• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Ok yea. IF what Tapper is saying is true. Shit just got real.

Also yea guys this is SOOOO MUCH like pizzagate right?Pizzagate was propagated by bullshit and trolls.

This is the intelligence community. They don't get their info from 4chan. and if they did they have sources to investigate this shit. They say their sources are credible. It's just a matter of verifying this stuff.

Sure the golden showers shit is a bit much. But any ties to Russia IMO need to be taken very seriously. The allegations amount to very high treason.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I still can't wrap my head around how nothing touches this man in the eyes of his supporters.

And nothing matters! We may have elected an actual foreign plant to the Presidency and most of the reaction seems to be a shrug and "yeah, but what can you do about it?"

It just seems so bizarre. It seems like something has to give, but it never does. We just keep trucking along.
It's a report that is very hard to verify and source. You're acting like not trusting it until additional information comes out is a bad thing

royalan

This is all so crazy it feels like the Left's Pizzagate equivalent. Except there's enough existing worries about Trump's relations with Russia to give this all an air of plausibility. With all the claims of this being a 4chan hoax, I don't even know what to believe anymore.

Nope. I see through all this alt-right. Not today, Satan. Not today.

Obfuscation, Obfuscation, Obfuscation.

Think want you want about the prior actions of US and UK intelligence agencies, but there is a LOT MORE due diligence applied to claims like this by those agencies than anything resembling fake news. This is nothing at all like Pizzagate (which, let me remind everyone, was born from LITERALLY. NOTHING). If absolutely nothing else (and there seems to be a lot else), there's a shit ton of circumstantial evidence that lends some weight to these reports. Everyone's been commenting all year about Trump's strange relationship with Russia -- from his constant praise of Putin (even when under direct scrutiny for it), to men like Manafort with known ties to Russian oligarchs suddenly "volunteering" to work for the Trump campaign, to language about Crimea being the ONLY thing his campaign removed from the Republican platform, to his constant handwaving of Russia's involvement in the hacking of the DNC and Wikileaks even when we knew he was being briefed on this by Intelligence. May look just slightly strange when examined piece-by-piece. But put the puzzle together, this was never just about fanboyism.

This is nothing at all like Pizzagate. The constant comparison is dumb-as-fuck at BEST, and suspicious at worst. Just stoppit, people.

Looks like NBC News has just debunked the report.

I'm paraphrasing, but they said they spoke to a senior intelligence official who was involved with briefing Trump said that the 2 page appendix on this report was never actually given to the Trump team. The intelligence agencies briefed Trump orally and never handed them the documents that contained the 2 page appendixes. And the reason they included the two page appendix was to demonstrate an example of "unvetted disinformation" and compare it with information that is actually vetted.

So it seems at least for now the US intelligence agencies are saying the report is bunk. Trump might have dodged a bullet if the intelligence agencies release an official statement saying the same thing.

Gattsu25

Banned
Can someone translate that for me? I read different and it seems like a body double or something lol.

Jake Tapper: Trump's Michael Cohen was not in Prague. A different Michael Cohen was (born the same year but don't share the same birthday). Media needs to not dive into the specifics until those specifics are confirmed. Should be careful with the press conference today.

I still can't wrap my head around how nothing touches this man in the eyes of his supporters.

And nothing matters! We may have elected an actual foreign plant to the Presidency and most of the reaction seems to be a shrug and "yeah, but what can you do about it?"

It just seems so bizarre. It seems like something has to give, but it never does. We just keep trucking along.

Well, tell people exactly what they want to hear, and you can get a lot of slavish devotion. But I do agree, the level of which it's come for Trump is really unsettling. Really shows just how gullible and ignorant a large part of the voting base in this country is.

Kyzer

Banned
Ok yea. IF what Tapper is saying is true. Shit just got real.

Also yea guys this is SOOOO MUCH like pizzagate right?Pizzagate was propagated by bullshit and trolls.

This is the intelligence community. They don't get their info from 4chan. and if they did they have sources to investigate this shit. They say their sources are credible. It's just a matter of verifying this stuff.

Sure the golden showers shit is a bit much. But any ties to Russia IMO need to be taken very seriously. The allegations amount to very high treason.

the specific allegations are of unverifiable accuracy and the specific contents of the presentation to trump are unknown. its like pizzagate because its batshit crazy and theres a large swathe of people excited to whip up a frenzy because they hate trump and want these things/already believe these things to be true.

I'm paraphrasing, but they said they spoke to a senior intelligence official who was involved with briefing Trump said that the 2 page appendix on this report was never actually given to the Trump team. The intelligence agencies briefed Trump orally and never handed them the documents that contained the 2 page appendixes. And the reason they included the two page appendix was to demonstrate an example of "unvetted disinformation" and compare it with information that is actually vetted.

So it seems at least for now the US intelligence agencies are saying the report is bunk. Trump might have dodged a bullet if the intelligence agencies release an official statement saying the same thing.

Speechless. Just kill me now. We are so fucked.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual

Aw, shit. Off to bed for me.

Everyone should remember this is all unverified. This is why I wouldn't get my hopes up over the BBC reporting of audio/tapes because it sounds like they are just repeating what we already know from the unverified documents. Which is that this is something that Russia may or may not have.

Yeah expect a lot of backfire now

JohnsonUT

the specific allegations are of unverifiable accuracy and the specific contents of the presentation to trump are unknown. its like pizzagate because its batshit crazy and theres a large swathe of people excited to whip up a frenzy because they hate trump and want these things/already believe these things to be true.
Stop with the disinformation.

kaskade

And the clusterfuck begins.

The way this is being handled is positively noxious and has the potential to fireback like nothing else.

That's why this get's me nervous. If the whole thing get's debunked it's just going to fuel the Trump supporters hatred for the media.

Obviously the outlets said they wouldn't publish this stuff because they couldn't verify so they did cover themselves. I hope something true comes out of it though.

Dude Abides

Banned
people talking about trump seeing golden showers from prostitutes as if its something they always knew to be true in their heart of hearts are just expressing confirmation bias with no evidence because they dislike trump. pizzagate.

Except nobody is really doing that so your post is kinds dumb.

Boke1879

No it's not like pizzagate.

Pizzagate didn't involve government officials contacting their sources for this sort of info that could be real. Pizzagate was just propagated by bullshit.

How can they say the 2 page appendix was never given to Trump, then say it was given to Trump for a specific reason? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Also doesn't debunk anything. You have a link?

UberTag

Since when the fuck did people, especially here, start believing what comes out of 4chan, let alone the idea that they're masters of espionage able to get an intelligence agency (agencies built on combing through BS) to present the president and president elect with this synopsis?
Here's a tip... the people actively spreading this misinformation don't believe it themselves. They're just trying to distract, deflect and troll.

Tarkus

Any links?

Ozorov

And the clusterfuck begins.

The way this is being handled is positively noxious and has the potential to fireback like nothing else.

Yeah if there's no proof what so ever on Trump etc. This will not end so good for some. And Trump will probably play this in his hand very well if so.

It's hard to call it equivalent when this is being talked about in public by legit people, whereas pizzagate is 100% based on unqualified knobs on the internet coming to conclusions based on spurious (at best) evidence of "something".

But I agree that I'm not inclined to put much stock in this yet. It feels too "good" to be true.

Another way you can tell is that one involved someone shooting up a pizza joint because the basement was being used as an underground passage to smuggle children when said building does not have a basement.

This guy sounds like the idiots, 4channers, trolls, etc that are plastering the twitter feed of reporters and the like who are talking about it. One twitter posted a picture I guess from Anonymous of the fact that Hillary Clinton got donations from foreign entities and questioning Russia influencing the election. Their feed then goes on about how this news is trending on twitter with no basis of fact (debatable) while pizzagate was banned and had evidence (flat out wrong AND dangerous as I mentioned). Of course then the rest of it is about Neoliberals being in power and ruining the world, right and alt right articles about it being bad to go after Russia, and stuff from RT and other alt right, Russian controlled, etc sites saying how Clinton and the DNC conspired to steal the election from Bernie, etc. Honestly, this election has reconfirmed how terrifying the world is with misinformation, a lack of knowledge, etc.

Kyzer

Banned

"This is NOTHING like pizzagate it was CONFIRMED by INTELLIGENCE!"

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Except nobody is really doing that so your post is kinds dumb.
Sure they are. People are dogpiling anyone doubting the veracity of the report in this thread right now and calling them alt-right.

NBC is backing away from it. NPR refused to run it. But it hurts Trump so everyone here is taking it as 100% gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom