• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
Can we please stop with the 4chan nonsense until a journalist or US intelligence official uses those words in connection with this?

Yeah, the only reason 4chan is being discussed in regards to this is
1. a very easy to disprove attempt by them to discredit this by posting an image that isn't in the damned report
2. a "we created this" post by a poster there that doesn't line up with any of the actual origins of the report

They are attempting to discredit this in multiple ways that are easy to disprove and are simply pretty sad. They shouldn't be part of the conversation.

Grug

McCain playing it cool.

692441.jpg

Since when the fuck did people, especially here, start believing what comes out of 4chan, let alone the idea that they're masters of espionage able to get an intelligence agency (agencies built on combing through BS) to present the president and president elect with this synopsis?

1) There are Russian trolls on GAF
2) There are Trump supporters on GAF
3) Some people feel burned and reasonably sceptic on claims on Trump considering it was never leaked during the election

I really want to know how it got out, now

Even if the buzzfeed thing isn't legit it would be interesting to know why CNN ran the story in the first place. How did they find out about POTUS & PEOTUS intelligence briefings?

this has been such a ride, omg

I have zero faith that anything will come of this short term but i hope this will be one of the few things that make the reelection harder.

TyrantII

Since when the fuck did people, especially here, start believing what comes out of 4chan, let alone the idea that they're masters of espionage able to get an intelligence agency (agencies built on combing through BS) to present the president and president elect with this synopsis?

Since they started massive disinformation campaigns.

From the looks of it, it's the normal folks just carrying water.

I really want to know how it got out, now

Even if the buzzfeed thing isn't legit it would be interesting to know why CNN ran the story in the first place. How did they find out about POTUS & PEOTUS intelligence briefings?

this has been such a ride, omg

The Buzzfeed thing is seemingly what CNN and McCain got too

It got out because Trump wouldn't shut the fuck up about the intelligence community probably

As others have said, there is no way to "re-do" an election. There are clear lines of succession in the very unlikely case Trump's entire team is sent packing.

In that case, I think Joe Biden would act as President if it happens before inauguration day, but again that's not going to happen.

Succession goes:

President (Trump)
Vice President (Pence)
House Speaker (Ryan)
President Pro Tempore of the Senate (Orrin Hatch)
Secretary of State
etc.

So if Trump and Pence could not take office, I believe Paul Ryan would become President.

I agree this is basically Pizzagate for the left until its verified. and no, 4chan arguing against it does not make it true...until it is substantiated it is doing a good job of proving both sides can be fooled by stories that confirm their worst fears about the other side. this could easily be another russian psy op

Pizzagate was about a secret satanic child sex ring ran by the Democratic Party happening in the basement of a pizza place that didn't have a basement.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Remember everyone- like Kellyanne said, don't listen to what he actually says on the record, listen to what's in his heart.

Shadybiz

Did he cancel his press conference today? Love to see his spin on this one. "A political witch hunt.", lol

What a pervert.

I will not be surprised at all if he cancels. If he does, he will likely be inaugurated before having held a press conference since before the election. Astounding.

Sou Da

Since the election started and people entered the world of "I believe whatever I want"

"I'm still a Republican, but I just want to make sure it's perfectly clear: I didn't forget that Trump called me a loser."

If he doesn't get run out of office he's going to have so many vindictive people pushing the end of their careers coming to take swings. He's probably made more enemies than any man in the history of American politics, and that's just in his own party.

Kyzer

Banned
Pizzagate was about a secret satanic child sex ring ran by the Democratic Party happening in the basement of a pizza place that didn't have a basement.

trumpgate is about Trump being a russian double agent groomed and blackmailed by the russians and having prostitutes pee on the obamas bed.

I hate Trump but some of this stuff sounds like it was written by 4chan. If some of it is fake, all of it is fake unless there is some correboration by a trusted source.

blackflag

As ducking weird as this all seems it also seems like it could really be true considering we already knew about Manafort's connections.

Succession goes:

President (Trump)
Vice President (Pence)
House Speaker (Ryan)
President Pro Tempore of the Senate
Secretary of State
etc.

So if Trump and Pence could not take office, I believe Paul Ryan would become President.

Yea, I was thinking it was different if they are removed before they are sworn in, but LoS is same in both cases.

UCBooties

I still can't wrap my head around how nothing touches this man in the eyes of his supporters.

And nothing matters! We may have elected an actual foreign plant to the Presidency and most of the reaction seems to be a shrug and "yeah, but what can you do about it?"

It just seems so bizarre. It seems like something has to give, but it never does. We just keep trucking along.

No as a percentage of posts it's tiny and often junior, and you are adding to it.
Pgate was never in the news except for that nutcase who was totally misled by it. If your news is just social media, you are in big trouble.

Dude, I've been posting in this thread since the beginning, and people have been making this comparison constantly. You have no idea what you're talking about, not to mention you totally cut out the rest of my quote making it completely out of context to what was being said.

amazing if they have this info and just sat on it. double amazing it hasn't leaked anywhere, if there is multiple video and audio recordings, given the fame of the subject and the seeming non-stop leaks around this. triple amazing when people trot out the "this is the end of him" line as if that hasn't been said dozens of times.

if they have intel that there was real treason, why not act on it, just show up and arrest him, have all the evidence all laid out, you got your search warrant ahead of time, etc. why leak it to the press? it doesnt make any sense.

People have said this a lot to, but the context behind this reasoning is that before the intelligence community wasn't investigating this from a potentially credible source. There's a context to why this is 'leaking' now, as opposed to beforehand.

Jakoo

Don't believe fake news written by some knob in his mother's basent. DO believe real news sourced from actual journalists with a history of getting things right.

This is like elementary school sourcing people. Not fucking hard.

A variety of reporters on twitter are saying that they heard about this but couldn't verify the claims. In my cursory review it seems like they are split on if they believe Buzzfeed should have released the document the way they did.

I don't doubt that 4chan is "taking credit to discredit" because /pol/ is Pro Trump. However, just because we all really want Trump to be discredited to high-heavens, that doesn't make the handling of this information wise. Buzzfeed leaking the details sets a disturbing precedent because it's signal boosting something they haven't independently verified--this is definitely something most people would shit on Breitbart or something for doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom