• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: RTX 5090 to include 32GB of VRAM

Draugoth

Gold Member

Nvidia is reportedly planning to ship its upcoming GeForce RTX 5090 graphics card with 32GB of GDDR7 memory. Hardware leaker Kopite7kimi has published rumored specifications for the RTX 5090 and RTX 5080 today, and both cards will reportedly be more power-hungry as Nvidia looks to debut more capable next-gen GPUs.
The RTX 5090 is said to have a 600-watt spec, although as VideoCardz points out it’s not clear if this refers to how much the entire GPU board draws, or how much power the chip itself consumes. Either way, it looks like the RTX 5090 will draw 150 watts more than the 450 watts that the RTX 4090 pulls. The RTX 5090 will also reportedly include 32GB of GDDR7 memory on a 512-bit bus, with 21,760 CUDA cores.
GeForce RTX 5090

The RTX 5090 is said to have a 600-watt spec, although as VideoCardz points out it’s not clear if this refers to how much the entire GPU board draws, or how much power the chip itself consumes. Either way, it looks like the RTX 5090 will draw 150 watts more than the 450 watts that the RTX 4090 pulls. The RTX 5090 will also reportedly include 32GB of GDDR7 memory on a 512-bit bus, with 21,760 CUDA cores.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Bank Robbery Heist GIF by ADWEEK

Mayar

I think all this doesn't matter anymore. No one will optimize games better because of this, so everything will lag just like now. Yes, it doesn't sound optimistic, but honestly, lately all these new announcements from Nvidia, contribute not to the development of the market, but to the development of even greater laziness on the part of developers...

saintjules

Gold Member
600 watts is immense. I only have Corsair RM750...

What am I talking about, I just got a 4070S the other week.

StereoVsn

WTF… if the rumors of 5080 being ~20% faster than the 4090 are true, I’ll probably just go with that instead. I really don’t want my computer dumping 600w of heat into my room while I’m gaming.
Yep, was toying with getting 5090 since I am skipping PS5 Pro, but I am not sure circuit in the office can handle this shit, lol.

I am very curious to see 5080 specs now. Wonder if there is any chance of over 16GB VRAM.

reinking

Gold Member
Build a PC they said... 😜

Oof. That is going to be a little too much for me. I'm going to have to bargain shop and stick with those mid-tier builds.

Upcycling Christine Ebersole GIF by CBS

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
They usually announce it 2-3 months after. We will get 5080 for sure. For free. If GeForce Now had Mod Support. It would be absolutely the perfect service.
Yeah I just looked it up and the 4080 came to Ultimate tier a couple of months after it launched.

I just wonder if they do it again so quickly....

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Yep, was toying with getting 5090 since I am skipping PS5 Pro, but I am not sure circuit in the office can handle this shit, lol.

I am very curious to see 5080 specs now. Wonder if there is any chance of over 16GB VRAM.
Yeah I really hope there’s an option for more than 16. Or maybe I’ll just hold off and hope for a 5080 Ti down the road.

Honestly I’d love it if I had some compelling reason to upgrade from my 4090, but I just don’t have anything that would really benefit from any more power YET. I hope we get something like Cyberpunk’s path tracing + DLSS 3.5 did for 4000 series.

there is nothing about perfomance. 5080 can be slower than 4090, or little a bit faster
I’m talking about previous rumors I’ve heard

Top Bottom