• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Register a 2DS/3DS XL and 1 of 6 Games in March on CN and Get Pokémon X/Y Free

kneePat

I already have X/Y but I don't think I registered my Zelda 3DS XL yet.

Might end up giving away the code to someone on GAF who deserves it.

It is pretty awesome that it is an actual 'code' as opposed to something linked to your account.

Almost seems like an unreal deal for NoA and its standards.

Wow, that's a great deal. I've been waiting for the right time to pick up a 3DS XL. The month of March may finally be that time.

rekameohs

Banned
Cool, I've been sitting on my xl code for ages, as well as any one of those games. The question is whether or not I need Pokemon Y or I can probably just sell off the digital code >:)
Yo, I'd probably buy the digital code off of you if you wanted. Stupid me already registered my 3DS and I'm up for getting some Pokeyman, not at Nintendo's ridiculous $40 price tag.

E92 M3

If you didn't register it yet, just buy Super Mario 3D Land and get a Pokemon game for free. Still a killer deal.

Or buy DKCR for like <30$.

I still have to wait till March 1st though right? is there a deadline to register after you start playing? I don't remember.

Toad.T

Banned
Finally time to upgrade to a Black 3DSXL (Been using Aqua Blue since near launch). Torn if I want AC:NL or YNI though. (Will get X from the deal, for sure.)

Kriken

...Of course I register my products as soon as I get them
I already have Pokemon X and Y, but a digital copy would be convenient, C'est la vie

DA FUCK

I'm on this shit! "Yesssss now I've got a copy of Pokémon X
that I'll never ever touch because I'm too invested in Y"

thanks for buying one of our wonderful tobacco pipes. Here's some crack to get things started for you.

...Of course I register my products as soon as I get them

my brother always insists that I do this and I always turn around and
smoak bowl

guess it worked out for me this time

noobasuar

Banned
If someone doesn't need a code I'd love one! Haven't played a Pokemon since Red.

Unfortunately I always register my stuff the second I get it and miss out on these cool deals. :(

tensuke

Well shit. That's a really good deal, I may end up using March to pick up a 2DS and get on this. But ugh I've been saving some money for a few games coming out then because there are so many, and I don't have anything budgeted for this. But...the deal...

RoadDogg

How do I add duplicate games to my CN account? My brother just got an XL and Mario so I can get his codes, but I already did Mario on my account. Hate to waste the coins on a new stand alone account.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm definitely buying New Yoshi's Island, and I'd been considering a 2DS now that I have unlimited transfers... I already have Pokemans Y but I'd like to have it digital so... maybe?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Looks like my 3DS hasn't been registered yet... so that's good. Can anyone explain the coin thing to me real quickly though? Looks like I registered my Wii U and DSi last year, and it shows some digital games purchases as well. I have zero coins? Did they expire? Do you only get coins from games?

rekameohs

Banned
Looks like my 3DS hasn't been registered yet... so that's good. Can anyone explain the coin thing to me real quickly though? Looks like I registered my Wii U and DSi last year, and it shows some digital games purchases as well. I have zero coins? Did they expire? Do you only get coins from games?
The Wii U and DSi should be registered and should've given you coins if you put in the serial number into the CN website. Digital games only give coins if you fill out the survey before they expire (about 3-4 months) after purchase. Retail games have cards that you fill in to redeem the coins whenever you want, again with a survey.

L.O.R.D

wait a minute
i already registered some of those games last year
and i don't have the another games

still bad news for me

thanks Regi

kneePat

I still have to wait till March 1st though right? is there a deadline to register after you start playing? I don't remember.

Yes you should wait as there is no deadline. Just hold onto that Club Nintendo Pin Code pamphlet you should have received after opening your 3DSXL amongst the other documents, and register it after March 1st.

oatmeal

Banned
Meanwhile on the Wii U...

tumble.jpg

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The Wii U and DSi should be registered and should've given you coins if you put in the serial number into the CN website. Digital games only give coins if you fill out the survey before they expire (about 3-4 months) after purchase. Retail games have cards that you fill in to redeem the coins whenever you want, again with a survey.

Ok I think I figured it out. I think it wants me to load up my club nintendo account on my actual console before it coughs up points. Also surveys for my systems, not just the games. There's a to-do list. It's all kind of confusing and annoying.

Elija2

They're pretty much giving Pokemon away since most people buy games like SM3DL and MK7 when they buy a 3DS anyway. Why wouldn't they make the games you need to register games that don't already sell a bunch like Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem?

And why doesn't the OG 3DS get any good deals like this anymore? Does Nintendo not want people to buy them? Maybe the markup on the OG 3DS is smaller than the other models.

kneePat

They're pretty much giving Pokemon away since most people buy games like SM3DL and MK7 when they buy a 3DS anyway. Why wouldn't they make the games you need to register games that don't already sell a bunch like Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem?

They're obviously trying to move 3DS units, and making people buy Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem, as you yourself described, is a much harder sell... than telling people if they buy Mario Kart or Mario Platformer(3DL) they get a legit Pokemon game for FREE with their 3DS purchase! I think its a great marketing move.

Imagine if it was 3DS + Pokemon X/Y = free MK7 or SM3DL (or other--including KI or FE). Those franchises would unfortunately be the afterthought... but since it isn't... potential buyers are now choosing a specific franchise, helping recognition, to GET a renowned Pokemon game. (I think maybe some people are forgetting how big Pokemon as a franchise truly is)

I also think that the way this is setup, Pokemon, Nintendo's guaranteed draw, won't be available right away... leaving customers only to play the games they purchased, at least initially... until the deal is honored. Ultimately, I believe this will definitely help exposure for their other 'more' popular IPs (Mario/DK/Animal Crossing)

Well I already have both Pokemon X & Y so this deal is useless for me. :(

I kinda liked the one they did last year, gave a bigger variety of games.

Dryk

I agree, I'd prefer something else over Pokemon. Doubt they release a similar promotion anytime soon after this. However, I'll take something for free over nothing.
They had a similar promotion when Pokemon came out to get Super Mario 3D Land

Stuff like this just annoys me. I usually register my games soon after buying them, but Nintendo gives rewards to people who register or purchase games very late? Same thing happened when I registered my XL like a month before they gave away games for registering your XL.

Damnit. I registered my XL and all my games. I hit Platinum already. (I've had my 3DS for a month or so)

Where is my Pokemon?!

Let me know when I can start begging.

BoK1YJ0.png

Hopefully Nintendo can/will honor 2014 registrations?

Top Bottom