• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

What a twist.

It strikes me as an irresponsible thing to do though. They had to assume that it would have been severely damaging and feeding into more false narratives, even if it was played up as some kind of gotcha moment. People are still going to take news like that and roll with it.

Boke1879

This is literally what we were talking about a couple of hours ago.

This doesn't debunk CNN's original report. That Russia possibly has compromising info on Trump. Again those sources are deemed credible. It's all about verifying now.

Nothing will probably be truly verified or debunked until weeks or months from now.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

This doesn't debunk CNN's original report. That Russia possibly has compromising info on Trump. Again those sources are deemed credible. It's all about verifying now.

Nothing will probably be truly verified or debunked until weeks or months from now.
Quoting this for people who think things have been 'debunked'.

Sianos

So if I'm reading this correctly, the information was included in the report in order to give Trump an example of what bad intelligence looks like?
That certainly would explain why John McCain sent an envoy to retrieve the document from the M16 operative who compiled it and submitted it to the FBI.

Oh wait, no it doesn't, it doesn't at all.

This is about a different briefing given to Trump, notably since this dossier is thirty-five pages and the article speaks of a two page addendum.

mackattk

Hopefully they are bringing out the steaks next

Let's hope so.

UEePCfO.jpg

Can someone give cliff notes on what happened since the last time op was updated?

I don't think anything concrete has really happened. Cohen said he didn't go to Prague. NBC says that they debunked (some?) of the story, but not much more than that.

Yeah NBC most definitely has the documentation to debunk several reports from politicians, intelligence agencies, etc. to make this developing investigation pointless

so then you agree with me that this being true is not reasonable to argue for

Sure, but not by the logic in which you're using.

am I shifting the argument or are you just squirming to not have to acknowledge youre being irrational? coulda sworn you were just saying things along the line of "just cuz it sounds crazy doesnt mean its not true" and "it wouldnt be that surprising" ... excuse me for thinking you were arguing for the story being true and defending the rationale to do so

No, you're shifting the argument into 'it's not true, because it's too crazy to believe.' My argument has been the whole idea of Trump in bed with Russia would not be crazy when you look at Trump's history as outlined. It would be insane to have a President-Elect in that situation, yes, but if (keyword: if) something were to come out like that, it wouldn't be that shocking considering said history. I have never said that said history makes this 100% true, which is what you continue to try and shift towards, but said history wouldn't make it surprising to me, which is why the 'crazy' aspects of this report don't seem that crazy at the end of the day.

mlclmtckr

Banned
People are talking like this has been debunked... but we don't know anything more now than we did six hours ago.

Why you losing faith GAF?

And if an employee in any large corporation said that Mexicans are rapists, encouraged people to incite violence against people he doesn't like, and had a tape of them admitting to sexual harassment they would at minimum never work in that industry again.

And yet trump got elected!

Yeah for better or worse, Trumps racist shenigans aren't criminal, and like you said he *got elected*.

In all honesty I would much prefer we fight Trump in the streets on actual political substance than wasting time with unsubstantiated claims by the CIA grossly egagerated by elite liberal news outlets.

If the Russian govt was Wikileaks' source for the DNC/Podesta emails (which Assange denies), that's still a far cry from "hacking the election".

For the last 6 months, liberals have told us these documents are not interesting, probably fabrications, and nothing surprising anyway. Now they're saying the documents were decisive in the election results?

I'm not saying the Russian connections shouldn't be investigated, but the magnitude of the story is a huge distraction from the work we need to do to actually fight the Trump administration. Liberals don't want to do that work, hence the Russia obsession.

Trouble is folks are looking for a quick answer and jump on, well, anything to say it's verified and debunked.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That certainly would explain why John McCain sent an envoy to retrieve the document from the M16 operative who compiled it and submitted it to the FBI.

Oh wait, no it doesn't, it doesn't at all.

This is about a different briefing given to Trump, notably since this dossier is thirty-five pages and the article speaks of a two page addendum.

Wasn't the two page addendum to the briefing based on this thirty five page report? I thought that was the whole thing here.

Mawnster

Yes, people believing unverified stories with implications that are tantamount to treason and other high crimes, is crazy. And dangerous. Im not sure how you don't see that.

And yes, youre right, it is crazy. If it turned out to be true it would be crazy as fuck. Again you are reducing this report to "trump is in bed with russia", but there are crazy af specific allegations of TREASON

I don't think you're quite understanding what Lord Frieza is saying. He's not saying this isn't a bombshell as a whole. The report is crazy, of course it is. But he's also saying it's not surprising coming from a person who had obvious ties to Russia.

Also, yes, you keep shifting the argument about arguing whether the report is true or not. Lord is not discussing its veracity, he's discussing how shocking it is that Trump could be involved in all of the things written in the report.

You're not listening. Or rather, reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom