• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Register a 2DS/3DS XL and 1 of 6 Games in March on CN and Get Pokémon X/Y Free

These promotions really piss me off :mad:

It's a big 'fuck you' to people who buy stuff when it comes out.

I registered a 3DS, 2 XL's and almost all of those games previously and didn't get shit but a Luigi poster and some garbage.

Just like every sale and price cut ever?

jokkir

These promotions really piss me off :mad:

It's a big 'fuck you' to people who buy stuff when it comes out.

I registered a 3DS, 2 XL's and almost all of those games previously and didn't get shit but a Luigi poster and some garbage.

lol I bought the games day 1 and I still got it. I just don't register stuff away due to my laziness or I just can't be bothered. Glad I did though this time around.

Althane

Registered my 3DS, and my Animal Crossing and Super Mario 3D Land game.

cpUKeDN.png

Can't see the
Click ""Select Your Free Game"" in your To-Do list
part in my To-Do list.

Any ideas?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So, I made my Club Nintendo account just recently and had bought some of the qualified games for this promotion earlier. From what I've read they won't show up on my club Nintendo account but I can call them and have them register them for me? Then I assume I will be able to get one of these games for free?

Registered my 3DS, and my Animal Crossing and Super Mario 3D Land game.

cpUKeDN.png

Can't see the

part in my To-Do list.

Any ideas?
me said:
So I had previously posted in here that the Serial # would work just fine for registering the 3DS rather than the PIN number. WRONG.

I just tried to do that myself and nothing popped up for me on the site, no download code no nothing. This is after a rep had told me a few days ago that the Serial # would work...I called today and the rep said that I needed the PIN number for it to work. He also said it could take up for a week for them to find out if they can still let me get the deal or not (seriously?). You'd think there would be an easy way for them to get it to work...

This is a huge bummer, damn.

So I bought a downloaded version of MK7 a few months back... I'm shit outta luck, aren't I?

:( Just registered my 3DS so I'm halfway there.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So I bought a downloaded version of MK7 a few months back... I'm shit outta luck, aren't I?

:( Just registered my 3DS so I'm halfway there.

Don't think you are. I just posted about this too. I think you can just call Nintendo (eshop support) and they can help us out? lol

Etzer

I have an XL code I haven't used, but does it matter if I already have another XL registered on my CN account?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Ah. That answers my problem then. I guess I don't have my original documentation, since I just cracked open my 3DS XL box and nothing but cardboard was in there.

That's kind of obnoxious, especially given that the offer doesn't initially state PIN.

Welp, guess I am out of luck. I used the serial number and don't have the PIN.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, guess I am out of luck. I used the serial number and don't have the PIN.

Same here... I sent an e-mail to Club Nintendo's support to explain the situation, but I don't expect anything... :/

Don't think you are. I just posted about this too. I think you can just call Nintendo (eshop support) and they can help us out? lol

Thanks for this -- went ahead and called, they fixed the DL code for me.

Laziness wins, flawless victory!

Ah. That answers my problem then. I guess I don't have my original documentation, since I just cracked open my 3DS XL box and nothing but cardboard was in there.

That's kind of obnoxious, especially given that the offer doesn't initially state PIN.
I would call Nintendo. They haven't gotten back to me yet but I'm pretty sure they'll still count my system's Serial registration.

Xiul

Does anyone have an extra 2ds/XL code?. I stupidly registered mine last month and I have some extra codes of the games in the promotion if someone wants to trade. PM if interested please.

Mashing

So I thought I had registered my 3DS I bought last year, but turns out I hadn't. Free game get! Although I still need to purchase one of the eligible titles.

So happy I didn't register anything when I bought my girlfriend a 3DS XL and Animal Crossing last year! Downloading the game now!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Ha, thanks! Didn't even knew you could register your games or console ;). Seems like Nintendo is having issues reaching it's users on how these things work. If I never saw this thread I would still have no idea about this promotion or the registration!

AzVal

Question if a 3ds is unregistered and Mario Kart was digitally downloaded a while ago on it, any chance will be appliable when registered?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Ha, thanks! Didn't even knew you could register your games or console ;). Seems like Nintendo is having issues reaching it's users on how these things work. If I never saw this thread I would still have no idea about this promotion or the registration!

Games and hardware come with club Nintendo pamphlets that tell you that you can register them for points. I've been registering things since the gba/ gamecube era, before club Nintendo was even a thing.

rekameohs

Banned
Does anyone have an extra 2ds/XL code?. I stupidly registered mine last month and I have some extra codes of the games in the promotion if someone wants to trade. PM if interested please.
Keep in mind that an original 3DS code will also work.

I also have some CN coins if someone wants to trade the Pokemon code for a future CN reward!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Games and hardware come with club Nintendo pamphlets that tell you that you can register them for points. I've been registering things since the gba/ gamecube era, before club Nintendo was even a thing.

Who reads those things ;), fact its a bit more convoluted than the competition. But glad I have you guys :)!

modsbox

Anyone happen to have a spare 3D Land or Mario Kart 7 code? I own both games (retail) but can't find the inserts or manuals -- apparently my kids took them out of the box. I even double dipped on 3D Land as a download as well, but I guess because I bought it before March 1st it doesn't count? Soooo close!

BTW regardless of what happens, Nintendo is cool for doing this. I just spent the last hour going through all my games and systems and registering them and it was kinda fun. What does Platinum Club status get me?

Edit: N/M on needing a code. I bought DKR 3D (wanted it anyway), got a code for my 'free' Pokemon Y.

modsbox

Question if a 3ds is unregistered and Mario Kart was digitally downloaded a while ago on it, any chance will be appliable when registered?

I don't think so. I registered my 3DS XL that I hadn't registered yet and have a linked eShop account with Super Mario 3D Land downloaded and no dice. When I registered the 3DS XL on club.nintendo.com it gives me the 'you're so close! just register one of this 6 games to get Pokemon X/Y for free!' Brutal!

jokkir

Let\s say you have a 3DS XL and register another 3DS XL for this promo... would that still work? Or do you have to register a OG 3DS or 2DS?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Ebay is crazy with them codes. Most of the listings I've found don't have any for the eligible games. Some people are selling them for 15-20$! I may as well just buy the game for that price lol

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Who reads those things ;), fact its a bit more convoluted than the competition. But glad I have you guys :)!

I'm curious, how is it more convoluted? What are you using for a frame of reference? When you say Nintendo does not explain these things, but then play the ignorance card and says "who reads those things" means the only one to blame is yourself. Seriously.

Decided to download Y, even though I haven't finished my X.

Sora_N

For family accounts, are the points totaled up together?

I got my GF an XL + AC last year and she never registered it and I don't think she'll ever get anymore games anyways, so I might take the codes.

SoupyFlow

Banned
I already own the physical copy of Pokemon X. But I just got two free digital copies of Pokemon X for me and my Wife's 3DS XLs by doing the whole register with Club Nintendo thing.

We both registered our two 3DS XLs and our two physical copies of Animal Crossing.

Just a tip if you are not getting the "pick a free game message":

Make sure you register your Club Nintendo cards found inside of your 3DS XL box and the 3DS XL serial numbers. We only registered our 3DS XLs serial numbers at first and didn't get the free game message until we also registered the Club Nintendo cards that came with our systems.

jamsy

Does this type of promo happen regularly? New 3DS XL owner here and I haven't registered my system yet (or 3 games I bought). I would buy one of the 7 games they have and get Pokemon X/Y for free, but already bought the damn game.

Should I just hold on to it till the next promo?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I already own the physical copy of Pokemon X. But I just got two free digital copies of Pokemon X for me and my Wife's 3DS XLs by doing the whole register with Club Nintendo thing.

We both registered our two 3DS XLs and our two physical copies of Animal Crossing.

Just a tip if you are not getting the "pick a free game message":

Make sure you register your Club Nintendo cards found inside of your 3DS XL box and the 3DS XL serial numbers. We only registered our 3DS XLs serial numbers at first and didn't get the free game message until we also registered the Club Nintendo cards that came with our systems.
Haven't been following the thread all too much, but did you use two Club Nintendo accounts?

Top Bottom