• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

So I found Blood Debts on youtube. I was about to post the link, but then, according to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756288/ it seems like this company may own the rights to it: http://www.cineexcel.com
Richard Harrison is still alive btw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Harrison_(actor)

While researching Cynthia Rothrock I also found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq-o74lPkmA

Ohh my gaaa™
I wish I had someone to watch that shit with me :(

/oh shit, so that trailer if from a different movie, lol
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097539/

//The full series, DVDs widely available. Nice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Line_of_Duty_(film_series)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Cynthia Rothrock still looks amazing. And she's working on a movie now with Don Wilson, Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa, and Mark Dacascos, among others.

It would have been amazing if they'd done this BOTW six months ago and had been able to get her for Space Cop, even as a cameo.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Unlike the RLM crew, I have heard of Cynthia Rothrock before but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Was it from her smash hit, Mercenaries? Brought to you, of course, by The Asylum and not at all related to or ripping off the Expendables?

Mercenaries_%282014_film%29.jpg

edit: According to Wikipedia, you may also know her as the inspiration for Sonya Blade, or as a guest voice on Eek! the Cat. It was probably Eek! the Cat. Eek! the Cat was great.

NeoGiff

Cynthia Rothrock still looks amazing. And she's working on a movie now with Don Wilson, Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa, and Mark Dacascos, among others.

It would have been amazing if they'd done this BOTW six months ago and had been able to get her for Space Cop, even as a cameo.

Giraffes' Night Out in Manhattan confirmed.

jett

D-Member
I'm not sure if I should be surprised that they don't know of Cynthia Rothrock or if I should be surprised that I knew of her. :lol I think someone here linked to that final fight scene on youtube once. I distinctly remember the eye-hook thing.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm not sure if I should be surprised that they don't know of Cynthia Rothrock or if I should be surprised that I knew of her. :lol I think someone here linked to that final fight scene on youtube once. I distinctly remember the eye-hook thing.

i remember the end fighting scene very well -- watched it a few times. It was called "the greatest fight scene ever" or something.

thats the only exposure to that movie i had. if you asked me who the movie was actually about i would have said the cop dude and not Rothrock.

I actually know Cynthia Rothrock from her Hong Kong action movie work, namely Shanghai Express and Yes Madam, and wasn't really really aware of the budget stuff she did in the US. /hipster brag

rekameohs

Banned
i remember the end fighting scene very well -- watched it a few times. It was called "the greatest fight scene ever" or something.

thats the only exposure to that movie i had. if you asked me who the movie was actually about i would have said the cop dude and not Rothrock.

Best fight scene of all time

Yeah, I had definitely seen this clip before.

Oh dear, Vivica, what happened to your career?

How about her best role? Cool Cat Saves the Kids

At first I thought they somehow wanted to make fun of Mike, but as the credits rolled I saw that he edited the episode. :lol
Any time you see something repeated over and over for comedic effect, it is DEFINITELY a Mike edited episode. Like that BotW episode where someone said, "I'd just like to see that stunt repeated twenty times" and then it repeated twenty times with a note at the end, I knew Mike had edited that episode.

FLD

Any time you see something repeated over and over for comedic effect, it is DEFINITELY a Mike edited episode. Like that BotW episode where someone said, "I'd just like to see that stunt repeated twenty times" and then it repeated twenty times with a note at the end, I knew Mike had edited that episode.

Also that episode with a bunch of nonsensical "BotW Fun Facts" in it. After the second one I just kinda knew it had to have been Mike.

i stepped away for 5-10 mins what happened in the chat. ?

Ha, I forgot the word is banned. Jack asked if there was a site like box office mojo but for video games and people in the chat said vgchartzzz, but a few minutes later they were told they make up their numbers and are not to be trusted. So, no harm no foul, but it is still strange people trust that site like they do.

Shy

Ha, I forgot the word is banned. Jack asked if there was a site like box office mojo but for video games and people in the chat said vgchartzzz, but a few minutes later they were told they make up their numbers and are not to be trusted. So, no harm no foul, but it is still strange people trust that site like they do.
ahhhh, cool.

davepoobond

Yeah, I think he read what I said, I told them it was just estimates in the chat.

I am probably one of the few people who remember the controversy and the actual guy who runs ******** posting on neogaf before he got banned. It might have still been just plain old GAF back then.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Half way through their watching Blood Debts, I recognized the music from the "Proper way to end your film" video on YouTube. Knew gold was about to happen.

I don't think Mike's laughed that hard since Resident Evil.

YES! I totally got it too. I was anticipating the huge payoff so much, and damn did it deliver. Bwahahahahah

Episode 46 of Half in the Bag, Warm Bodies and Movie 43, where we last see Jay's girlfriend, I think?

For never was a story more of woe,
Than this of Jay, and his ghost hoe.

does the Chappie HITB episode contain any movie-ruining spoilers? still wanna watch the movie but I'm stuck at home and also wanna watch HITB like the lazy fuck I am.
yes I believe the picture size is appropriate

vby5sb0mnlu7.jpg

Sanjuro

does the Chappie HITB episode contain any movie-ruining spoilers? still wanna watch the movie but I'm stuck at home and also wanna watch HITB like the lazy fuck I am.

vby5sb0mnlu7.jpg

Eh. There are spoilers, but I saw it prior to the film and it didn't hinder any sort of experience. Chappie is pretty straightforward. There isn't really any gotcha moments to be had.

jett

D-Member

vby5sb0mnlu7.jpg

Eh. There are spoilers, but I saw it prior to the film and it didn't hinder any sort of experience. Chappie is pretty straightforward. There isn't really any gotcha moments to be had.

They describe the entire effing movie with complete disregard to anyone that would be spoiler-sensitive, as they do with movies they don't care for. I would not watch this review if you're interested in Chappie.

Sanjuro

They describe the entire effing movie with complete disregard to anyone that would be spoiler-sensitive, as they do with movies they don't care for. I would not watch this review if you're interested in Chappie.

That's why I said there are spoilers!

The review didn't ruin my Chappie experience in comparison to some of their other reviews.

davepoobond

They are? That sounds kind of.. Dumb. But I guess they can do what they want. Interested in hearing how they've liked it.

You don't think they know how the game is going to end up being like or if it is worth playing after x amount of hours? Most people don't even finish games to begin with let alone reviewers who try to get a review out in a timely manner.

"Beat it" as in finish the game? I would bet most if not all reviewers did. Not sure what you're basing that on.

You're joking if you think "most if not all" reviewers do. Do you think they always do?

aravuus

You don't think they know how the game is going to end up being like or if it is worth playing after x amount of hours? Most people don't even finish games to begin with let alone reviewers who try to get a review out in a timely manner.

Well.. No? I mean yeah if it's worth playing, sure, but if I took my time to read/watch a review of a game, I'd want more than "it is/it's not worth it". I want to know if it's worth it the whole way through. The game's quality could plummet in the latter half for all we know. If the first half of the game is 10/10 and the second is 6/10, the game shouldn't get the 10/10 review it would because the reviewer couldn't/didn't finish the game.

I understand some reviewers don't finish the game just because they're super time constrained, and that's fine. But if we're talking about a review that's coming after the game has already released, I think the reviewer should finish the game before reviewing it if they want the review to have any weight - they're clearly not in a hurry to push the review out.

That said, I doubt Rich and the bald guy (forgot his name lol) care and really, neither do I. I'm gonna watch the review purely for my own entertainment, so I'm not gonna argue about this further.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Reviewers frequently don't finish games they review. My only problem is that they're never open about how little they finished.

Previously Recorded obviously has reviewed games they haven't finished, they reviewed a game that itself wasn't finished. Necrodancer is still early access and they had that review up months ago.

Top Bottom