• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Register a 2DS/3DS XL and 1 of 6 Games in March on CN and Get Pokémon X/Y Free

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Hmm. Haven't registered my Zelda XL yet, so I may do this. Already have Pokemon Y, though, and pretty sure registering my XL + a game will push me over 600 coins for this CN year. Still trying to decide if getting X is worth that.

Talyn

Finally bought a 3DS XL during Black Friday and registered it then so I get nothing. Thanks, Nintendo... #feelsbadman

Crazyorloco

Nice time for me to pick up a 3ds xl (going to find the link between worlds bundle)

Now which game to purchase from that group...

Cth

Woo hoo!

Been sitting on my daughters 2DS code and have the others.

Already have Pokemon X/Y though.. Time to head to the buy/sell/trade thread!

wiibomb

dang!!! I had my 3DS second hand and cannot get it unless I find a code...

if someone wants to sell it to me for a nice price I would appreciate it...

Smidget

Anyone know if you can register 2 3DS XLs to one Club Nintendo account? Or do they want individual consoles on individual accounts?

wiibomb

Anyone know if you can register 2 3DS XLs to one Club Nintendo account? Or do they want individual consoles on individual accounts?

I think you should only register 1, you can register 2, but they only count your first, it might work with a family account

emb

That's pretty cool. Would be the last straw to make me buy a 2DS if it was a physical copy, though it makes sense why it isn't. 3DS and XL will just have to do for now. <.<

Riposte

I got someone a 2DS as a gift with some of the available games.

I'm wondering if they can use my Club Nintendo account to get Pokemon on their 2DS without any problems. Is it tied to a Nintendo Network ID thing?

I'm so glad I didn't register my XL yet. But not sure if I want to use it for this. Part of me wants to buy Pokemon X (I have Y already) on physical copy because I have a lot of Pokemon games already and might as well collect them all.

wiibomb

I got someone a 2DS as a gift with some of the available games.

I'm wondering if they can use my Club Nintendo account to get Pokemon on their 2DS without any problems. Is it tied to a Nintendo Network ID thing?

I think they give you the code so you can redeem it on any 3DS

Woo, bought my fiancee a copy of Animal Crossing, and I bought a few Zelda 3DS XL's on Black Friday. I guess I should bust one open and get a free code.

Then sell it, I guess, since we already bought both pokemons. :(

L.O.R.D

i wonder if nintendo will make the opposite of this promotion
i still have Pokemon X and Y codes
and still have Zelda 3DS XL code

they should do it anyway

They need to do another one of those buy a game and get a free code for your friend... I'm always missing out on these register a system awesomeness.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ah, the perils of buying a used system. I've got one of the games to register but no 3DS code. And here I am at my most vulnerable and likely time to get a Pokémon game.

Megatron

I don't register my Nintendo stuff any more because I wait for deals like this. I believe I still haven't registered my 3DS because last year's deals didn't really appeal to me. I suppose I'll do it this time because I'm not going to bet on them doing this again next year.

I also have yet to register my WiiU.

olimpia84

I wish they offered something else. I already own X and have beaten the game so I think I'll hold my code for next year and see if there's another promo

Crazyorloco

I got a 3ds xl today. Got mario kart 7 (3d
Land was sold out) and a link between worlds. I'm liking the system and games so far.

My thoughts:

I want to use the d pad to move in a link between worlds.

I can't wait to download pokemon in March.

I'm liking the feel of the system. Nice big screens. Audio seems low though.

It does feel weird playing my cell phone less for games...

I want to download fire emblem awakening...

Spinluck

only 3ds games i have are pokemon x and fire emblem.

the next game i wanted was zelda, and of course it's not 1 of the 6. oh well, lol.

I am so glad I haven't registered my XL (which I bought in October) yet.

Wish Zelda were part of the promotion, but now seems a good time to get on the Animal Crossing train, finally.

WolvenOne

Woot, haven't registered the XL I bought in December. Also I have a copy of 3D Land sitting around unregistered as well.

It's all falling into place, mwahahaha!

bumpkin

Damn. I registered my Zelda XL to get coins for the 3DS game card case a month or so ago. Figures.

...but my wife's blue XL isn't registered yet. *evil grin*

ngower

Bought a 3DS XL at the end of January. Kind of annoyed that I don't fall within this bracket. I think it'd be awesome if they did it for systems registered in the new year. Oh well.

[EDIT] On that note, I already have an XL linked to my Club Nintendo account, which I'll call "system one." If I were to get a CN code from someone else, for a 3DS we'll call "system two," would linking that system remove "system one" from my account? In other words, I only have "system one," but would use the "system two" code for the promotion, but in doing so, would that unlink "system one" from getting CN coins in the future?

Also, would the download code they offer only be compatible with "system two," or is it redeemable on any system?

Sorry if that's confusing...

Top Bottom