• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

offshore

Yeah, twitter is amazing right now.
screenshot2017-01-11aw6s0k.png

Nightbird

I would assume that it would be government policy to crack down on any report of supposed top secret documents that were at least being passed off as being real whether they were actually real or not to avoid the implication that censoring them indicated authenticity.

Oh yeah, that makes sense.

Russia may start leaking what they have, I think. I expect things to start developing rapidly.

Nothing will happen honestly. This will get swept under the rug along with everything else he did because the powers that be will keep the true "smoking gun" from coming out.

With that being said, in the likely chance that he doesn't get impeached and that this is all true, I am really afraid for the future.

Apollo

Banned
it doesn't matter if the shower was on him or in front of him...he's a germophobe and if you know anything about germophobes they wouldn't even be in the same room with ppl doing some shit like that. Nor be in the same room with a bunch of dirty prostitutes...story is straight fake just like pizzagate. Hell story is coming from a a former British intelligence official anyways. It's fake. CNN is about to go down with all their nonsense they been reporting lately.

Goodstyle

His actions towards Russia will be heavily observed from now on. Every time he makes a Pro-Putin decision (especially w/ regard to Ukraine or NATO) it will encourage people to think that all allegations - while unverifiable - must be true.

This is utterly meaningless. Repubs are growing warmer and warmer towards Russia as Trump shows his love for them. They'll believe anything he says, do whatever he wants. If there is no smoking gun, then this report is nothing more than a cute distraction.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Nothing will happen honestly. This will get swept under the rug along with everything else he did because the powers that be will keep the true "smoking gun" from coming out.

With that being said, in the likely chance that he doesn't get impeached and that this is all true, I am really afraid for the future.

Nope. either gets investigated and disproven, or investigated and proven, or made credible.

It doesn't just "go away."

Also read the story of the Little Dutch Boy and the Dyke.

Milchmann

Buzzfeed might be in some shit here. That report is really confidential. Not to be discussed. NYT points out its a felony. They are heroes for doing it, that is if my understanding of this all is correct.

The document on Buzzfeed is not the summary by the intelligence agencies. The content is probably the same though.

This is all false hope.

They're just going to deny anything.

Also, if this was an active investigation, its compromised now?

That's what I was saying. My first impression was, "Nothing in this is redacted. How the fuck did Buzzfeed get this?"

Some of it is redacted at the end of it

Kurt Eichenwald ‏@kurteichenwald 4m4 minutes ago

Whats weird -- reporters went nowhere on Russia pre-election. Now they are going further than my foreign intel sources say is true.

mj1108

Buzzfeed might be in some shit here. That report is really confidential. Not to be discussed. NYT points out its a felony. They are heroes for doing it, that is if my understanding of this all is correct.

Holllleeee shit, then that would mean the report is legit.

Trump:
nothing-to-see-here.gif

Piss puns everywhere. A torrent of them, really.

I guess this is what happens when you piss off intelligence. Or, I mean, piss on them.

I'm bad at this.

Nothing in the 35 page memo is confidential - it was conducted by a private intelligence gathering operation, commissioned as oppo researchers for Trump's opponents (Hillary and Republicans alike). And it's been circulating widely among media, politicians, and intelligence communities (ours and others) for a while now.

The only reason it wasn't published earlier is because media outlets won't run bombshell allegations like this without confirmation. Buzzfeed finally pulled the trigger because the cat was out of the bag with CNN's report, and they decided it was in the public interest to know the content of the allegations.

Wallach

Why? They want Trump to be sworn in

Because it is going to be impossible by the time he has any power to leverage him to real benefit for Russia, like having the sanctions softened. The other main goal here is to destabilize the US, which is just as easily accomplished by wrecking the transition to a new President.

Goodstyle

Trump can literally piss in the mouths of the American people, tell them its rain, and they'll believe it. This is a report guys! Wait for something concrete.

i-Lo

Can someone explain what's the point of cultivating him for 5 years given the fact that he was considered to be a joker candidate at the very beginning? Of course his value understandably became greater after he slowly started to look like he had some amount of real chance.

So wouldn't this mean that they have been cultivating other possible candidates for the same purpose and Trump is the only one who was successfully able to go the farthest?

Raven117

This report actually alleges treason on the part of Trump's team, it says they passed info on Russian oligarchs in the US to Putin and they were in communication during the campaign. That they were getting intel on Trump's political rivals from Putin. Also that they had more than just a hand in the DNC hack.

There's also the bribery, but that's only a single mention.

I read it. Are you saying I'm denying it? (Just curious why you quoted me...)

Never saw the word treason being used.

Just so we can all learn together:

18 U.S.C. Section 115 states

"Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

If all this is true (may or may not be), the CIA and the FBI (and perhaps most importantly, an independent prosecutor appointed by Congress) need to investigate how deep this goes.

Alucrid

Banned
it doesn't matter if the shower was on him or in front of him...he's a germophobe and if you know anything about germophobes they wouldn't even be in the same room with ppl doing some shit like that. Nor be in the same room with a bunch of dirty prostitutes...story is straight fake just like pizzagate. Hell story is coming from a a former British intelligence official anyways. It's fake.

i don't understand why you're denigrating sex workers like that. pretty dickish of you.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Nothing in the 35 page memo is confidential - it was conducted by a private intelligence gathering operation, commissioned as oppo researchers for Trump's opponents (Hillary and Republicans alike). And it's been circulating widely among media, politicians, and intelligence communities (ours and others) for a while now.

The only reason it wasn't published earlier is because media outlets won't run bombshell allegations like this without confirmation. Buzzfeed finally pulled the trigger because the cat was out of the bag with CNN's report, and they decided it was in the public interest to know the content of the allegations.

Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom