• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

LAUGHTREY said:
What replace drop shield? It's not in Oddball anymore right?

Nothing did, they just took Hologram out of all of them for some reason. Hologram=OP, but Drop Shield remains in stuff like Assault and 1 Flag, derpa derp.

Where would you put the flag Striker, if you put it in the Powerhouse there's no way it's going to get capped...

I still can't believe they took flag juggling out, so lame.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
Evade with Shotgun = why I hate Gears of War lol
you are just not based son

shotgun is like persh-kow in gears it is their br

4 shot to chest nub

so pro~

But seriously though, Gears would be great if it weren't the net-code (Gears 3 has dedi's!!1) and I liked the loose feel of Gears 1 in comparison to Gears 2, but anyway that's a whole other issue.

Ramirez said:
Nothing did, they just took Hologram out of all of them for some reason. Hologram=OP, but Drop Shield remains in stuff like Assault and 1 Flag, derpa derp.

Where would you put the flag Striker, if you put it in the Powerhouse there's no way it's going to get capped...

I still can't believe they took flag juggling out, so lame.

I played a 1 flag on Cage with drop shields a couple days ago. It is still, by far, the dumbest gametype I've played thus far in Reach.

TheOddOne

NH Apache said:
YTyoQ.jpg
I can't stop :lol at the picture. I'm strange.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ramirez said:
He pussed out on GAF back when Shotty/Snipers was ruining Halo 3, meh.
I remember that incident and I exchanged a couple PMs with Ferrex. He didn't "puss out". The problem is that legitimate users were complaining about the shotty/snipers bug in MM and then the usual SDF suspects, who I doubt had the game and were anxious to take a stab at Halo, joined the fight. Ferrex made public that he was a Bungie employee and he even owned up to the error and said people were hard at work trying to fix it. The Halo Hate Force ganged up on Ferrex backed up by mods telling him how he was powerless in GAF so he had to take all the shit people gave him. Ferrex didn't take the shit so he threatened a user to put him in a exclusive shotty/snipers playlist for the rest of his life (obviously a bluff, joke). The user cried for papa EvilLore and EvilLore told Ferrex he was going to ban him for being a dick. Ferrex said he was done with GAF and stopped posting in the forum.

I lurk the Halo threads so much... I don't really post, but I remember all that shit.

KevinRo

godhandiscen said:
I remember that incident and I exchanged a couple PMs with Ferrex. He didn't "puss out". The problem is that legitimate users were complaining about the shotty/snipers bug in MM and then the usual SDF suspects, who I doubt had the game and were anxious to take a stab at Halo, joined the fight. Ferrex made public that he was a Bungie employee and he even owned up to the error and said people were hard at work trying to fix it. The Halo Hate Force ganged up on Ferrex backed up by mods telling him how he was powerless in GAF so he had to take all the shit people gave him. Ferrex didn't take the shit so he threatened a user to put him in a exclusive shotty/snipers playlist for the rest of his life (obviously a bluff, joke). The user cried for papa EvilLore and EvilLore told Ferrex he was going to ban him for being a dick. Ferrex said he was done with GAF and stopped posting in the forum.

I lurk the Halo threads so much... I don't really post, but I remember all that shit.

Awesome. Reminded me about the time I had the picture of Dax knocking on Bungie's front door as my avatar and he complained to a mod.

godhandiscen said:

that is not how it went down.

godhandiscen

WickedLaharl said:
that is not how it went down.
Read it, ZayneH just posted the thread. Just because Ferrex didn't lay in 4 and opened up for the fanbase to make him his bitch he got ganged up.

Also, what was Teknopathetic doing in a Halo thread? Didn't he delete the original Halo 3 thread as a "joke"? :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
Hey guys, I know pretty much none of you are LBGT or anything (as far as I know :p), but tomorrow (well today, October 20), a ton of people around the nation are wearing purple in memory of those 6 students that recently committed suicide due to bullying. I will be wearing a purple shirt I have!

Now, I know it's probably not appropriate for everyone (work and stuff), but I figured that maybe we could turn our Spartans purple, just for tomorrow? I think that'd be neat, just to show support! You don't have to obviously, but like I said, I think it'd be neat :)

also hot potato is the best gametype ever

GhaleonEB

godhandiscen said:

While this is all true, it's also incomplete; read the first post he made in the thread linked above. The trolling got under his skin and he snapped a bit at everyone right out the gates. If he'd addressed the issue with Frankie or Urk like directness and humor, the situation would have been defused. It took some time, but I've become accustomed to and can ignore (and even enjoy) the Halo trolling on GAF. Pretty clear it bothered ferrex a great deal. I don't blame him for leaving, but the way the conversation went from there was partly his making. (And only partly.)

godhandiscen said:
Read it, ZayneH just posted the thread. Just because Ferrex didn't lay in 4 and opened up for the fanbase to make him his bitch he got ganged up.

Also, what was Teknopathetic doing in a Halo thread? Didn't he delete the original Halo 3 thread as a "joke"? :lol
I'm hesitant to even write about that incident.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
KevinRo said:
Awesome. Reminded me about the time I had the picture of Dax knocking on Bungie's front door as my avatar and he complained to a mod.
:lol :lol :lol

Wax paper for skin.

godhandiscen

GhaleonEB said:
While this is all true, it's also incomplete; read the first post he made in the thread linked above. The trolling got under his skin and he snapped a bit at everyone right out the gates. If he'd addressed the issue with Frankie or Urk like directness and humor, the situation would have been defused. It took some time, but I've become accustomed to and can ignore (and even enjoy) the Halo trolling on GAF. Pretty clear it bothered ferrex a great deal. I don't blame him for leaving, but the way the conversation went from there was partly his making. (And only partly.)

I'm hesitant to even write about that incident.

The kind of trolling Stinkles is able to handle with a smile is quite epic, but not everybody can take that. I agree with your recollection of facts, but as I said, Ferrex didn't "puss out." I don't know if there is a term for leaving a place where you are unwanted, but it definitely isn't pussing out.

GhaleonEB

godhandiscen said:
The kind of trolling Stinkles is able to handle with a smile is quite epic, but not everybody can take that. I agree with your recollection of facts, but as I said, Ferrex didn't "puss out." I don't know if there is a term for leaving a place where you are unwanted, but it definitely isn't pussing out.
Yup, agreed on all counts. GAF isn't for everyone and I wouldn't characterize his departure that way. Just wanted to point out that he didn't exactly handle it with a wink and a smile.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I played Slayer Pro on Atom earlier, seemed pretty good to me, but I'd like to see AAs on it.

Didn't get to play the other one.

Ramirez

godhandiscen said:

:lol

You really didn't have to write all of that in defense of your boy.

Red

equil said:
You're aloud to boost, your just not allowed to reset your challenges by pulling out your network cable.
Yeah, that's what this kid was doing. Resetting challenges to get the credits over and over.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
God GAF can be the worst sometimes. We could be having awesome discussions with Tyson if he didn't leave.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
God GAF can be the worst sometimes. We could be having awesome discussions with Tyson if he didn't leave.

I'm sorry, but did you read his posts in that thread? They were horrible, he basically dismisses the "paying customer" as something that means jack. :lol

Unless by awesome discussions you meant hearing stories about credit farmers and how he smites them down.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
I'm sorry, but did you read his posts in that thread? They were horrible, he basically dismisses the "paying customer" as something that means jack. :lol

Unless by awesome discussions you meant hearing stories about credit farmers and how he smites them down.
I read the first 3 pages. And that was a general GAF thread, that type of shit wouldn't happen in here.

Edit: lol and while him shitting on credit boosters is hilarious I mean stuff about the game. Honestly I just want to grill Bungie about some things I don't understand in Reach :lol

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
I read the first 3 pages. And that was a general GAF thread, that type of shit wouldn't happen in here.

No, there were legitimate complaints from level headed people on GAF in there as well. Shotty/Snipers was literally popping up every other game or more back then. I did post in that thread surprisingly, told people to get a grip, but I remember complaining about it in game too.

As far as stuff like that not happening in here, go dig up the Reach Beta thread. :lol

I mean none of this stuff matters now, but it's like the one guy said, this game has so many problems, and banning kids who reset challenges is not even a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things. They're going to hit a cap anyways, and even if they did get a billion credits, who cares?

Honestly I just want to grill Bungie about some things I don't understand in Reach

Well, I think we both know you're not going to get any legitimate answers or discussions about the negative aspects of the game on here.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
Well, I think we both know you're not going to get any legitimate answers or discussions about the negative aspects of the game on here.
Well we can sure as hell try!

...right?

:[

Raide

2000cR A Great Friend
Earn 30 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

300cR Fire When Ready
Kill 30 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking

500cR There Are Many Like...
Kill 50 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today.

1500cR Be Their Huckleberry
Kill 100 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the pistol.

Ramirez said:
Uh, people complain constantly. If you're expecting 'legitimate' answers, it's not Bungie's responsibility to defend themselves against every complaint.

Raide said:
2000cR A Great Friend

300cR Fire When Ready

Full Metal Jacket reference?
"YOU'RE NO DAISY, YOU'RE NO DAISY ATALL"

God damn every line of that scene is so quotable. My brothers and I used to use them on each other all the time. Go buy Tombstone if you don't get the reference!

Shake Appeal said:
Uh, people complain constantly. If you're expecting 'legitimate' answers, it's not Bungie's responsibility to defend themselves against every complaint.
Exactly. Although it may be that your particular issue is not addressed or replied to by Bungie, it is unfair to expect that of them for every complaint that is raised.

A Bungie employee might discuss something negative about the game on Neogaf but if they do its likely to be a major issue brought up many times

Raide said:
2000cR A Great Friend

300cR Fire When Ready

Only 4300cR. :( I have to play a lotMM before I reach Lt. colonel.

Raide

Done. One run of Nightfall and one Gruntpocalypse on Glacier. Yikes that map drops frames.

PsychoRaven said:
Wow. Yea Glacier really needs something done to fix the framerate. It's awful. I haven't had very many framerate stutters in the game but glacier really gets choppy at times.
Yeah, it was terrible for me in the two games that I played on it. You can't stand back at where you first spawn and look out or else it slows down horribly. I ended up moving off to one side to play, and it seemed to get better. It really sucks, because I think it's probably one of the best firefight maps of them all.

Ramirez said:
How did Atom get selected, it is the fan made map correct? I know Lars or somebody made one of the two. Is this really the cream of the crop at this point in time?
Yep it was made by JoeSki73, who had more than a couple maps in H3 MM. It's definitely not his best work (it was his first map for Reach), but I've enjoyed playing customs on it so far.

Sai-kun said:
Hey guys, I know pretty much none of you are LBGT or anything (as far as I know :p), but tomorrow (well today, October 20), a ton of people around the nation are wearing purple in memory of those 6 students that recently committed suicide due to bullying. I will be wearing a purple shirt I have!

Now, I know it's probably not appropriate for everyone (work and stuff), but I figured that maybe we could turn our Spartans purple, just for tomorrow? I think that'd be neat, just to show support! You don't have to obviously, but like I said, I think it'd be neat :)

also hot potato is the best gametype ever
I wore my one purple shirt to work yesterday, but I'll definitely change my Spartan color today. Thanks for bringing this up.

Chorazin

SailorDaravon said:
? The map seems at least level (with both "bases" being equal height) and there's the bottom-level part as well. Actually probably the one map I've had the least spawn-killing issue with :lol That aside, we did play one match where this guy on the other team was freaking wrecking us with the Focus Rifle, which was actually pretty amazing.

I would always spawn on the lower level with a bunch of red teamates, and the only options were to run up the ramp where blue was camped on top of the blue base raining DMR fire down on us, or use the mancannon but they'd just shoot us out of the air.

Maybe it's better when it's not Slayer DMRs. Hell, most maps are.

derFeef

Were there any official words on the framerate issues? I would love if bungie could improve that, but I guess it´s not easy (or cheap) to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom