• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I'm getting RT too (and other FUD sites below it, although I'm not sure if they're associated with Russia). This is slightly terrifying. Post-truth world here we come.

Zereta

The Comey briefing Trump thing is a non-story, in case people haven't realized that. Heads of the IC decided together that Comey would be the one to do it.

Ryzaki009

Yep, I'm getting RT too (and other FUD sites below it, although I'm not sure if they're associated with Russia). This is slightly terrifying. Post-truth world here we come.

Yep not looking bright. I've never visited RT in my life yet that went above sites I visit regularly =/

Ac30

I didn't go back and look after seeing yours but I think my result was almost exactly the same.

Should RT not be banned or something as it's Russian state propaganda?

Well I'm pretty sure RT is banned on GAF but it's freely available in the US, since it's free speech and all.

How does one do this? Botnets?

max bid, maximize relevance by having other sites talking about it.

also, even if relevance were 1 (on a 1 to 10 scale), multiplied with the bid that still gets selected when the bid is insanely high.

Basically Russia is now full-on throwing bags of money at the screen.

edit: also get rt as hits here in Europe, so yeah, they are all-out throwing that shit. Might as well release those tapes now, but clearly they want Trump to get the office somehow. He's going to be impeached within the week.

Mine was even worse with some Assage piss thrown in..

xPDpwxL.png
I get the same image. So how is Frustrated_me getting something completely different?

Vestal

I would say this shit is new thread worthy, its worrying as fuck.

I can't post it but probably someone should.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Media organizations need to get on this story ASAP.

Tuber

Eh, just throwing one more on the pile - five RT results, pro-Assange stories, and some shady stuff from another Kremlin friendly site. On mobile, Chrome on Android. Spooky.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Pretty sure this is somewhat normal, if you search for anything else it's fine, only using ODNI causes that, probably because that term isn't used in non-RT articles.

Syncytia

Well I'm pretty sure RT is banned on GAF but it's freely available in the US, since it's free speech and all.

Yeah I know it's banned as source here.

But it's straight Russian State sponsored stuff. Free speech doesn't mean anyone gets to say whatever they want, there is a line and I would think our Cold War adversary sponsoring and funding a "news" network is past that line. I know the lines are getting really fuzzy here but I mean.... Putin is very clearly anti-US and their objectives are pretty clear here.

Syncytia

Yea, altering the search gives more varied results

If I start off with "DNI" I get "DNI Russia hack" as one of the suggested searches and the results are fine. "ODNI russia" still gives some RT but better than "ODNI hacking report"

Even on DuckDuckGo I get one of the RT articles as the second result.

They just abusing SEO or what? The hell is this?

Wait, you didn't realize this before?
Why do you think people invented "alt-right" and "MSM" and other new, easily targeted and quantifiable words to begin with? This whole election season has been nothing but political SEO for a long ass time. Or at least "political" in the sense that it makes money. See Breitbart.
Now, those aren't Russia related (not directly anyway), but they do overlap in interest and that people who target 'conservatives' couldn't care less about them as long as they make money. See fake news maker guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom