• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Was it the Philippines President that said majority of Americans are not intelligent?

Anyone that actually fell for this....hahaha

Umm this hasn't been debunked at all yet. You have a vague NBC source going up against a ton of other sources.

RIP Buzzfeed who bring us other great investigatory journalism like

Create A Sandwich And We'll Reveal A Deep Truth About You
42 Products On Amazon Our Readers Are Loving Right Now
Only An Actual Genius Can Get 10/10 On This Tricky Word Game
25 Magical Wedding Photos That Will Make You Say "Wow"
Which Ice Cream Flavor Must Go?
23 Surprising Weight-Loss Tips That Are Actually Doable

truly a great loss for the public

Click here to see what Buzzfeed looks like now!

We are so fucked. Conservatives control the narrative. This report was unverifiable from the beginning. The golden showers shit is just one bullet point of this report and was latched on to by people to fuck with Trump and he took the bait (see his all caps tweet a couple hours after the story broke) The narrative is now dumb liberals falling for fake news. It's ridiculous

For someone who claims to love building stuff, he sure seems to like burning bridges even more. Offending the intelligence community sounds like an especially awful move.

The whole point of having a private server is to circumvent a subpoena. If you wanted private communications separate from state dept servers, you could just set up a Gmail account like practically everyone does. But those communications could be subpoena'd directly to Google.

With a private server, a prosecutor has to come to you first, which means you can "tidy up", which Clinton unequivocally did, using a tool called Bleachbit.

Did she "clean" the server personally or did she hire a separate firm to separate the work and personal emails? Are you implicating them as well? And if she wanted to go around a subpoena why keep the server at all?

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
"It's a movement like we've never seen before..."

Uh, yeah we have?

hitler_rally_steps+large.jpg

Vixdean

The whole point of having a private server is to circumvent a subpoena. If you wanted private communications separate from state dept servers, you could just set up a Gmail account like practically everyone does. But those communications could be subpoena'd directly to Google.

With a private server, a prosecutor has to come to you first, which means you can "tidy up", which Clinton unequivocally did, using a tool called Bleachbit.

Yes, exactly, like Colin Powell told her all she had to do was use a private gmail account and instruct her staff to do the same, then just delete the emails after the fact. There would be no backups, no audits, nothing. Instead she used a personal email server that everyone in the department knew about and sent emails to the official state.gov accounts of her staff so everything was backed up on government servers. Again, you're wrong, she never tried to violate FOIA.

We are so fucked. Conservatives control the narrative. This report was unverifiable from the beginning. The golden showers shit is just one bullet point of this report and was latched on to by people to fuck with Trump and he took the bait (see his all caps tweet a couple hours after the story broke) The narrative is now dumb liberals falling for fake news. It's ridiculous

So stop falling for fake news, and start attacking Trump on substance. I know it's tricky because liberals spent the last year defending Clinton's wall st connections, Obama's drone program, and now most absurdly the valor of the CIA.

We need a strong independent left to fight Trump, not desperate elite neoliberals clinging to power after the most embarrassing political loss in generations.

Kyzer

Banned

I seriously could see it being another Russian psy op, just to further sow discord in the US

Im saying the same thing Ive been saying since before LF even responded to me.

How have I shifted the argument?

and how tf is Lord Frieza not saying the report isn't a bombshell? He was just saying if I paid attention to the election I would realize the report is not that crazy. IMO it seems like hes saying hes not arguing for the report being true, arguing that it COULD be true and why it actually isnt that crazy, and then claiming im shifting the argument when I argue against it, because somehow hes not really arguing for that and the wholetime was merely stating that trump has ties with russia, which I also refuted and pointed out thats not an accurate summary of the report. if all we're arguing about is whether or not Trump might have some ties to russia, ive already responded to that in one of our posts. and theres no way thats all hes saying.

Lol, no, he's right. That's basically all I've been saying. That the idea of Trump having ties with Russia isn't that crazy based on his history. You're the one who continuously shifted away about it making it true and whatever.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So stop falling for fake news, and start attacking Trump on substance. I know it's tricky because liberals spent the last year defending Clinton's wall st connections, Obama's drone program, and now most absurdly the valor of the CIA.

We need a strong independent left to fight Trump, not desperate elite neoliberals clinging to power after the most embarrassing political loss in generations.

That worked terribly in the election.

Guy.brush

The one guy was never actually in that country

But even if he wasn't, the "debunk" states that there might have been a passport mix up and there WAS a Michael Cohen with same birth year in prague at the time the report states.
So this is not just some BS written together. Somebody actually put in some work into this, even if this particular item doesn't check out. It kind of confirms that this has been researched.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
JFC, launch press conference with tirade over disinformation and then immediately spread disinformation yourself.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I seriously could see it being another Russian psy op, just to further sow discord in the US

Not gonna lie, I have to wonder about this---to be honest, your avatar reminds me, I still think the leak of Sun and Moon on election day (thus distracting a lot of younger folks) felt manufactured to help Trump lol.

That worked terribly in the election.

It didn't happen. The majority of Clinton's campaign against Trump was "think of the children". Look what he said about an Iraqi vet, look what he said about a beauty pageant contestant...

Clinton barely went after Trump on questions of foreign policy, economics, jobs and so on because she was also terrible on those issues.

Now she's lost, and it's up to us to take the fight to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom