• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: RTX 5090 to include 32GB of VRAM

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
we need more info, but anyway
c94c6c97a7e44e0afe4d0aca29a5204a.png

yep even bandwidth not much difference.
Cramming that many transistors doesn't make that much sense when the cores cannot be kept fed in games. It's amazing for productivity and AI-related tasks, but as far as gaming goes, the compute scaling isn't good at all. With those specs, you'd think the 4090 is 60% faster than the 4080, but it's only about 30% generally and maybe up to 40-50% with ray tracing.

Last edited:

KINGMOKU

I can definitely use this. The cuda core count is crazy for a consumer card, and the 32gigs would be great. I wonder how much I can get for my 4090...

DragonNCM

Good price if I can get it for 2k$ or 2.5k$
At least I will heat all my house with it & reduce electricity bill at least for 70%.
GPU will pay off in 6 months :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Use that thing for 4 hour's a day and it'll cost you €1,200 electricity over 5 years and that doesn't count the rest of your setup. An entire ps5 by comparison uses half the wattage.

No wonder most master race bros are still living with their parents.
Damn my napkin math came out only 100 bucks a year for my area,
4X365X600 =876000 watt/hours.

Last edited:

namenotfound

Neo Member
Significant bump in VRAM and memory bandwidth, they could bump the 5090 $1000 over 4090 MSRP and it'd still sell out just to generative AI enthusiasts

SHA

It sounds like there's gonna be 5 cards between the 5080 and this card so you don't feel the need to buy one.

Kuranghi

Until PC versions of half the games I want to play aren't broken at launch/permanently fucked with stuttering, etc I don't care about PC gaming for now.

Even if you buy this card or the 5080 at whatever stupid price they're charging you can't fix those issues so I'm out for now because I can't unsee issues like that.

PS5 Pro (and whatever comes in 4 years) will do me good for now, if they're PC exclusives I really want to play and can't run decently with my 3770K + GTX 1080 I'll maybe do a basic upgrade that costs less than a £1000, but the days of buying a top spec PC every 6 years are gone for me with the pricing + state of PC ports.

Bye for now PC gaming ❤️

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
More than the astronomical price they’ll be asking, I just can’t be bothered to swap out my PSU. I wonder what game they will use to market this, because there’s really nothing on the horizon that appears graphically demanding that I will be dying to play on something better than a 4090.

I'm more curious about what kind of technology will Nvidia be bringing on the next cards announcement video to be honest.

If i had to bet, i guess they'll focus on improving the frame gen hard on this generation

GloveSlap

I was looking to upgrade to the 5080, but the specs are disappointing if true. Might just grab a 4090 if any good deals pop up.

Bojji

Think this will be a very minor update architecturally

Most of the upgrades will be brute force (power, ram, etc)

This will be Ada Lovelace part 2, just like ampere was like that to turing and pascal to Maxwell.

Unless they lock some new tech to this architecture (like dlss3).

MikeM

Gold Member
Eyeing the 5080 hard. If the price is retarded tho then i’ll wait for the super versions.

we need more info, but anyway
c94c6c97a7e44e0afe4d0aca29a5204a.png

yep even bandwidth not much difference.
Damn wish I was able to have one of those. It'll cost the price of a new car here in Brazil tho so... never.

5080 will probably be ~10-15% faster than the 4080 and the 5090 will be ~50% faster than the 4090. I think.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Damn wish I was able to have one of those. It'll cost the price of a new car here in Brazil tho so... never.

5080 will probably be ~10-15% faster than the 4080 and the 5090 will be ~50% faster than the 4090. I think.
The 5080 is rumored to be about 10% faster than the 4090. I don’t think it ever happened that an 80-class card didn’t beat the previous flagship. The 2080 came really close, but still pull ahead marginally.

Top Bottom