• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumphry

Banned
Mythic Attack is great. It only seems like the Jackals and Skirmishers are harder to kill, Brutes still suck when you have a Needler Rifle, and the Elite Generals have 2x shields so 2 Plasma Pistol shots plus a headshot with the DMR will take them down. Only two deaths for my first game of it.

Sadly it gives around the same amount of credits as regular Score Attack. :/

Oh and for the new page:
Dug said:
Just saw this screenshot on Halowaypoints twitter:
Just gonna link to it, it's a little big too post.

:lol

Striker

Ramirez said:
I'd also like to see evade removed from objective, or at least changed to one dodge per charge, the combat is so goofy with everyone rolling around on smaller maps. No idea why it replaced Hologram in the first place...
Agree about Warlock/Lockout. Though have you been through them to see if they're solid builds? From the looks of the Lockout map we've seen from the vidoc ways back, it was more similar to Blackout. Still would be more fun than The Cage.

Hologram works fine and isn't abusive in any game mode. Evade looks goofy as hell for Spartans and Sprint should be the primary "faster pace" movement ability; not sure why they feel they need two of the same kinds. Drop Shield needs completely wiped from Objectives, as well.

UltimaPooh said:
Haha. I wasn't trying to ignore you I just forgot about this post.

I agree one of those things would balance it a bit better... The one and only one I would choose to make it "fair" is getting rid of the invincibility frames coming out of AL.

...so make the people coming out of armor lock vulnerable while they can't move? Yeah, that's completely fair.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Working on my map again, and I got it so CTF works, but when I started the custom game of multi-flag there was just a red flag even though i have a flag holder at both bases and both are set to CTF_Flag_return.

What am i missing?

Kapura

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
Working on my map again, and I got it so CTF works, but when I started the custom game of multi-flag there was just a red flag even though i have a flag holder at both bases and both are set to CTF_Flag_return.

What am i missing?
A player on the blue team, I'm thinking.

Kujo

I hate evade for Infection. I hate even more that you can get a bulltrue and still be infected at the same time. I liked it much better in Halo 3

And for Invasion, I wish you could spawn on any one of your teammates

NH Apache

Banned
I'm taking it old school with some picture story time.

Playing some multi-team (new favorite playlist btw) on penuckle with a bunch of randoms. I get respawned on the old Banshee platform.

WDQe9.jpg

And lo and behold, a little green man spawns right in front of me with jetpack.

CcCBP.jpg

I get on my horse and truck it behind him.

8SeOQ.jpg

Problem is, he starts to take off. Using my last oomph of sprint, I jump, flailing for his ankles.
gkPXU.jpg

So close!
ElSri.jpg

kGLRl.jpg

YTyoQ.jpg

Satisfaction.

77oYo.jpg

MrBig

So I was thinking that everyone was getting to Lt. Colonel now, but I just went into a game of swat and the kids on the other team said "Whoa a Lt. Colonel Grade 3" :lol

Played another game with the same people because no one backed out to the lobby, but some kid with a guest quit during voting so it was me and some other guy v 4. I ended up winning with a +9 k/d, while everyone on the other team was below -5 :lol

Ajemsuhgao said:
...so make the people coming out of armor lock vulnerable while they can't move? Yeah, that's completely fair.

I personally wouldn't change a thing but if I were forced to choose it would be that one.

ElRenoRaven

Wow. Yea Glacier really needs something done to fix the framerate. It's awful. I haven't had very many framerate stutters in the game but glacier really gets choppy at times.

So I am at camp now and there is sadly no Xbox Live :(

But that gives me time to get my hands dirty with Forge.

Welp five minutes in and I am stuck... How do I align objects? I was going to lay a bunch of grids down, but you're only allowed to have two? Where do I get the option to 'snap to x axix' etc.

Sorry for the likely noobish questions.

Devin Olsen said:

Welp five minutes in and I am stuck... How do I align objects? I was going to lay a bunch of grids down, but you're only allowed to have two? Where do I get the option to 'snap to x axix' etc.

You should check the ForgeGAF thread, but you want to click B and go to "Edit Coordinates" to align things smoothly. You can also hold down the Left Stick (click in) and move things more slowly.

MrBig

Cliff hangar is a piece of shit.
Devin Olsen said:

While holding the object press B. From there you can set the angle snap and edit the coordinates.

MMaRsu said:
The new map which is indeed shit

Oh. I have yet to run into Cliffhanger...

And now I'm playing it :lol

EDIT: Played one game of SWAT on it. Not..bad. But it's kinda small, and really the spawns are shitty sometimes.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ghaleon (or anyone), one more question about soft spawns. I set up a soft spawn zone and put a few blue respawn points inside, do I need to do this? Or does the zone itself serve as a spawn if the main spawns are too risky?

E.g. will I spawn in the soft zone if too many enemies are at the base, and do i need actual respawn points in the zone to do so?

Also, should your own flag appear on your HUD when playing CTF? I am testing and my flag shows up in my HUD.

EDIT: As I am testing it keeps spawning me in the points I put in the soft zone even though I am alone in the game, not sure if this is right.

Ramirez

Chinner said:
you guys are comparing infection in reach to l4d....lol.

Learn to read, I was basically telling him to go play L4D, a much better survival zombie game.

Striker said:
Agree about Warlock/Lockout. Though have you been through them to see if they're solid builds? From the looks of the Lockout map we've seen from the vidoc ways back, it was more similar to Blackout. Still would be more fun than The Cage.

No, I haven't, are then even available to d/l? The maps are so piss poor in this game, I just would like something else that I at least know used to be decent to play on.

Played on Atom, and well, that was a pretty boring and uninspired map, not that I expected much to begin with...

Ajemsuhgao said:
Cliff hangar......?

Played it once but with a weird group in a 3v3 in team slayer. I'm not sure what to make of it. It felt cramped but too big all at the same time. Moving around on it just felt terrible. I've learned not to judge a map too harshly until I've played it many many many times. Perhaps it'll grow on me.

Any thoughts on other maps that it plays like?

Haven't played Atom yet. I was more excited for that map anyways.

Ramirez

How did Atom get selected, it is the fan made map correct? I know Lars or somebody made one of the two. Is this really the cream of the crop at this point in time?

Last night was absolutely hilarious.

BTB, where dreams come true.

Guys.. you know the (white) concrete barricades that were in Halo 3's Forge, are they in Reach as well? I want to use them for an Infection map I'm making, but I can find them at all. :(

7echnicolor said:
Guys.. you know the (white) concrete barricades that were in Halo 3's Forge, are they in Reach as well? I want to use them for an Infection map I'm making, but I can find them at all. :(

Pretty sure they aren't in Forge World. A lot of really simple stuff that you'd think would be there is missing. :\

Ramirez

I logged in offline last night and noticed I was Colonel, so I could see the Mark VI and Gungnir. The Mark VI looks awesome, but Gungnir looks extremely goofy in game, would be a lot better if it was kinda smashed in a little bit more, it's way too long. :| Are there any more helmets after those two?

yea, just checked , Security is the only other helmet after those two...seems like they would have held more stuff back for the later levels, oh well. I did notice you can unlock a Recon variant with the attachments at Colonel.

ElRenoRaven

Ajemsuhgao said:
Pretty sure they aren't in Forge World. A lot of really simple stuff that you'd think would be there is missing. :\

Because for some reason forgeworld is nothing but forerunner world. They left out pretty much everything but forerunner architecture.

Ramirez said:
I logged in offline last night and noticed I was Colonel, so I could see the Mark VI and Gungnir. The Mark VI looks awesome, but Gungnir looks extremely goofy in game, would be a lot better if it was kinda smashed in a little bit more, it's way too long. :| Are there any more helmets after those two?

I'm about 24k cR from Colonel.

And..Security helmet. Or can you see that at Commander? I don't remember. :lol

ElRenoRaven

Man I've heard nothing but hate for Cliffhanger yet I can't even get it to see for myself.

You would think bungie would put it on a file share somewhere.

MrDaravon

Cliffhanger is okay; I don't think it's fantastic, but I'm not sure why people are completing shitting on it either. I've only played Slayer-type games on it though, so not sure if it's crap for Objective games or something maybe. I do like Atom though.

Chorazin

SailorDaravon said:
Cliffhanger is okay; I don't think it's fantastic, but I'm not sure why people are completing shitting on it either. I've only played Slayer-type games on it though, so not sure if it's crap for Objective games or something maybe. I do like Atom though.
I fucking hate Atom. Once one team gets the high ground they have a pretty clear shot to the spawns, and it's incredibly hard to break through. Such a bad experience. :(

ElRenoRaven

Haha. Sure enough about a minute or two after posting that I get it.

Now having played it I can say I don't know how anyone can hate it. It's a damn fun map. As said it feels small but large at the same time. I think that is due to how hectic the gameplay is on the map. That's the best part too I think. No matter which way you go you are right back in the action quickly.

Overall I think it's one of my new favorites.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Holy shit, the idiocy of some people on Xbox Live never ceases to amaze me.

This dude in rumble pit was just rambling on complaining about everything from sprinters to armor lockers to people using the AR. About halfway through he was bitching about how nobody was talking because they're "probably 5 year-olds". So I put my mic in (something I regret) and tell him to stop whining and just play the game. No matter what sense I try to talk him into he just say "No, you're bad" non-fucking-stop. I ask him if he has any other insults, more "no, you're bad". I kill him once with the sword and all of the sudden "that's the only weapon I know how to use", which was funny because he was using it like 30 seconds before, so I called him out on it and his excuse was that he didn't get any kills with it. I ended up winning with 25, he only had 20 and no matter what I tried to say he'd just comeback with "you're butthurt and can't think of anything good to say". Also, I'm a kid apparently, and I learned some new Halo slang in "randy" which I guess mean random people you fight in rumble pit.

Sorry for the pointless post, I just hate people like this.

GhaleonEB

Over a week of dinking around and I finally settle on a place for a new map on Forge World. There's surprisingly few good places for symmetric BTB maps.

Ramirez

NameGenerated said:
Holy shit, the idiocy of some people on Xbox Live never ceases to amaze me.

This dude in rumble pit was just rambling on complaining about everything from sprinters to armor lockers to people using the AR. About halfway through he was bitching about how nobody was talking because they're "probably 5 year-olds". So I put my mic in (something I regret) and tell him to stop whining and just play the game. No matter what sense I try to talk him into he just say "No, you're bad" non-fucking-stop. I ask him if he has any other insults, more "no, you're bad". I kill him once with the sword and all of the sudden "that's the only weapon I know how to use", which was funny because he was using it like 30 seconds before, so I called him out on it and his excuse was that he didn't get any kills with it. I ended up winning with 25, he only had 20 and no matter what I tried to say he'd just comeback with "you're butthurt and can't think of anything good to say". Also, I'm a kid apparently, and I learned some new Halo slang in "randy" which I guess mean random people you fight in rumble pit.

You just made that guy's night.

NameGenerated said:
Holy shit, the idiocy of some people on HaloGAF never ceases to amaze me.

This dude posting was just rambling on complaining about everything from sprinters to armor lockers to people using the AR.

Fixed.

guilty

MrDaravon

Chorazin said:
I fucking hate Atom. Once one team gets the high ground they have a pretty clear shot to the spawns, and it's incredibly hard to break through. Such a bad experience. :(

? The map seems at least level (with both "bases" being equal height) and there's the bottom-level part as well. Actually probably the one map I've had the least spawn-killing issue with :lol That aside, we did play one match where this guy on the other team was freaking wrecking us with the Focus Rifle, which was actually pretty amazing.

NameGenerated, that just encourages that shit. If I actually have Team and Party turned off and I start hearing that you have to either roll straight with it, OR alternatively just start spewing madness. Some people will still go off no matter what, but a lot of the time you can shut them up and/or confuse them. For example:

xXKidXx: You're gay!
Daravon: Totally, I love mancannons. Wanna hook up? No seriously, I'm in Virginia, let's do this.

Or

xXKidXx: You're gay!
Daravon: I KNOW YOUR FATHER'S NAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom