• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a hilarious night of piss jokes, but yeah, the way a lot of people picked it up and ran with it as fact only serves to make everything even worse.

Still, fun to watch Trump freak out when misinformation is going in the other direction.

riotous

Banned
So they threw false stories about both Trump and Clinton into an intelligence report...

Almost sounds like a sort of leak testing; see what information travels to the media and by who.

Kyzer

Banned
I don't think you're quite understanding what Lord Frieza is saying. He's not saying this isn't a bombshell as a whole. The report is crazy, of course it is. But he's also saying it's not surprising coming from a person who had obvious ties to Russia.

Also, yes, you keep shifting the argument about arguing whether the report is true or not. Lord is not discussing its veracity, he's discussing how shocking it is that Trump could be involved in all of the things written in the report.

You're not listening. Or rather, reading.

Im saying the same thing Ive been saying since before LF even responded to me.

How have I shifted the argument?

and how tf is Lord Frieza not saying the report isn't a bombshell? He was just saying if I paid attention to the election I would realize the report is not that crazy. IMO it seems like hes saying hes not arguing for the report being true, arguing that it COULD be true and why it actually isnt that crazy, and then claiming im shifting the argument when I argue against it, because somehow hes not really arguing for that and the wholetime was merely stating that trump has ties with russia, which I also refuted and pointed out thats not an accurate summary of the report. if all we're arguing about is whether or not Trump might have some ties to russia, ive already responded to that in one of our posts. and theres no way thats all hes saying.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Okay I think I have to exit this thread. I wish there was a way to block threads. I can feel my blood pressure rising and the huge swings in my mood with each new update. Until the CIA itself confirms anything I can't participate in this shit. I'm going to have a fucking stroke.

Jeels

Man, the way this all went down was like some impossible scenario...what's clear is there were real good guys and bad guys here and the bad guys won.

system11

Just putting this out here.

Having Trump for 4 years and voting him out is significantly better than if this dubious stack of news turns out to be true. You don't even want to go there.

kingocfs

In what world does it make sense to create a multi-page summary of fake news to exemplify to the Trump team what fake news looks like?

boiled goose

good with gravy
NBC using anonymous source here to say report is example of bad intellenge is almost worse than any issues with initial allegations.

Come the fuck on journalists. Can you verify something before reporting? This should be trivial.

Also, can the people briefed on this clarify? Where the fuck is Obama. This is a huge allegation. It has to be addressed.

mackattk

Just putting this out here.

Having Trump for 4 years and voting him out is significantly better than if this dubious stack of news turns out to be true. You don't even want to go there.

I always thought that Pence would be doing a lot of the work... With Trump here at least we have a little bit of entertainment while everything goes down in flames.

Sianos

Wasn't the two page addendum to the briefing based on this thirty five page report? I thought that was the whole thing here.

No, because as I said this document was not created internally and therefore cannot have been created internally for the purpose of training the PEOTUS on how to critically evaluate sourced because it was not created internally in the first place - it was delivered to the FBI by John McCain.

Senator McCain confirmed that he sent someone to pick that intel and gave it to the FBI. Multiple sources (BBC, CNN) confirm that the intel is credible enough to warrant further investigation. BBC even said they contacted CIA sources who say there is more than one compromising video/audio file.

Whether it was presented to Trump sounds irrelevant in the big scheme. This story won't just disappear. It doesn't matter if Cohen was in Prague. The fact that another man, with the same name and birth date, was in Prague that day - a detail that even the original report deemed as shaky - proves that, at least, this intel wasn't just created out of thin air.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Is it normal for these kind of speeches with the president to have all those big US-flags behind?

give it a few more years

i9NY5yv.jpg

ezekial45

Banned
Even if this turns out to be fake, seeing Trump react like an even more like an unstable child because of it speaks volumes about his ability to lead. He'll never live this down.

Gattsu25

Banned
And then a wave of despair strikes for a few pages until the next snippet moves the wave the other way.

"Donald Trump is DONE YES!"

one hour later

"Donald Trump PLAY US LIKE A FIDDLE"

back and forth

Are you a prophet who predicted what this "press conference" would be?

Calamari41

41 > 38
No, because as I said this document was not created internally and therefore cannot have been created internally for the purpose of training the PEOTUS on how to critically evaluate sourced because it was not created internally in the first place - it was delivered to the FBI by John McCain.

No, I'm saying that I thought the document in question was referred to in the addendum to the intelligence briefing. Not created by the FBI or CIA or whoever. It was used as one example of what bad intelligence looks like. Apparently there was similar "intel" regarding the Clinton Foundation in there as well.

End of news freedom incoming

RIP Buzzfeed who bring us other great investigatory journalism like

Create A Sandwich And We'll Reveal A Deep Truth About You
42 Products On Amazon Our Readers Are Loving Right Now
Only An Actual Genius Can Get 10/10 On This Tricky Word Game
25 Magical Wedding Photos That Will Make You Say "Wow"
Which Ice Cream Flavor Must Go?
23 Surprising Weight-Loss Tips That Are Actually Doable

truly a great loss for the public

system11

except he is already acting as if this were true... :/

Well, we shall see I suppose. The worrying thing is the group of people so caught up in being anti-Trump that they want it to be true, without even considering the ramifications for their society and world politics. It's terrifying.

Audioboxer

RIP Buzzfeed who bring us other great investigatory journalism like

Create A Sandwich And We'll Reveal A Deep Truth About You
42 Products On Amazon Our Readers Are Loving Right Now
Only An Actual Genius Can Get 10/10 On This Tricky Word Game
25 Magical Wedding Photos That Will Make You Say "Wow"
Which Ice Cream Flavor Must Go?
23 Surprising Weight-Loss Tips That Are Actually Doable

truly a great loss for the public

You Won't Believe Who Enjoys Golden Showers

She didn't violate FOIA. In fact, Colin Powell told her exactly how she could violate FOIA, and she didn't follow his advice. You know how we know she didn't violate FOIA? You can read all her SoS emails right here,

https://www.foia.gov/search.html

She also never broke any statues related to the handling of classified information. 200 FBI agent spents a year trying build a legal case against her, and came back with nothing. You're wrong.

The whole point of having a private server is to circumvent a subpoena. If you wanted private communications separate from state dept servers, you could just set up a Gmail account like practically everyone does. But those communications could be subpoena'd directly to Google.

With a private server, a prosecutor has to come to you first, which means you can "tidy up", which Clinton unequivocally did, using a tool called Bleachbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom