• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Myggen

That ending, haha. I would've loved to see the reaction to this review when the The Order review thread was still active.

So someone on the RLM subreddit noticed that Jessi hasn't been in the credits on recent Pre-Rec videos, and hasn't showed up in any RLM stuff since the Halloween BotW.

ohLHFAb.png

Hopefully she's still apart of the crew.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Rich and Jack play The Order 1886, a 9th grade creative writing assignment that some asshole turned into a video game.

Jack and Rich need to learn to open up and share their true feelings.

So someone on the RLM subreddit noticed that Jessi hasn't been in the credits on recent Pre-Rec videos, and hasn't showed up in any RLM stuff since the Halloween BotW.

ohLHFAb.png

I always assumed that she was a part of the crew because she was dating Mike. So if she hasn't shown up maybe they broke up or are going through a rough patch. I hope not as she was pretty great on best of the worst.

Grinchy

Banned
I'd be ok with her not being on anymore. She's probably tied with Jack for being the weakest on BoTW, though I prefer Jack.

ohLHFAb.png

I caught that too. It'd be a shame because I always liked the view she brought to the show. And, I suppose someone will ask them about it on the stream, but who knows if they'll answer it.

Really dumb question incoming, but is the episode about The Order 1886 spoiler free and if not, do they warn you with a time code to skip to?

Really dumb question incoming, but is the episode about The Order 1886 spoiler free and if not, do they warn you with a time code to skip to?

They spoil it entirely. No time codes. The entire thing is spoilers.

Go to a redbox and rent it and play through it in 6 hours, then return it and watch the video.

They spoil it entirely. No time codes. The entire thing is spoilers.

Go to a redbox and rent it and play through it in 6 hours, then return it and watch the video.

Thought so. Alright, then I'll have to wait with this episode, because I definitely want to play the game, but don't own a PS4 nor am I going to buy one anytime soon.

I hope it's better than their Alien episode, though.

Aiii

So not worth it
Thought so. Alright, then I'll have to wait with this episode, because I definitely want to play the game, but don't own a PS4 nor am I going to buy one anytime soon.

I hope it's better than their Alien episode, though.

Watch the video. Don't play the game.

Just watched the review. Yeah even if my friend offers I'm not gonna play his copy. I'd be willing to play the game if
the romantic interest plot at least had a satisfying conclusion but apparently she disappears
soooooooo nope. Man. I still firmly hold my stance that gaming side was shitting on the game a bit too much prior to release though.

Calcium

Banned
So someone on the RLM subreddit noticed that Jessi hasn't been in the credits on recent Pre-Rec videos, and hasn't showed up in any RLM stuff since the Halloween BotW. Hopefully she's still apart of the crew.

I've noticed Jessi not being around for a while. I hope she's just busy behind the scenes or something. I was just starting to warm up to her.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ishtar is probably too big for them to review, sadly. It's in cult-classic status already. lol

Also, someone made a thread for The Order review and it got locked.

Ishtar is probably too big for them to review, sadly. It's in cult-classic status already. lol

mods are probably tired of the Order-shitfest on gaming side and this would only add to it.

I also don't need more people watching it and then a few salty folks saying that we can't form our own opinions and that RLM just tells us what to hate, like with Boyhood.

Cheerilee

Apparently Modbot locked the RLM review thread and said "Take it to The Order's dedicated review thread."

Then Modbot remembered "Oh yeah, I already locked The Order's dedicated review thread." So he unlocked the RLM review thread.

Everybody makes mistakes, even robots.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I always assumed that she was a part of the crew because she was dating Mike. So if she hasn't shown up maybe they broke up or are going through a rough patch. I hope not as she was pretty great on best of the worst.

last i remember her being on the stream was for octodad and Qwop.

edit: going through the videos, she was there for Lollipop Chainsaw, which was published on Nov 4, but probably happened about a week or so earlier.

so that all links up with that time frame as well. who knows.

Shy

hi RLM/pre-rec fans.
a bunch of us on the twitch chat have decided to start our own ( BOTW style ) movie night, using the twich chat as our IM and watch full movies on the youtubes.
we've already and our first one last wednesday when there wasn't a stream. we watched, robo vampire, riki-oh and 2020 Texas Gladiators. it was a really good laugh.

if you're interested in coming along, it's going to be every tuesday at 20:30 CST, starting from this week.

a little tip if you have a single monitor.
what i did was pop out the chat and put it on the right where the recommended youtube vids go, that way you can chat and watch the film at the same time.
XSmuP8M.gif

inky

Apparently Modbot locked the RLM review thread and said "Take it to The Order's dedicated review thread."

Then Modbot remembered "Oh yeah, I already locked The Order's dedicated review thread." So he unlocked the RLM review thread.

Everybody makes mistakes, even robots.

I'm glad by these news. Seems like it's mostly civil on that thread as well.

More people paying attention to RLM is good for me, and PreRec is getting its dues as an entertaining stream/review feature as well.

Edit: That thread is great:

All these Order defenders who can't even watch a video, the one thing you'd think they would be able to handle.

Burn.

inm8num2

Someone made a Pre-Rec thread last year, and it got bumped for The Order 1886 review.

I've been wondering if there's enough content to have a gaming-side thread dedicated to Pre-Rec. I don't care either way, and I like having all the RLM stuff in one place here. However, a thread in the gaming community subforum could attract more viewers.

last i remember her being on the stream was for octodad and Qwop.

edit: going through the videos, she was there for Lollipop Chainsaw, which was published on Nov 4, but probably happened about a week or so earlier.

so that all links up with that time frame as well. who knows.

Oh man is this going to be our Game Grumps conspiracy?

'Did Mike and Jessi break up?' conspiracy!

davepoobond

Oh man is this going to be our Game Grumps conspiracy?

'Did Mike and Jessi break up?' conspiracy!

I imagine she has her own job doing something. Maybe someone should ask on the next stream if they can get an answer.

Also we should ask if they prefer gunshot fade to black or fade to black gun shot

Shy

I imagine she has her own job doing something. Maybe someone should ask on the next stream if they can get an answer.
i don't know about another job, cause RLM is her main job.

please don't ask them in stream, because people were spamming that in the last stream, and they weren't answering, and it was getting annoying and i had to step in and tell them to stop. cause i'm mod there, and i don't don't want to time-out any of you lovely gaffers.

please don't ask them in stream, because people were spamming that in the last stream, and they weren't answering, and it was getting annoying and i had to step in and tell them to stop. cause i'm mod there, and i don't don't want to time-out any of you lovely gaffers.

I'm going to say a silence like that isn't good if you're a Jessi fan. If they simply hadn't used her in the past few episodes for w/e reason they'd probably give a "nooooooooo it just worked out that way" response. The fact they avoided commenting on it when they've apparently been pretty open in past streams probably means they can't talk about it.

davepoobond

I don't really pay attention to chat that much, honestly. I mostly only catch Sunday stream live and the rest on YouTube.

I'm assuming you're Mr shy smile then. Grats on modding :p

I'm going to say a silence like that isn't good if you're a Jessi fan. If they simply hadn't used her in the past few episodes for w/e reason they'd probably give a "nooooooooo it just worked out that way" response. The fact they avoided commenting on it when they've apparently been pretty open in past streams probably means they can't talk about it.

Yeah seems like a "read between the lines" situation if they aren't answering the question

Also, who wants to bet that order video gets to be longer than this thread if it isn't locked any time soon?

Calcium

Banned

Well, that sucks. It does seem like if it weren't true they would shoot it down immediately.

jackal27

Banned
Review was really, really great. I'm never playing this game, hahaha.

Also, my wife and I have also noticed Jessi's absence. She's my wife's favorite personality too so it makes me sad. She's always been so adorable and really funny. Chemistry between her and Mike was fantastic. Here's hoping they get another girl or two soon. I think it balances things out nicely.

With Jay's beard that shouldn't be a problem. ;)

As an RLM mod, you can be honest: do I need to update the OP to include more info on BotW and Pre Rec?

Top Bottom