• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yep, The Order was worth it for that reaction to the ending.

Man, RLM streams are now my favourite. It's replaced Giantbomb as my favourite video game related content by far.

Odrion

Banned
Wow, this game was way worse than I could have ever imagined. How this survived above a 60 metacritic rating is beyond me.

Shy

eBsUpSE.gif

If you can ever get a cheap copy (and it looks like that'll be very possible for this game), I'd suggest playing it.

It's actually a pretty sweet game.

I'm trying to sneak-dark-side-convince my friend to buy the game because he loves everything Sony and he said that if he gets it I can borrow it after he is done with it. If he doesn't get it soonish though I might cave and just not play it though because I don't wanna spend money on a short campaign.

Cheerilee

i think its one thing to complain about the gameplay:cutscene ratio, but the "game doing things for you" like running for you and crouching for you and having little dots showing you where to go are a general progression of game design not exclusive to this game or even this genre.

there's no point running around aimlessly trying to find what you want anymore. get in and get out. why does it matter if you have to "press a button" to run when you should just be running during that certain part of the game. its hardly playing for you.

I haven't seen the stream, but it sounds like an extension of something they were saying in the latest Pre-Rec (the one about Mario being better than Calladuty).

Mario let you run and jump, whenever and wherever you want. Modern games give you "press X to jump" and "press X to open gate" because they've given you so many abilities that they don't have enough buttons to operate them all. As a result, you can only do [thing] where [thing] is permitted.

Modern games already took away the jump button, but now The Order takes away the run button too, and not only that, they don't even give you "press X to run".

I don't know how much that complaint matters to the game or the industry or whatever, but it seems to fit with what they were just recently talking about.

Edit: I remember people bitching about the lack of a jump button in Link to the Past, so it's nothing new.

I haven't seen the stream, but it sounds like an extension of something they were saying in the latest Pre-Rec (the one about Mario being better than Calladuty).

Mario let you run and jump, whenever and wherever you want. Modern games give you "press X to jump" and "press X to open gate" because they've given you so many abilities that they don't have enough buttons to operate them all. As a result, you can only do [thing] where [thing] is permitted.

Modern games already took away the jump button, but now The Order takes away the run button too, and not only that, they don't even give you "press X to run".

I don't know how much that complaint matters to the game or the industry or whatever, but it seems to fit with what they were just recently talking about.

Edit: I remember people bitching about the lack of a jump button in Link to the Past, so it's nothing new.

The Order has a run/sprint button -______-
It controls just like any other games. You walk or run depending on how far you're tilting the stick.
Even the "walking" section you can still run by pressing the sprint button (L3). Some parts of the game won't let you do that tho but there are only few of those.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I loved that they predicted the gunshot fade to black and said if it happened it would be the greatest game ever.

And then it happened.

Snaku

Banned
Re-listened to that Rich Evans meltdown again. It's just as good as it was last night. The Order, ladies and gentlemen. Gunshot fade to black. :)

ckohler

I really like RLM (including Rich Evans) but I also really enjoyed The Order. So, I can't watch that video. Their hatred of it would probably just frustrate me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really like RLM (including Rich Evans) but I also really enjoyed The Order. So, I can't watch that video. Their hatred of it would probably just frustrate me.
They had already finished like 4-6 hours of the game by the time the stream started, and you could sense their hatred from the very beginning. lol

I think they were insulted more by the writing than the atcual game though. This is what I imagine the Best of the Worst sessions are like.

Snaku

Banned
They had already finished like 4-6 hours of the game by the time the stream started, and you could sense their hatred from the very beginning. lol

I think they were insulted more by the writing than the atcual game though. This is what I imagine the Best of the Worst sessions are like.

The shitty writing and piss poor story, which left several plot lines unresolved as sequel bait, pissed them off because that was the entire game. The "gameplay" felt like an annoying necessity to take the player from one cutscene to the next, and was a complete afterthought. The Order never engaged them in any meaningful way as a videogame, and was shit on accordingly. When near the end of the game they pulled up a quote from the game's director saying, "I think story and visuals are very high [priorities]. Gameplay is something that... it's a game, we make games, we can't get around it," then they really started to eviscerate it.

Oprah lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They kept calling the makers of the game failed movie directors. lol

"This is what happens when untalented people try to artistically jerk-off."

Top Bottom