• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if the trump team is implicated? There are some serious allegations.
If shit goes down before he is inaugurated, the election would have to be redone I assume.

As others have said, there is no way to "re-do" an election. There are clear lines of succession in the very unlikely case Trump's entire team is sent packing.

In that case, I think Joe Biden would act as President if it happens before inauguration day, but again that's not going to happen.

Grug

I'm almost tempted to break a 4 year drought of not visiting 4chan to witness the cognitive dissonance in action but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Last I checked Trump is about to enter office with a 37% approval rating. If it gets even worse as a result of this...

Is this unprecedented? Being this unpopular as you take office?

Yeah, I think he has the lowest approval rating in history of an incoming President Elect

That is impossible. There's no functionality in the Constitution for redoing a presidential election.

It's not like we're sitting on a mountain of legal precedent for dealing with a president-elect committing multiple, sustained acts of treason including ones that could have substantially influenced his own election.

There's no playbook for this in the unlikely event it's actually proven to a degree where prosecution can be pursued.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Even if nothing concrete comes from the Buzzfeed report, at minimum Trump has just been knee capped for at least the next year or so.

Unless the FBI can investigate and release a statement that everything in the Buzzfeed article is categorically false, this will be a murky cloud that will hang over Trump. Liberals will assume the report is true and distance themselves even further from Trump. I would imagine a good chunk of Independents would also join them. Establishment and moderate Republicans will become nervous about carrying water for Trump because at any moment some audio or video could emerge, which could bring everything down.

If the leak was orchestrated by the CIA as revenge against Trump, then it was pure genius. As I said, if the Trump Team wants to get beyond this then they need to get the FBI to investigate and completely debunk it publicly.

Personally I'm not sure what to believe. The Buzzfeed report would explain a lot of Trump's behavior. I read the whole report and wow... But I guess I'm still in denial that we could have possibly elected a President who is compromised by Russian spies. Just a little too unreal for me....
They're kind of cornered - if he denies links to Russia people will just produce the mountains of evidence that he actually has them. Video and audio evidence from multiple sources allegedly exists, and so many on his team have links to Russia of their own, including Kellyannes own husband visiting the Russian embassy. It's not a good look. He's fucked either way on an integrity level, but we'll see how it affects him.

petran79

Banned
Off topic but my mother has all but moved to Serbia. We'd like for her to transition back to the US (she is a US citizen) but it'll take some time, specifically me getting a better job to support a household with an extra bedroom for her.

How likely is it that Russia would invade Serbia or that there may come a point where she may not be able to travel out due to escalations? How worried should I be?

Didnt she tell you that Russia and Serbia have close ties?

They even send them a destroyed F-117 in 1999

kaskade

It's funny/scary seeing the new reports with his reaction tweets. They read like it'd be from the onion. BUT RUSSIA SAYS IT'S NOT TRUE. Surreal shit my friends.

I agree this is basically Pizzagate for the left until its verified. and no, 4chan arguing against it does not make it true...until it is substantiated it is doing a good job of proving both sides can be fooled by stories that confirm their worst fears about the other side. this could easily be another russian psy op

The source(s) are well known in the intelligence community.

Their not going to get played like this, and there are more than enough Russian connections with Trump's people, family and otherwise, that this story is more than likely true.

RM8

I agree this is basically Pizzagate for the left until its verified. and no, 4chan arguing against it does not make it true...until it is substantiated it is doing a good job of proving both sides can be fooled by stories that confirm their worst fears about the other side. this could easily be another russian psy op
Was pizzagate initiated by government and intelligence officials? Like, regardless of what is actually happening, the comparison is terrible.

Gutek

Can we please stop with the 4chan nonsense until a journalist or US intelligence official uses those words in connection with this?

chadskin

C15U2rxXUAI9I4O.jpg

Did Pizzagate have the freaking intelligence chiefs meeting with Obama and Trump? The places running with the story aren't saying everything is 100% confirmed at all, just that this information is being investigated and could be credible, as apparently the source originally backing this up has been deemed credible

yami4ct

Last I checked Trump is about to enter office with a 37% approval rating. If it gets even worse as a result of this...

Is this unprecedented? Being this unpopular as you take office?

Both candidates had unprecedentedly low approval ratings, so for a newly elected president he's very unpopular. I'm not sure if any incumbent president has manange to hang on with lower numbers, but his unpopularity is abnormal for sure.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It's not like we're sitting on a mountain of legal precedent for dealing with a president-elect committing multiple, sustained acts of treason including ones that could have substantially influenced his own election.

There's no playbook for this in the unlikely event it's actually proven to a degree where prosecution can be pursued.
So happy to know Republicans would get to write it.

ValeYard

4chan has definitely done their damage, I haven't tried bringing any of this up to my friends cause all I expect is "It's just a 4chan hoax"

And it's not just friends. I've seen 'journalists' tweeting about it likely being a hoax. The hoax narrative is appalling considering how much people were ready to believe regarding HRC.

Sou Da

I'm almost tempted to break a 4 year drought of not visiting 4chan to witness the cognitive dissonance in action but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Don't bother, for a place that hates shills and damage control they never seem to realize when they've become the same thing.

Guevara

I wonder what Obama's doing, like is he talking to the intelligence community like:

"I'm out. This is your mess. You got us into this, you better get us out of it"

zelas

This is all so crazy it feels like the Left's Pizzagate equivalent. Except there's enough existing worries about Trump's relations with Russia to give this all an air of plausibility. With all the claims of this being a 4chan hoax, I don't even know what to believe anymore.

Intelligence agencies have been sitting on this info for weeks. It was only just made public yesterday. The same day 4chan first started talking about it. Are you having your own pizzagate with this line of thought???

Kyzer

Banned
The source(s) are well known in the intelligence community.

Their not going to get played like this, and there are more than enough Russian connections with Trump's people, family and otherwise, that this story is more than likely true.

Was pizzagate initiated by government and intelligence officials? Like, regardless of what is actually happening, the comparison is terrible.

the story originated to the public from within the press and is "supposedly" info coming from leaked intelligence. if we knew that was true this would already be a national headline. the only thing that is confirmed is that Trump was presented info that the Russians had compromising information on him. not what the contents were or any specific allegations. unless I missed something while I was asleep?

Did Pizzagate have the freaking intelligence chiefs meeting with Obama and Trump? The places running with the story aren't saying everything is 100% confirmed at all, just that this information is being investigated and could be credible, as apparently the source originally backing this up has been deemed credible

uhhh, do you not see the problem here? thats the point. its unconfirmed. this is supposedly old news and senate had seen these supposed memos and the FBI and CIA had them already as well, and decided some parts may be worth investigating. people talking about trump seeing golden showers from prostitutes as if its something they always knew to be true in their heart of hearts are just expressing confirmation bias with no evidence because they dislike trump. pizzagate.

amazing if they have this info and just sat on it. double amazing it hasn't leaked anywhere, if there is multiple video and audio recordings, given the fame of the subject and the seeming non-stop leaks around this. triple amazing when people trot out the "this is the end of him" line as if that hasn't been said dozens of times.

if they have intel that there was real treason, why not act on it, just show up and arrest him, have all the evidence all laid out, you got your search warrant ahead of time, etc. why leak it to the press? it doesnt make any sense.

? People are doing it constantly in this thread, and have been for damn near the beginning of all this.
No as a percentage of posts it's tiny and often junior, and you are adding to it.
Pgate was never in the news except for that nutcase who was totally misled by it. If your news is just social media, you are in big trouble.

Can we please stop saying that "He is DONE!". If we lived in a sane world, sure, he is probably done, but we do not live in that world anymore.

TyrantII

This is all so crazy it feels like the Left's Pizzagate equivalent. Except there's enough existing worries about Trump's relations with Russia to give this all an air of plausibility. With all the claims of this being a 4chan hoax, I don't even know what to believe anymore.

Don't believe fake news written by some knob in his mother's basent. DO believe real news sourced from actual journalists with a history of getting things right.

This is like elementary school sourcing people. Not fucking hard.

Since when the fuck did people, especially here, start believing what comes out of 4chan, let alone the idea that they're masters of espionage able to get an intelligence agency (agencies built on combing through BS) to present the president and president elect with this synopsis?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
lol so McCain got it, handed it to the FBI, and bounced

The most devastating strike, now Trump can't claim it was a witchhunt on his part since all he did was get the ball rolling

That has been said in the first report.

Trump fucked with the wrong people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom