• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Register a 2DS/3DS XL and 1 of 6 Games in March on CN and Get Pokémon X/Y Free

bumpkin

Kinda tempted to get in on this, but wish it were for a physical copy. Anybody with a physical copy looking to switch to digital? I'd prefer it be complete and in good shape. If it has a fresh, unredeemed CN code, that'd be ideal.

I'm waiting to hear back from customer service about if the promo is valid when you have a family account (registering a second XL). If it turns out I can get the deal, anybody interested in potentially trading their physical copy for the digital download code? :)

Just putting it out there...

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
wait so Canada is included, or no?

edit: wait, I see it now "Available in US and Canada only. "

Mortemis

Banned
Thankfully I didn't register my 3DS XL. I got Y but I might as well get X too, I don't have any of those games though. I wanted to buy SM3DL anyways so it all works out fine.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Lol the fact that Yoshi's Island is part of this deal feels like a not-so-subtle push to get people to find some reason to buy it...

and it's working because fuck it, I may as well

OP and thread title should be updated to include the regular 3DS

I take it that since the system has to actually be linked to the club nintendo account that I can't simply register someone else's 3ds to get this deal??

Bear

I take it that since the system has to actually be linked to the club nintendo account that I can't simply register someone else's 3ds to get this deal??

The instructions in the Club Nintendo page include linking, but I don't think you have to do it. It only mentions linking once before those instructions, specifying:

Link your system if you choose to purchase a qualifying game from Nintendo eShop.

I'm pretty sure they were just covering all the bases, since you would need to link before buying a digital game for it to register. It sounds like all you need is a 3DS system and game registered (which may require linking), not that they specifically check whether they are linked.

The instructions in the Club Nintendo page include linking, but I don't think you have to do it. It only mentions linking once before those instructions, specifying:

I'm pretty sure they were just covering all the bases, since you would need to link before buying a digital game for it to register. It sounds like all you need is a 3DS system and game registered (which may require linking), not that they specifically check whether they are linked.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

I'm torn between a 2DS, 3DS, or 3DSXL...I kinda want a bigger screen, but I really don't care for 3D. I like the regular 3DS, but once again, not sure it's worth it since I won't use the 3D. Damn, decisions. :/

So I just looked in my 3DS packaging today, and of course, the code is gone.

Am I screwed? Or do they let you register through your serial #?

Never done Club Nintendo before, btw

For actual hardware it's the serial number.

Wait a sec... One of my friends was possibly going to let me register his 3DS XL. He says he has a Club Nintendo slip. I already have a XL "registered" but never got coins (got it from Cowboom, so no slip). Will this interfere with me using a 3DS XL? Should I try to get a 2DS code? Finally, will just the Club Nintendo code suffice, or do I still need the serial number?

Mortemis

Banned
What's everyone getting, X, or Y? is there really that big a difference, especially for a newcomer?
I'm getting X since I already have Y. But for a newcomer, it doesn't really matter which you get, you just get a different legendary pokemon and different mega evolutions for some pokemon like Charizard.

I would show you pics but I'm on my phone. Just look up the covers of the game and mega charizard x or y and mega mewtwo X or y, which ever you like better choose that one! It really doesn't matter which you choose.

bumpkin

I heard back from Nintendo customer service today about my scenario (have an XL reg'ed, asked if reg'ing my wife's too under our family acct would work). Sounds like I'm good to go!

Hello,

I'm glad you contacted us with your question. The answer is yes; your wife can definitely enter the promotion if she registers a Nintendo 3DS family system and one of the eligible games between March 1, 2014 and March 31, 2014. Some important things you will want to keep in mind:

- If the qualifying game title is purchased through the Nintendo eShop, you must first link the Nintendo eShop to your Club Nintendo account (since game downloads don't come with a PIN, this is the only way that your game will be registered to your account). Information on how to do this can be found by going to the following page on our site:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2337/p/52

- You can purchase a qualifying system or game title before the official start date of the promotion, as long as it's not registered before March 1st, 2014. Any item registered prior to March 1st will not be eligible for the free game offer.

For more details on this offer, including qualifying game titles, please visit our website at the following address:

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-pokemon-promo

Sincerely,

Ben Weekly
Nintendo of America, Inc.

Last time was a better deal because there were more free games to choose from, though the ones you could buy were fewer. Now it's just Pokemon? Meh...not sweating that I didn't have a qualifying purchase.

So I just looked in my 3DS packaging today, and of course, the code is gone.

Am I screwed? Or do they let you register through your serial #?

Never done Club Nintendo before, btw

IIRC, you can register with just the serial number but you won't get coins without the slip's code. So you may need both numbers to get anywhere with the promotion. Try calling Nintendo?

Last time was a better deal because there were more free games to choose from, though the ones you could buy were fewer. Now it's just Pokemon? Meh...not sweating that I didn't have a qualifying purchase.

IIRC, you can register with just the serial number but you won't get coins without the slip's code. So you may need both numbers to get anywhere with the promotion. Try calling Nintendo?
i actually called Nintendo yesterday and they said just that. The registration will run through fine, I just won't get the coins.

ghibli99

Nice promotion! All my stuff that would count towards this is registered already, so no free Pokemans for me. Was still planning on buying X though.

I bought a second hand Mario 3D Land, can I still register it? I dont have the box, just the cart, is that enough? where is the code?

Crazyorloco

DAMN IT, thanks guys, I guess its time to buy Donkey Kong Country Returns

I have a code I can give you. I bought donkey Kong returns and Mario kart 7 the other day. If you don't buy donkey Kong returns, and this actually works and I download pokemon tomorrow I'll give you the code. :)

I have a code I can give you. I bought donkey Kong returns and Mario kart 7 the other day. If you don't buy donkey Kong returns, and this actually works and I download pokemon tomorrow I'll give you the code. :)

Thats awesome, I would really appreciate that, I will be hanging by my PM box :D

JimPanzer

I haven't registered my imported 3DS XL yet, but don't own a copy of one of the games. don't want to import one of those into europe just for the code :( made a post already in the buy/sell/trade thread: 10$ via paypal if someone's willing to send me their unused pin

Past

If I sell my physical copy of Pokemon X and get this free digital version, will I be able to keep my save?

If I sell my physical copy of Pokemon X and get this free digital version, will I be able to keep my save?

I would love to know this as well. I assume it would work, but this is Nintendo after all. They've not always been the most flexible on these types of things.

rekameohs

Banned
Oh yeah, and I'd also like to mention that I'd be willing to buy the Pokemon code off of someone if they're not in need of it and selling.

PrinceKee

I just registered a new 3DS XL and a new copy of Donkey Kong Returns I received today for my birthday from my fiancée not knowing this promotion didn't start until tomorrow :-(. Even though I wasn't too interested in Pokemon my son was. Just my luck lol...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I just registered a new 3DS XL and a new copy of Donkey Kong Returns I received today for my birthday from my fiancée not knowing this promotion didn't start until tomorrow :-(. Even though I wasn't too interested in Pokemon my son was. Just my luck lol...

Call or write to Nintendo. Considering it's just 1 day, I think they'll allow you to get Pokemon...!

B.K.

Do registration codes ever expire? Could I register the XL I got when it came out and the copy of 3D Land I've had since it launched and get in on the deal?

Top Bottom