• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Register a 2DS/3DS XL and 1 of 6 Games in March on CN and Get Pokémon X/Y Free

jokkir

How large are the Pokemon games? I might be able to get Pokemon X tomorrow but wouldn't have enough space left in the SD card

Man, I really hate to ask for this, but poor people can't have pride and I love Pokemon. If any one is in a giving mood, I'd really, really, really appreciate it if anyone could spare a code. I live in Cuba and getting games here is really hard. I have no other way to get Pokemon, otherwise I wouldn't do this. So sorry for asking like this!

NateDrake

Man, I really hate to ask for this, but poor people can't have pride and I love Pokemon. If any one is in a giving mood, I'd really, really, really appreciate it if anyone could spare a code. I live in Cuba and getting games here is really hard. I have no other way to get Pokemon, otherwise I wouldn't do this. So sorry for asking like this!

Does it matter which version? I may be able to help you out. PM me.

Spike

Don't feel bad. I'm in the same boat and asked earlier in the thread. :(

NeoGAF houses some of the best people, so I'm sure someone will help.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I don't even know enough about Pokemon to understand why they come in pairs. Black/White? X/Y? What's going on here? Two different games? Two halves of a story, start on one, finish on the other?

Does it matter which version? I may be able to help you out. PM me.

Honestly I don't have any interest in trying a Pokemon game. In other words I can probably help Cuba guy out as well. So if you're on one, I can be on the other. Disclaimer, pretty sure my console is unregistered and I definitely have an eligible game to register along with it, but you never know with this stuff.. Anyway, just let me know which version I should redeem.

Xander51

Just registered my 3DS and it popped up a window about the promotion. It also asked me if I knew about the promo before purchasing. Picked up DKCR and I'm looking forward to trying Pokemon!

akashhhhh

Wow, that was remarkably smooth. It even reminds you of the promotion when you register the 3DS and instantly takes you to the redeem screen once you register the game.

It's astonishing how well polished this process is compared to the rest of Nintendo's online systems...

I don't even know enough about Pokemon to understand why they come in pairs. Black/White? X/Y? What's going on here? Two different games? Two halves of a story, start on one, finish on the other?

Same games, small number of different catchable pokemon exclusive to each version.

Depending on the game, there are also some plot changes (e.g. in Ruby/sapphire) or an exclusive area (in black/white) but they're always pretty minor things.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Do you need to link the 3DS to Club Nintendo through the eShop to take advantage of the promotion?

Thanks to NateDrake I now have Pokemon Y! This is incredible. Thanks again, man, you're awesome.

Don't feel bad. I'm in the same boat and asked earlier in the thread. :(

NeoGAF houses some of the best people, so I'm sure someone will help.
I know! And I confirmed it tonight!

Honestly I don't have any interest in trying a Pokemon game. In other words I can probably help Cuba guy out as well. So if you're on one, I can be on the other. Disclaimer, pretty sure my console is unregistered and I definitely have an eligible game to register along with it, but you never know with this stuff.. Anyway, just let me know which version I should redeem.

Thanks a lot for the offer! But as you can see, I'm already covered. I'm sure there's someone else who could use it, though.

This is so awesome, you guys. I'm crying here.

Yuripaw

Banned
I hate to ask also, but does anyone else have a spare game code they could help out with? I feel so frustrated, because I had a physical copy of animal crossing that I recently sold, because about a month ago, I switched to a digital version of it. I figured I played it so much, that I moved my save over and everything, but then this deal gets announced, and I just feel so annoyed I didn't hang on to the club nintendo code from the game.

Fortunately I did still have my club nintendo code for my 3DS, but the lack of having one for a game is really bumming me out.

MegaMelon

Whilst this is great and will certainly help move some units, I wonder if this will hurt XY sales. Could we be getting another main series game late this year?

Bluth54

If anyone happens to get an extra code I would be happy to take it, I kinda would like to give X or Y a try after watching the Pokemon Twitch stream.

ErkieFresh

Neo Member
Argghhh so I typed in all my codes around 12:45 last night. I waited patiently for my pokemon code to pop up in my Club Nintendo To Do List, no doing so I kept reading over the FAQ endlessly. I can't figure out my mistake. Finally I realize that I missed the little part where it had to be 12:00 Pacific Time..... So frustrating because I rushed out yesterday to buy a 3DS XL and everything just to get Pokemon today. Now I have no idea what to do.

Bluth54

Argghhh so I typed in all my codes around 12:45 last night. I waited patiently for my pokemon code to pop up in my Club Nintendo To Do List, no doing so I kept reading over the FAQ endlessly. I can't figure out my mistake. Finally I realize that I missed the little part where it had to be 12:00 Pacific Time..... So frustrating because I rushed out yesterday to buy a 3DS XL and everything just to get Pokemon today. Now I have no idea what to do.

I would try contacting Nintendo's customer service.

You might be screwed though.

ErkieFresh

Neo Member
I would try contacting Nintendo's customer service.

You might be screwed though.

Yeah. I sent them a detailed email. Hopefully they can help me out, but I haven't heard back yet. It would be such a bummer if they can't because I did everything they asked of me. I do appreciate your response though.

Beef

Bought a 3DS XL a few months back, finally registered today for pokemon. Great deal, promotion works although it takes a minute to fill out some required survey. Really was looking for a pokemon fix after watching all that TPP.

Does this have to be with CN pin (which I dont have), I just registered it with serial number, just want to make sure that qualifies before purchasing one of the six games.

maxcriden

I realize this is a long shot, but if anyone has a 2DS or 3DS XL code, I'd be happy to trade equal codes worth of points for it. Thank you!

I'm also looking for a code, I'll trade the amount of club Nintendo coins for a 3DS or 2DS if that's how it works

please :D I'm hyped after the twitch plays run B^)

Godot107

Neo Member
I realize this is a long shot, but if anyone has a 2DS or 3DS XL code, I'd be happy to trade equal codes worth of points for it. Thank you!
I happen to have a 3DS XL spare code, all I need is a valid code for any of the eligible games, shoot me a PM if you have any

L.O.R.D

so..
i just registered the code for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D on the club
and a survey question pop up after i finished the regular survey
its about if i bought this game just because of the promotion or because you got the game anyway

they knew some people will get the code

i bought it from Ebay several days ago thank to this thread for 3$

So I had previously posted in here that the Serial # would work just fine for registering the 3DS rather than the PIN number. WRONG.

I just tried to do that myself and nothing popped up for me on the site, no download code no nothing. This is after a rep had told me a few days ago that the Serial # would work...I called today and the rep said that I needed the PIN number for it to work. He also said it could take up for a week for them to find out if they can still let me get the deal or not (seriously?). You'd think there would be an easy way for them to get it to work...

This is a huge bummer, damn.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
So I had previously posted in here that the Serial # would work just fine for registering the 3DS rather than the PIN number. WRONG.

I just tried to do that myself and nothing popped up for me on the site, no download code no nothing. This is after a rep had told me a few days ago that the Serial # would work...I called today and the rep said that I needed the PIN number for it to work. He also said it could take up for a week for them to find out if they can still let me get the deal or not (seriously?). You'd think there would be an easy way for them to get it to work...

Just did the same thing myself. Goddammit.

jokkir

ToaTWPC.jpg

It worked! I used my friends extra 3DS code and my Animal Crossing that I didn't bother registering months before

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Damn, so I can't participate in the promo after all... Thanks for the info, at least I haven't wasted my codes by registering it.

Will try to search for a 3DS pin? Anyone has one (with the amount of people asking in this thread, I doubt I'll get one, but you never know...!)

Macheezmo

I was able to register my wife's 3DS, but I can't register her copy of animal crossing because I already have mine registered. If someone has a qualifying code they would be willing to trade, send me a PM.

inner-G

Banned
These promotions really piss me off :mad:

It's a big 'fuck you' to people who buy stuff when it comes out.

I registered a 3DS, 2 XL's and almost all of those games previously and didn't get shit but a Luigi poster and some garbage.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys, I have a couple questions if someone could help me out. How many blocks does X/Y take up? I have about 22k free on my sd card. Also, anyone know if a Pokemon Y save will transfer on the digital version from a physical cart? I'd rather have a digital copy but I don't want to lose my save.

JimPanzer

still looking for a code of one of the games. I'm in the EU and importing one of the games seems a bit out of place. can either trade for a US code of SMT IV, some EU codes, or some cash via paypal, let me know.

maxcriden

I registered a 3DS, 2 XL's and almost all of those games previously and didn't get shit but a Luigi poster and some garbage.

I understand your frustration, but it's not a flip off to fans so much as it is an incentive for new fans. I bought a Wii U for full price and a month later they announced a price drop. These are just the realities of the industry.

Lothars

I don't think it's that big of a deal because they do this to drum up sales. I think it's a bigger deal if the system just came out like they are doing with the Xbox One but it had been out for over a while now.

Porcile

I bought Animal Crossing and DK back when they had pricing error. Will they not count? Dont think I ever got a CN code.

Top Bottom