• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaterTots

Banned
With this sort of info now public. It needs to be verified and if proven right. Absolutely proves treason.

I know we all say 'nothing will come of this." but I have to believe legit treason will be punished.

I agree, but we have to acknowledge that nothing could be verified. It makes me lose hope in the government if they know this to be true and not act. Overall, its just depressing.

Alebrije

C12QfkaVIAA0Dbk.jpg:large

images

slider

The press trying to verify the reporting is, I guess, very different to the intelligence community verifying it (assuming it's a real assessment paper).

Hold on, I'm caught in an infinite loop.

I'm not saying that it makes the reports 100% true, but just the fact that the intelligence agencies are looking at this and feel there's a possibility it could be real says a lot (especially so, if it's true that the FBI and Comey have had this report for some time). They have means that we do not, and many journalists do not. I'm not saying we should 100% believe this, but when you consider all of the things that have come out about Trump and Russia, and the fact this isn't just being dismissed out right says a lot.

Grug

I wonder how far back the Russian puppetry goes.

Did they make him run to begin with? There was always a huge whiff of "does he really want to be President?" even during the early primaries.

Nightbird

Buzzfeed might be in some shit here. That report is really confidential. Not to be discussed. NYT points out its a felony. They are heroes for doing it, that is if my understanding of this all is correct.

So basically if anything happens with that article it'll be confirmed real?

this is a legit question, i don't know exactly how this works

MIMIC

Banned
Buzzfeed might be in some shit here. That report is really confidential. Not to be discussed. NYT points out its a felony. They are heroes for doing it, that is if my understanding of this all is correct.

That's what I was saying. My first impression was, "Nothing in this is redacted. How the fuck did Buzzfeed get this?"

muu

If they do get in trouble that would confirm this was legit, no?

So basically if anything happens with that article it'll be confirmed real?

this is a legit question, i don't know exactly how this works

I would assume that it would be government policy to crack down on any report of supposed top secret documents that were at least being passed off as being real whether they were actually real or not to avoid the implication that censoring them indicated authenticity.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
That's what I was saying. My first impression was, "Nothing in this is redacted. How the fuck did Buzzfeed get this?"

Honestly sounds crazy but fuck it. CNN probably passed it off to them. A win win for both. CNN won't get shit for being wrong and Buzzfeed gets another plus one on the politics of their stories.

Alebrije

I wonder how far back the Russian puppetry goes.

Did they make him run to begin with? There was always a huge whiff of "does he really want to be President?" even during the early primaries.

Just follow the money , that never fails. Could be interesting to know were Trumps money is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom