• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reliable Leaker Leaks Nintendo Switch 2 Potential Price and Launch Date

Nintendo Switch 2 leaker just tipped Switch 2 price

A reliable laker who correctly predicted the price of PS Pro has suggested that Nintendo Switch 2 will launch at a base MSRP of $400.

Switch 2 leak rumor

(Image credit: Discord)

Nintendo is expected to officially announce its upcoming console with new game bundles in October 2024, but as per
rumors the new console will launch no sooner than April 2025.

The new console according to another leaker is expected to feature AI integration (personalized game recommendations etc.) and dual screens (return of the DS and 3DS feature).

Last edited:

Soodanim

After the PS5 Pro price announcement a $400 Nintendo machine is going to be a very attractive price point for a lot of people.

I'm most curious about this than anything else. If we can start getting good quality upscaling etc then a docked mode won't leave me with more memories like BotW running at about 360i25

But I hope it isn't dual screen. I've got a Wii U, I don't need another one.

Last edited:

BlackTron

If they do launch with OLED I probably can't be there day one because I will need info before deciding which to buy.

I prefer screens easier on my eyes and I wasn't a fan of OLED's flickering to control brightness. So when it was time to get a new Switch I ended up with a normal one. Given they have the same power and work the same connected to a TV I missed little but (literal) headaches.

Right now I'm kinda fearing a situation where they have two SKUs at launch, the better one is clearly much better but also has an OLED screen. At that point I'm weighing pros/cons and hoping it doesn't work the same way as Switch 1.

Robb

Gold Member
The most fascinating thing to me is people here "hoping" for an OLED screen like its a marvelous thing to get in 2025!

Nintendo has conditioned these poor souls to a very low standard 🤣
Hardly just Nintendo. Valve released SteamDeck in 2022 with LCD only. Sony released the Portal in late 2023 with an LCD, despite offering OLED all the way back on PSV back in 2012..

Companies are cheap. More news at 11.

foamdino

I suspect there will be a base model at $400 (with shit storage) and then the *real* version at $500 with an actual usable amount of storage (like steam deck).

Nintendo are not immune to the cost of inputs in the tech industry, they will not launch anything cutting edge at $400.

Last edited:
Top Bottom