• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

When they were mocking the Wachowski's for not creating anything good since The Matrix, did they forget about V for Vendetta or did they just not like it? Well, at least I liked it.

Directed by somebody else and 'written' by the Wachowskis. And by written they probably mean adapted into screenplay and took liberties here and there.

Cheerilee

Battlefield Earth should've been a Plinkett review.

I coulda sworn they did something with battlefield earth before.

SF Debris reviewed it two years ago.

http://sfdebris.com/videos/films/battlefieldearth.php

Battlefield Earth in another entry in my film series "Slipped Under the Door", for films so bad, even the people requesting to see it don't want to actually be known. Often times even by me. This one is probably no surprise, whenever lists of bad movies are made, this one almost always makes that list. Some might come and go, like Ishtar, that was the "really horrible movie" for a while, and then just faded into obscurity. Even Howard the Duck is missing from a lot of lists that tend to remember more recent failures. And perhaps that will happen with Battlefield Earth... but it doesn't seem likely.

SFdebris mentioning Ishtar is suddenly really, really funny.."

Which means that Jay's Daily Vlogs will end when the box is revealed to contain a time machine big enough to send an Ishtar DVD to SFdebris in the past, exactly 3 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes, 3 seconds; And, it's Jay's attempt to kill the Ishtar trailer meme before he starts it.

But due to a predestination paradox, it only gets a small mention in SFdebris' Battlefield Earth review so that RLM can still go on to start the Ishtar trailer meme in the Star Wars Holiday Special review, thus necessitating the creation of the time machine.

Sounds weird but I love the Looper Dredd HITB and I've watched it a few times. It was nice that they enjoyed both movies and had a hard time debating which people should see. Talking about why they loved Dredd was fun to listen to.

I'd say my top 5 Half in the Bag are (in no particular order)

- Last Stand / Haunted House (more so for the second review)
- Jack & Jill
- Resident Evil series
- Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2
- X-Men Days of Future Past / A Million Ways To Die In The West (again more for the later)

Edit: Maybe drop Twilight for the Sinister / Paranormal Activity 4 Review again more for the later film.

Nekofrog

Banned
Resident Evil

This. I showed it to my wife as it somehow slipped by her radar, and she about died as Rich Evans went full Rich Evans with his laugh throughout the entire thing.

She'd probably leave me for Rich Evans if he was single and in the northern California area.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I find Half in the Bag to usually be entertaining depending on if you have interest in the film. Jack and Jill is the only one that stands out to me as something really special.

Just watched Pre Rec from January and had to gif this.

do8BQb0.gif

e: Bonus: http://i.imgur.com/X84VX4m.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So where did the joke about Nukie come from? I know it's references in the animal attack episode but where did the meme originate from?

I don't know if this is the first reference to it, but there was a best of the worst where they made a joke that involved all of the copies of Nukie on VHS they had on a shelf

then during previously recorded people kept asking them how many more copies they need, and they keep saying "just a couple more" alluding to some sort of plan for them, but they were jokingly saying that since they probably didnt actually want more.

Top Bottom