• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
blurredvision said:
Does making the topic read "R E A C H" hinder searching? If so, might want to take out those spaces.
The thread will be always on the first two pages of the neogaf gaming discussion forum.

FourDoor

New home again! Yes! I still have 20pages to read from OT1 from the weekend I need to catch up on.

I can't wait to finally be able to play the game in full strength in a couple of weeks. The wedding day is finally here on Friday! So that also means I'll finally get to play Reach with everybody after the honeymoon! LOL

and yes I tried to get some bits of Halo in the wedding but got shot down like I was trying to take out a DMR dude with an AR
:lol

Raide

Sai-kun said:
Check my fileshare for the map and accompanying gametype! :D awesome pic btw.

I need to see if I can make any interesting changes to the map

Hrmm...King of the Hill maybe? Adding Infection to it somehow? :lol

Niblet

I am not liking hemorrhage as a 4v4 map. So far I have played it as both Swat and Slayer DMR. I have noticed each time that neither team wants to push out of their spawn location. And when someone does he is picked off by the other team because they are situated in their spot and waiting for you to come to them. The matches have been positively boring. My reticule was almost never red as I had to result to cross map shooting everytime. There was one point where the monotony got me so pissed I ran along the wall to their side and got a few kills from behind their base before they realized I was behind them and they ganged up on me. That was probably the only enjoyable moment on that map in 4v4 so far. The lack of antipersonal vehicles on that map such as the warthog kills it I think. Also the power weapon selection is meager. A pair of sniper rifles is all I noticed. That is further promoting desire for players to stay back.

I didn't play Halo 1 or 2 but I hear this is a remake of a map from those games. I don't know if Valhalla was also based of those maps but I so fucking wish this was a valhalla remake. The hill in the center, open areas to the side, the vehicles. So good.

GhaleonEB

blurredvision said:
Does making the topic read "R E A C H" hinder searching? If so, might want to take out those spaces.
It was a stylistic call, I wanted a slightly different read on the title to distinguish it from the last, which also mirrored the lettering of the title in the game. But search pulls it up just fine: searching "reach ot 2" pulls up this thred first.

Next up is the g|OT|y :p

ElRenoRaven

Chorazin said:
Wait, did the new dashboard software preview go up already?

Not yet. It will soon though.

Also goddamn I love armor lock. I just love watching a ghost try to splatter me only to fail and blow himself up running into me. lol

Chorazin

Niblet said:
I don't know if Valhalla was also based of those maps but I so fucking wish this was a valhalla remake. The hill in the center, open areas to the side, the vehicles. So good.

I fucking love Valhalla, and I hope and pray it's one of the new asset maps in the first map pack DLC.

I didn't even realize that they were adding matchmaking to campaign. Sweet! Now maybe I'll actually be able to finish Reach on Legendary.

vhfive

well that was fast.

anyone know which level is best to farm the elite challenge today. I'm thinking Nightfall or maybe Lone Wolf

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SpudBud said:
I'm going to bet that we go through 3-4 more threads before everything is said and done.
I am glad at least they let a normal poster make the new topic. I am still a bit annoyed that Evilore made the new TF2 topic, since that means we can't edit the OP.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
New thread and im not even on the first page. Damn it i missed it.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
My bungie.net pie chart for game time is really bugging me. It says I've only played Firefight for 4 games, 26 minutes total. But when I click on it it shows the real total of 6 hours, 57 minutes.

Chorazin

vhfive said:
well that was fast.

anyone know which level is best to farm the elite challenge today. I'm thinking Nightfall or maybe Lone Wolf

Do you have ITCTHMB? I'm going to continue my utterly futile attempts to obtain it again today, but at least I'll get some cR for the first few...

Ramirez

Anyone want a free download of "The Package" from Halo Legends?

HGR6K-VT2MY-23PYK-4B9CY-R7GVB

I already have the whole disc, so no use to me.

watership said:
New thread post transfer:

I really enjoyed my first GAF customs this weekend. No chat for me until the new dashboard launches though, sucks. I can't seem to find any vids of that Escher map, but it was awesome.

9s9tgg

The hype for this map did not disappoint =P. My first GAF customs also and it started out great with 16 man FFA on Hemorrhage.

Is there a high-res pic of the Forky in the vehicles section of the OP?

The Forky helped me escape a bunch of Elites on Legendary. They did not know what the hell happened.

Mikey Jr.

Why is that on Invasion, when you want to spawn on a teammate, and it is ok to spawn, it says "ready to respawn in 0", but the 0 is actually 4 seconds. Doesn't 0 usually mean, you know, ZERO?1

Mikey Jr. said:
Why is that on Invasion, when you want to spawn on a teammate, and it is ok to spawn, it says "ready to respawn in 0", but the 0 is actually 4 seconds. Doesn't 0 usually mean, you know, ZERO?1

I wish they would change this to how BC2 does it, where you can just press A to spawn. I have died multiple times due to spawning mid-air while my partner is going to the top of the Spire.

ElRenoRaven

koshunter said:
I wish they would make this like how BC2 does it, where you can just press A to spawn. I have died multiple times due to spawning mid-air while my partner is going to the top of the Spire.

Now that is what is more annoying to me. The system should have the sense to say ok this person is currently mid air up high. Spawning would result in death. However the system says nah that's cool resulting in you spawning and falling to death upon spawn.

PsychoRaven said:
Now that is what is more annoying to me. The system should have the sense to say ok this person is currently mid air up high. Spawning would result in death. However the system says nah that's cool resulting in you spawning and falling to death upon spawn.

Convenient if you're looking for a Broseidon medal though! :lol

Orodreth

I´m loving Gruntpocalypse. Been playing since weekend and is pure fun with only the dmr and pistol.

A question, is there any way to veto gametypes, like for example "infection"? i just dont like that kind of game and prefer slayer/classic deathmatch or something like headhunter but eveytime infection appears in the options it ends up being selected by the mayority and i´m forced my way through.

ShinAmano

cuevas said:
and pretty easy compared to the rest of the levels on legendary.
Yeah that as well...only part I had trouble with was leaving after finishing the inside objective...so few weapons.

GhaleonEB said:
Search pics it up fine. Try it out. :p

I don't want to be working today. I want to be polishing up my map, dammit.

Ctrl+F does not, kind of annoying. Neither Halo or Reach is in the title..

Metalic Sand said:
Challenges, FPS crack.
Score Attack, FPS heroin.

WJD said:
Ok, nevermind. The space section on Legendary is fucking stupid.
I found it way easier than Heroic for some reason. Maybe it was because I finally figured out how the reticle worked and the switching from guns to rockets are a bit cumbersome, but I rather enjoyed it.

GhaleonEB said:
Search pics it up fine. Try it out. :p

I don't want to be working today. I want to be polishing up my map, dammit.
Expect "I wanna see ur map" harassments from me. :D

GhaleonEB

brokenwatch said:
Ctrl+F does not, kind of annoying. Neither Halo or Reach is in the title..
Don't Ctrl+f, use the search box in the corner - which picks up the thread first when "reach ot 2" is searched, sans quotes. Or subscribe to it for easier tracking.

And it's unlikely to be off the front page, second page worst case, for the duration of its run. It won't be hard to find. The spacing actually makes it easier to scan visually for it.
squidhands said:
Score Attack, FPS heroin.
Yup. So good. I need another hit, just one more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom