments on HitB. I like them if they're related to the film at hand IE Plinkett being "killed" and paranormal investigators coming to search the house for ghost during a HitB about horror/haunting films. Plinkett works best as a gag that leads to the movie being brought up or further poking fun of the film like Pinkett's sister in the Jack and Jill review

UrbanRats

I generally don't care much for any of the plinkett segments on HitB. I like them if they're related to the film at hand IE Plinkett being "killed" and paranormal investigators coming to search the house for ghost during a HitB about horror/haunting films. Plinkett works best as a gag that leads to the movie being brought up or further poking fun of the film like Pinkett's sister in the Jack and Jill review

Same.
When they're completely unrelated i almost want to skip over.

El Topo

I've been a fan of RLM for the better part of a year, and would occasionally watch a Half in the Bag episode.

In the last two months I've become a complete fanatic and have caught up on most of their material. Honestly, Wheel of the Worst is some of their best work. Absolutely hilarious. Anyone who, like I used to, only watches Plinkett and HITB... watch Best of the Worst!

Similar situation here. I hadn't really followed them at all until a few months ago, since then I've tried to catch up on some of their material, most notably "Best of the Worst", which is at times incredibly hilarious and it's easy to get swept away with them. Not every episode is equally great, but some, most notably the "Wheel of the Worst" episodes, are fantastic.

I honestly don't get what they saw in Pacific Rim though.

Similar situation here. I hadn't really followed them at all until a few months ago, since then I've tried to catch up on some of their material, most notably "Best of the Worst", which is at times incredibly hilarious and it's easy to get swept away with them. Not every episode is equally great, but some, most notably the "Wheel of the Worst" episodes, are fantastic.

I honestly don't get what they saw in Pacific Rim though.
What they saw? Most people saw it. It's a fun summer blockbuster film it didn't need more.

inky

Pacific Rim is great. I think they recognized the earnestness with which the subject matter is approached and the talent with which it was filmed. If you are wondering "what they saw" in it, maybe watch the review again? I think they were pretty clear on why they liked it.

They also said the accents were crap, characters were one dimensional, parts of the story and motivations didn't make sense, and Mike characterized it as the best "B movie" he's seen or something like that, and kept making comparisons to Asylum movies. They saw a very flawed yet entertaining movie and liked it regardless, much like everyone else who liked it.

El Topo

I love the show, but I do find that I disagree with their opinions pretty often. Their review of Pacific Rim was the only reason I gave it a chance. I hated it.

I was fooled by the generally positive reviews and del Toro's previous (really good) movies. It's such a boring movie with an utterly dreadful middle part that almost made me leave. Bad acting, shitty dialogue, one-dimensional characters, I just don't get what critics saw in the movie. Again, I wouldn't have minded all that if there had been enough (well-made) action. You'd literally have to pay me to watch that movie again.

I don't mind if someone likes the movie, there's bad movies I like or enjoy, I'm just baffled by the generally good reviews.

I'm marathoning BotW and stumbled upon an episode I somehow missed. Today is a good day.

Which one?

I think my favorite ep is still last year's x-mas special.
"Stay in line with the Nazi party or we'll have a disgusting troll shove a knife into your balls!"

Calcium

Banned
Which one?

I think my favorite ep is still last year's x-mas special.
"Stay in line with the Nazi party or we'll have a disgusting troll shove a knife into your balls!"

The sequels episode with Playing Dangerous 2, The Exterminator and Deadliest Prey. I can't believe they made a sequel to Playing Dangerous, but that fucking kid with the Jello was worth it.

The sequels episode with Playing Dangerous 2, The Exterminator and Deadliest Prey. I can't believe they made a sequel to Playing Dangerous, but that fucking kid with the Jello was worth it.

lol that is a really good episode. The movies didn't seem that great but the ending to Deadliest Prey made it worth it. The similarity between the old one and new was kind of crazy. They went so far out of their way to have some of the exact same moments. True dat!

Sanjuro

Previously Recorded ‏@PreviouslyRec 12m12 minutes ago

We'll be streaming at about 7:30pmCST but you're not gonna like what we're streaming.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
When they review it will it be considered a game review or a movie review?

They should have Jay and Mike watch them play and then review it for HITB.

Grinchy

Banned
lol I knew they'd have trouble with the werewolf segments

They felt weird to me at first too but once it clicks, you don't take a single hit.

edit- I don't know why I just thought about this, but are they allowed to show the virtual penises on twitch? How does twitch handle in-game nudity?

inky

This stream is amazing. Rich is losing his shit over this fucking dumb exposition. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"We know this!"

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i think its one thing to complain about the gameplay:cutscene ratio, but the "game doing things for you" like running for you and crouching for you and having little dots showing you where to go are a general progression of game design not exclusive to this game or even this genre.

there's no point running around aimlessly trying to find what you want anymore. get in and get out. why does it matter if you have to "press a button" to run when you should just be running during that certain part of the game. its hardly playing for you.

anyway, i have some problems with their analysis of games, mostly because they aren't exposed to a variety of games and knowing where games are going in general rather than the particular game they are playing. As a result they are insular to only what they are playing, compared to someone who sort of cares about reviewing games with a wide basis of knowledge about games out there and at the very least who develops the game they are playing and what else they made.

inm8num2

The highest number of current viewers I've seen for Pre Rec during a stream is something like 680. Just checked into the stream now and they're at nearly 1000.

Top Bottom