• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Off topic but my mother has all but moved to Serbia. We'd like for her to transition back to the US (she is a US citizen) but it'll take some time, specifically me getting a better job to support a household with an extra bedroom for her.

How likely is it that Russia would invade Serbia or that there may come a point where she may not be able to travel out due to escalations? How worried should I be?

Audioboxer

Paul Wood is the BBC correspondent who has reported this. He's the current Washington correspondent and just said on News 24 that he has close ties the private company that the MI6 agent worked for (speaking to it's authenticity) and has - through an intermediary - been told by US intelligence officials that they regard the sources (note plural) and material as "credible".

All the alleged tapes/audio are said to be in FSB possession. It's also claimed that they have smear from not just his stay in Moscow but another occasion when he was in St Petersberg. Pretty damning if not confirmation.

Completely destroys the narrative that emerged of it being fake (doesn't speak to it's accuracy however clearly).

Point is if it gets to credible agencies they pretty much have to act. You don't have audio and video evidence this damning and do nothing with it. This isn't on the level of Trump bragging about sexual interactions.

This is all so crazy it feels like the Left's Pizzagate equivalent. Except there's enough existing worries about Trump's relations with Russia to give this all an air of plausibility. With all the claims of this being a 4chan hoax, I don't even know what to believe anymore.

It's hard to call it equivalent when this is being talked about in public by legit people, whereas pizzagate is 100% based on unqualified knobs on the internet coming to conclusions based on spurious (at best) evidence of "something".

But I agree that I'm not inclined to put much stock in this yet. It feels too "good" to be true.

Watched BBC news on iPlayer just now and can confirm they said the report was definitely originally compiled by a former MI6 man and when the reporter requested a comment from the CIA about the info back in November they were told the allegations are regarded as credible by the CIA. The reporter also said there are multiple recordings and videos from Moscow and St Petersburg.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
This is all so crazy it feels like the Left's Pizzagate equivalent. Except there's enough existing worries about Trump's relations with Russia to give this all an air of plausibility. With all the claims of this being a 4chan hoax, I don't even know what to believe anymore.
This is nothing like pizzagate. The CIA and FBI are involved, the leaks are described as credible, and trump has commented on them.

JohnsonUT

Off topic but my mother has all but moved to Serbia. We'd like for her to transition back to the US (she is a US citizen) but it'll take some time, specifically me getting a better job to support a household with an extra bedroom for her.

How likely is it that Russia would invade Serbia or that there may come a point where she may not be able to travel out due to escalations? How worried should I be?

Very small chance.

MUnited83

For you.
It's not a fucking 4chan hoax Jesus christ

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
The GOP are opportunists, they knew Russia was using Trump and rode the coat-tails.

If Trump is removed they will not be buddy buddy with Russia, they will absolutely keep sanctions and most likely increase them.

This isn't going to be some major save for liberals, but this is going to be a major save for Europe if Trump is removed and we hold firm with out commitments to NATO.
What happens if the trump team is implicated? There are some serious allegations.
If shit goes down before he is inaugurated, the election would have to be redone I assume.

How likely is it that Russia would invade Serbia or that there may come a point where she may not be able to travel out due to escalations?

hahahah what the fuck

Ok on the off chance that you're truly worried - 100% not likely.

RedShift

There's some stuff about an 'allied western state' passing this information to McCain, is it confirmed that was the UK? I thought I read that somewhere.

I hope that all the "4chan hoax" people are trolls spreading disinformation because I can't fathom how any person with a basic understanding of government would believe that multiple intelligence agencies could be "trolled" in this way

Like, do they think these agencies believe everything that is reported to them?

Watched BBC news on iPlayer just now and they said the report was definitely originally compiled by a former MI6 man and when the reporter requested a comment from the CIA about the info back in November they were told the allegations are regarded as credible by the CIA. The reporter also said there are multiple recordings and videos from Moscow and St St Petersburg.

Man, this is serious shit.

BowieZ

Banned
Watched BBC news on iPlayer just now and they said the report was definitely originally compiled by a former MI6 man and when the reporter requested a comment from the CIA about the info back in November they were told the allegations are regarded as credible by the CIA. The reporter also said there are multiple recordings and videos from Moscow and St St Petersburg.
The multiple recordings bit confuses me; is that merely a speculation based on the content of the leaked document, or is the existence of multiple recordings itself credible?

Even if nothing concrete comes from the Buzzfeed report, at minimum Trump has just been knee capped for at least the next year or so.

Unless the FBI can investigate and release a statement that everything in the Buzzfeed article is categorically false, this will be a murky cloud that will hang over Trump. Liberals will assume the report is true and distance themselves even further from Trump. I would imagine a good chunk of Independents would also join them. Establishment and moderate Republicans will become nervous about carrying water for Trump because at any moment some audio or video could emerge, which could bring everything down.

If the leak was orchestrated by the CIA as revenge against Trump, then it was pure genius. As I said, if the Trump Team wants to get beyond this then they need to get the FBI to investigate and completely debunk it publicly.

Personally I'm not sure what to believe. The Buzzfeed report would explain a lot of Trump's behavior. I read the whole report and wow... But I guess I'm still in denial that we could have possibly elected a President who is compromised by Russian spies. Just a little too unreal for me....

JohnsonUT

What happens if the trump team is implicated? There are some serious allegations.
If shit goes down before he is inaugurated, the election would have to be redone I assume.

Election won't be redone. The US has a well defined order of succession. Ryan would likely be president in the small chance that something comes of this.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
The concept of getting hookers to PISS IN A BED because Obama slept in it is so outrageous I think I'll just giggle uncontrollably if and when I see the video. #pleaseleak

Like a fish is equivalent to a bicycle.

Audioboxer

The multiple recordings bit confuses me; is that merely a speculation based on the content of the leaked document, or is there being multiple recordings itself a credible fact?

Uncertain, but I personally have no idea how you could have recordings of anything like what is in this document and hold onto it since November and allow Trump to be brought in as the President.

Guy should have been reeled in well before now. You have to find evidence for claims, audio and video is... as clear evidence as you can have.

pestul

So.. anyone think the hacking of Russia by Obama's intelligence in late 2016 came up with any of the new information found here?

sphagnum

Banned

They would have to go through a couple countries to get there and Serbia wasn't even part of the USSR so it's not like they'd want it back specifically. It would probably only happen in the event of a major war, so basically 0 chance.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
There's some stuff about an 'allied western state' passing this information to McCain, is it confirmed that was the UK? I thought I read that somewhere.

Yep, the UK, which explains the Russian Embassy in Britain's epic rant about a "Witch Hunt" yesterday and puts it into perspective. (Notice, that rant was published before any of this came out!)

They knew it was coming.

People keep talking about this is all crazy and like PIzzagate, but why? I mean, the golden shower stuff is super out there, but all of this connection to Russia would not be surprising at the least based on how Trump has run his campaign.

Jobbs

Banned
Even if nothing concrete comes from the Buzzfeed report, at minimum Trump has just been knee capped for at least the next year or so.

Unless the FBI can investigate and release a statement that everything in the Buzzfeed article is categorically false, this will be a murky cloud that will hang over Trump. Liberals will assume the report is true and distance themselves even further from Trump. I would imagine a good chunk of Independents would also join them. Establishment and moderate Republicans will become nervous about carrying water for Trump because at any moment some audio or video could emerge, which could bring everything down.

If the leak was orchestrated by the CIA as revenge against Trump, then it was pure genius. As I said, if the Trump Team wants to get beyond this then they need to get the FBI to investigate and completely debunk it publicly.

Personally I'm not sure what to believe. The Buzzfeed report would explain a lot of Trump's behavior. I read the whole report and wow... But I guess I'm still in denial that we could have possibly elected a President who is compromised by Russian spies. Just a little too unreal for me....

Last I checked Trump is about to enter office with a 37% approval rating. If it gets even worse as a result of this...

Is this unprecedented? Being this unpopular as you take office?

E-Cat

Watched BBC news on iPlayer just now and can confirm they said the report was definitely originally compiled by a former MI6 man and when the reporter requested a comment from the CIA about the info back in November they were told the allegations are regarded as credible by the CIA. The reporter also said there are multiple recordings and videos from Moscow and St St Petersburg.
So, I guess the (literally) million-dollar question is: who has those tapes? If it's just Russian intelligence, good luck.

Dude Abides

Banned

Unlikely. Russia and Serbia are bros from way back in the day.

Holy shit! What does he mean "one last shot" does he plan on dismantling the inteligence community after the 20th?

He will dismantle anything and anyone that opposes him.

These leaks are at least partially motivated by the intelligence community fighting to save its existence under Trump.

He made a mistake siding with Russia and Assange over them.

Kyzer

Banned

I agree this is basically Pizzagate for the left until its verified. and no, 4chan arguing against it does not make it true...until it is substantiated it is doing a good job of proving both sides can be fooled by stories that confirm their worst fears about the other side. this could easily be another russian psy op

mackattk

The only reason it is a "4chan hoax" is to remove any credibility from the story. So it will confirm the beliefs all the right-wingers or will sway people that are on the fence about this to think it is just an elaborate joke.

I already talked to a right-winger at work.. He says that it is fake but if there is any truth to it a t all the Clintons are behind it, and he fully believes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom