• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

"It's over, just grab your ankles and take it" ~Jeffrey Lord

I've never wished for someone to get hit by a truck, but I'm getting close...

I wonder if this is all just because the "I want my side to win" mentallity or we have fallen into a very extreme form of antiprocess.

Actually I think most Trump supporters were aware of his lying and simply didn't care. It makes sense, after all, why should they put any more value in the truth than Trump himself does?

Anecdotally from some discussions with his voters, they know, but some are now cracking, (some are getting guilty, some are acting if Trump alone is at fault and divesting themselves of responsibility aka what got them to vote his vile ass in the first place a kindred soul). Granted, some of this was before this alternate reality shitshow hit so who knows now.

Heh. Doesn't say much but the next few days are going to really interesting.

The next few days/weeks scare me more than the Great Recession and 9/11 did. I don't know what to say other than that.

Soroc

I wonder of this is all just because the "I want my side to win" mentallity or we have fallen in to a very extreme form of antiprocess.

These spokespeople are just soulless POS's imo. They don't care what side of the line they are on, they just want to sell their own books and make inroads for other positions, some possibly political down the line.

I do like some of the ones that have actually served in office and are now retired though. At least they talk from experience.

On a side note, I think last night was the most unraveled I've seen Conway. I knew there was no way in hell she was going to come on the air tonight, who knows when she'll show her face again, but definitely wouldn't be holding my breath for that apology.

Z_Y

CNN should have done something before Trump won the election, like not having his mouth pieces on every single night and not calling him out more on the facts and not covering the stupid Hillary email crap right before the election.

I saw this coming. Paid professionals should have...

Preach.

Mainstream media failed us. I can't stomach any of it anymore.

XenodudeX

Anecdotally from some discussions with his voters, they know, but some are now cracking, (some are getting guilty, some are acting if Trump alone is at fault and divesting themselves of responsibility aka what got them to vote his vile ass in the first place a kindred soul). Granted, some of this was before this alternate reality shitshow hit so who knows now.

The next few days/weeks scare me more than the Great Recession and 9/11 did. I don't know what to say other than that.
Nothing to be scared of honestly. (Besides trump being president.) Nothing will come of this, at least not right now.

8cQZ0r5.jpg

Someone is doing SEO to rig google search results. They're going all out.

zethren

Banned
You should have seen some of the dumb shit he said during the two conventions.

Also, you need to see that time Lord tried to defend Trump's Curiel comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pJ5rBY0YOQ

Dude was getting bodied by liberals AND conservatives alike.

Yep. Lord is a fucking moron, and he has no business being a commentator. I get that CNN wants to have conservative voices on their panels, but Lord is his own special blend of ignorant.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
8cQZ0r5.jpg

Someone is doing SEO to rig google search results. They're going all out.

I mean, it's just hilarious how transparent this all is. They must really think people are fucking stupid. Unfortunately, they have no reason to believe otherwise after the results of this election.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Is this Paul Ryan guy a bad guy too?

Just watching CNN and them talking about repealing the ACA and he seems like he is full of shit.

I have to (Somewhat) admire on how he sidestepped the 'how can you repeal Obamacare without a replacement?"

And then goes on a tangent about how companies are pulling out (due to aspects that are directly due to Republicans putting their foot down when the Dems were trying to institute it)

We have never experienced anything like this. The electoral college was established to make sure we would never have to and that safety mechanism failed.

Its absolutely unheard of and they would most likely have to hold trial for each cabinet member or have evidence that the entire cabinet was hand picked by Russia.

During the 1946 mid-term elections, Senator Robert Taft accused President Truman of seeking a Congress “dominated by a policy of appeasing the Russians abroad and of fostering communism at home.”

To fend off such attacks from the right, President Truman in March 1947 issued an executive order creating a Federal Loyalty-Security Program. A greatly enlarged version of a program originally instituted in 1939, the program gave loyalty review boards the power to fire federal employees when “reasonable grounds” existed for belief that they were disloyal. Evidence of disloyalty included not only treasonous activities, but “sympathetic association” with a long list of organizations deemed by the Attorney General to be “Communist, fascist, or totalitarian.”

Vestal

I have a hypothetical question for people who know more about this than I do.

Suppose that enough of the information in the document can be verified to show a clear link that Trump has ties to Russia. What else could happen other than impeachment? He has already made his cabinet choices and such, and anyone he has hand-picked could also be compromised. Do we even have a course of action designed for such a scenario?

Hypothetically if this were to occur before inauguration he could be deemed unfit(the text reads not qualify) for office by Congress, at which point Mike Pence would become acting POTUS until a suitable replacement is found by Congress. (Section 3 of the 20th Amendment)

Now as far as his appointments go, they serve at the will of the President, so if he is not President then the acting President could fire them on the spot no questions asked.

I have a hypothetical question for people who know more about this than I do.

Suppose that enough of the information in the document can be verified to show a clear link that Trump has ties to Russia. What else could happen other than impeachment? He has already made his cabinet choices and such, and anyone he has hand-picked could also be compromised. Do we even have a course of action designed for such a scenario?

Nobody knows for sure. In this case, it would depend on how far the rabbit hole goes down. What's true, who's implicated, and all that fun stuff.

In the worst case scenario (For Trump), that everything in the document is true and verified, very little of the cabinet would probably be safe.

mo60

Getting the same thing to even though I don't think I have ever visited that site. Mine is not all rt but a mix of sites with a lot of rt links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom