• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValeYard

With all the alleged ties to Russia, I'm wondering how long we can expect it to take before anything is (dis)proven. I'm concerned because I get the feeling the heat is dying down a bit, although, if any of the Russian ties regardless of the fetish crap is true, Trump should definitely not become president, at all. He's already starting to try and destabilise the EU, giving interviews to questionable figures from GB and Germany.

Does anyone else get the feeling this thing is stalling? Is it just the weekend slump?

With all the alleged ties to Russia, I'm wondering how long we can expect it to take before anything is (dis)proven. I'm concerned because I get the feeling the heat is dying down a bit, although, if any of the Russian ties regardless of the fetish crap is true, Trump should definitely not become president, at all. He's already starting to try and destabilise the EU, giving interviews to questionable figures from GB and Germany.

Does anyone else get the feeling this thing is stalling? Is it just the weekend slump?

It's quiet because nobody's leaking anything

Nafai1123

Banned

It's not stalling, it's just these things take time and we want stuff to happen before he gets inaugurated. Chances are nothing substantial will happen before that takes place, just gotta accept it and hope that they get to the bottom of this eventually.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

There will be senate intelligence investigation into Trump's team.
There will be a DOJ investigation into Comey.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

They called for a investigation on Friday. It is a holiday weekend and no one is leaking anything. It takes time. When stuff does get leaked out it tends to be around 5ish.

Trump will become President, barring some Earthshattering revelation. The course of action is to keep resisting and supporting watchdogs and investigations that come from the outside of the executive like Congress. Also FOIA suits and legal action. It's not going to be quick or easy but it will require effort until it becomes undeniable.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I wonder what the IRS agent on Trump's file is doing. I wonder what the IRS as a whole make of this.

How much inter-communication is there with the IRS and outside agencies? I mean, you gotta figure a whole host of people have been reading his returns for years, and what's come of it?

jstripes

Banned
I wonder what the IRS agent on Trump's file is doing. I wonder what the IRS as a whole make of this.

How much inter-communication is there with the IRS and outside agencies? I mean, you gotta figure a whole host of people have been reading his returns for years, and what's come of it?

"I wish I'd gotten into a different line of work."

cackhyena

I just wish the Intel agencies could say " hand over your goddamned tax returns right now. It's that serious and you don't have a choice."

drspeedy

No. I don't think we can assume at this point that he is a reality tv star that wants to keep being famous. Everything he is doing points that he is a puppet of Russia, or at the very least, he will act in their best interest for his own reasons.

Not related to your post, but also, I will never shut up about Trump being president. This whole, he won get over it attitude is not something I will accept. It's true that likely nothing will be done and he will be president for the next 4 years at least, but Dems should make the presidency of a fascist and Russian puppet as miserable as they possibly can.

I agree, I don't think we should shut up about the BS and craziness that's coming our way... but there's a lot of people that are going to get very rich -and not just in the US, mind you- by keeping this guy in office as long as possible.

And I'll restate every time I can: We really should be worried about Pence and his influence on the party/office/GOP platform. Dude's Palpatine...

Caja 117

Imagine if the IRS agent that handles Trump file is a Trump supporter...

ValeYard

Thanks for the info in the answers to my post. The uncertainty is even worse than it would be to have it all disproven and seeing how he actually acts as president. But if any of it's true, it's up there with Putin's most brazen, and maybe desperate moves to cast the world order according to His vision.

I just can't understand how people like Michael Gove and Kai Diekmann can do obsequious interviews with Trump with this stuff hanging in the air. Oh wait, they're Gove and Diekmann. Apropos, this appeared in my twitter timeline on Diekmann. It's from his wikipedia page on a lawsuit he filed on the 'penis case.'

Kai Diekmann sued the Berlin daily Die Tageszeitung, after, on 8 May 2002, the paper's satire page "Die Wahrheit" (The Truth) claimed that he had sought an operation to use parts of corpses to enlarge his allegedly extremely small penis. Diekmann sued the paper for 30,000 Euro in damages for illegal violations of his privacy as well as libel and defamation of character. A Berlin court ruled that there was indeed negligence on the part of the newspaper, but denied the monetary compensation demanded by Diekmann saying that, as editor of Bild, he "consciously seeks economic advantage from the violation of others' privacy" and therefore "is less heavily burdened by the violation of his own privacy," and furthermore that he should "assume that those standards that he lays on others are also of importance for himself."[4] An appeal against the ruling was given no chance of success by the higher court and both sides withdrew their appeals.

Part of me thinks the IC may already have evidence, but are figuring out the best way to proceed with it. It may not be so simple as rolling up to Trump tower and arresting him. Not only do they have to deal with the legality of it, they also have to deal with the fallout with Russia.

Pbae

So I was discussing with a friend the Wednesday Trump press conference and one thing that stood out between both of us was where he lambasted the 'fake' news and said his team was going to get to the bottom of it in 90 days.

That 90 days part was interesting because it coincided with the end of the initial sanctions on Russia and it was such a specific amount of time to refute your naysayers.

Obama extended the sanctions some time after the presser right? Asking since I'm on mobile.

Was wondering if anyone could help.

I've been searching for the but since this thread moves so fast I can't seem to find the link stating that President Obama extends Russian sanctions for Crimea by an additional year.

FyreWulff

Part of me thinks the IC may already have evidence, but are figuring out the best way to proceed with it. It may not be so simple as rolling up to Trump tower and arresting him. Not only do they have to deal with the legality of it, they also have to deal with the fallout with Russia.

In theory

IN THEORY

it's easier to deal with Trump once he's sworn in than as a private citizen. Impeachment doesn't work exactly like a regular trial so Congress can make any part of the proceedings private. They could go into a private session, all agree to come out with a majority, then come back out of it and vote publically to remove him.

Also he can't use "NATIONAL SECURITY" loopholes against Congress, because of their ability to have off the record proceedings.

BlitzKeeg

I just wish the Intel agencies could say " hand over your goddamned tax returns right now. It's that serious and you don't have a choice."

Me too. It's obvious that his dealings are a national security issue and this is one of the easiest ways to prove it. At least give the IC access to the information that comes from the IRS audit.

I don't understand how we can elect a president without these kinds of background checks in place. Do we seriously have no way to stop someone who could be working in conjunction with another nation?

I thought when you were elected everything would have to be laid out on the table for at least the IC to see.

Oh,
Sorry I didn't know this is a place reserved for people who blindly agree with each other.

I see you bothered compiling my previous posts ... somehow fulfilling something...I admire your achievements...lol

Did the poster say you can't post here or that it is only for people who agree with other? No, the poster didn't.

It's nice knowing your history. The post you quoted is very helpful. I now know that no matter what happens you'll always side with Russia.

Nafai1123

Banned
Isn't part of what the NSA collects personal financial data? If so I would imagine any investigation going on already has Trumps financial records.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Oh,
Sorry I didn't know this is a place reserved for people who blindly agree with each other.

I see you bothered compiling my previous posts ... somehow fulfilling something...I admire your achievements...lol

He didn't point out your posts because we all have to blindly agree. He pointed out your posts because you are full of shit. Big difference.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
You're not really following my argument but I'll bite anyways. You want me to list peoples names? Theyre in here, read the thread. They most certainly want the report to stop him from being elected, and are outraged that it isn't.
What am I missing? You originally came in to the thread and started painting the members of the forum in broads strokes with your claim that they weren't as rational or as skeptical as you gave them credit before, even though this report has been around for months and been discussed by this forum several times in the past and then consigned each time as largely unsubstantiated and unactionable in its current state. That there are people at this point wishing for a way to stop him from entering the office of president and hoping this report has the power to do that, is hardly irrational. That doesn't change the fact that by and large this forum has properly consigned this report as unactionable without proper verification and continues to do so.

Call me crazy but somehow I think Russia and Trump illegally obtaining and exchanging information with each other and them grooming him for 8+ years and blackmailing him with sex tapes of golden showers on the Obamas beds and working in secret to destroy NATO and brush the Ukraine incident under the rug and become President of the USA is pretty impactful, maybe im naive...
You're not really following my argument if you think I was saying that wouldn't be impactful. I'm just saying the alternative is equally impactful and you'd be naive to think otherwise. A man like Trump, even without the allegations of Russian ties, should be just as frightening to someone like yourself who is supposedly so concerned about what happens if we act on unsubstantiated claims. EVERYTHING he does is based on unsubstantiated claims. EVERYTHING he does is based on distorting reality to best suit his rampant narcissism. Is this forum really not rational and skeptical enough for you if they don't want that in power?

rokkerkory

Oh,

Are you Russian or something? Serious question.

want to understand your view point

Me too. It's obvious that his dealings are a national security issue and this is one of the easiest ways to prove it. At least give the IC access to the information that comes from the IRS audit.

I don't understand how we can elect a president without these kinds of background checks in place. Do we seriously have no way to stop someone who could be working in conjunction with another nation?

I thought when you were elected everything would have to be laid out on the table for at least the IC to see.

Up until 2016, almost every candidate for President has released their tax returns as tradition for the last few decades so nobody thought making a legal requirement as law would be necessary. Depending on how this situation goes, I believe that might (and should) change.

Oh,

Does the Kremlin pay you an hourly wage to troll for Russia online or are you paid per post?

Durden77

I thought a mod made it clear a while back to stop these post history posts and actually concern yourselves with the current activity of the thread and the topic at hand.

BlitzKeeg

Up until 2016, almost every candidate for President has released their tax returns as tradition for the last few decades so nobody thought making a legal requirement as law would be necessary. Depending on how this situation goes, I believe that might (and should) change.

Assuming we make it out of his term alive, this is probably the only good thing that will come from Trump's presidency. Major work to make sure we never get another president like him. Which not only includes forcing candidates to release tax returns, but also forcing them to confirm their cabinet before election, and receiving a full background check by the Intelligence Community. Also, if everything goes spectacularly, abolishing the electoral college.

We can no longer take precedents for granted, because clearly they can be easily ignored.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Which not only includes forcing candidates to release tax returns, but also forcing them to confirm their cabinet before election, and receiving a full background check by the Intelligence Community. Also, if everything goes spectacularly, abolishing the electoral college.

That sounds ideal. I can think of no way any of these ideas could be abused.

FyreWulff

Interestingly other nations with more of an "official opposition" like we originally had in fact have a pre selected cabinet, etc. Britain calls theirs the Shadow Cabinet.

It'd probably be harder in the US since nobody wants to be known to be on a shortlist but never selected, due to our culture of pride and shit

Just to show that one of the countries:
  • beheads and flogs people on the streets,
  • is believed to be the main spreader of Wahhabism
  • bans women from driving without a man
  • is currently bombing Yemen unrelentlessly
  • Accuses the rape victims of impropriety
AND is a donor to the Clinton foundation.

I wonder how many people questioned those donations on here?

Oh no a donor to a well respected charity? Totally the same as Trump sucking on Putin's dick like a fucking lollipop.

Also Trump has actually done business with the saudis, so if anyone is way to approving of Saudi Arabia, it's Trump.

Caja 117

• Punishes Gays with execution

Are you suggesting that by taking this Donation, it was actually the Saudis controlling HC so when she became president her agenda would had included things that would had facilitated the proliferation of the things you have cited here? and are you suggestion that the Implication on an unhinged Nuclear superpower like Russia is not bad?

And WTF does Hillary have to do with the thread topic? why does she gets brought up when she has become irrelevant to the current landscape?

Gamergate also gives to charity.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Do you (and all those "but but Hillary" posters) realize Hillary Clinton lost the election? This isn't Clinton VS Trump anymore, this deflection doesn't work now.

So, if Saudi Arabia has internal humanitarian problems, is it smart to turn down their donations to charities? "Oh sorry poor starving Syrian orphan, your benefactors abuse human rights, and we couldnt accept the warm blankets they offered so you have to sleep in cold."

Nafai1123

Banned
Yeah, let's compare a million dollar contribution to charity to lifting sanctions on a country, thereby allowing companies like Exxon who Trump owns stock in to open up mining contracts worth half a trillion dollars. Exactly the same, right?

Do you (and all those "but but Hillary" posters) realize Hillary Clinton lost the election? This isn't Clinton VS Trump anymore, this deflection doesn't work now.

When someone knows that their own side has such serious problems that they have to resort to whataboutism to defend it, then it's time to question whether their side is worth supporting at all.

UberTag

Pretty much this. The debate is now Trump vs. Pence/Ryan.
If Trump is removed from office because of his ties to Russia, one of those two men will take over the presidency.

Drudging up anything to do with Hillary/Obama and things they may or may not have done is deflecting the discussion.

BlitzKeeg

That sounds ideal. I can think of no way any of these ideas could be abused.

You get to the real root of the problem here. It's important that these remain precedents because having it all done willingly instead of making it part of the process allows less room for outside interference and exploitation. The problem then comes from the American people not caring that these precedents are not followed.

The fact that so many Americans are willing to overlook the fact that Trump hasn't released is tax returns and indicated that he would not concede if he had lost the election is terrifying. He's already ignored enough of the precedents that act as the foundation of US democracy, but nobody cares.

If US citizens actually cared and were paying attention they would not have voted for a president who is a threat to our national security. So if the only way to make people care, or to protect us from a president like this, is to make what used to be precedents mandatory, then it's in the nation's best interest.

It's terrifying that we've been put in this position.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

This thread is about Trump, not Hillary.

Are you suggesting that by taking this Donation, it was actually the Saudis controlling HC so when she became president her agenda would had included things that would had facilitated the proliferation of the things you have cited here? and are you suggestion that the Implication on an unhinged Nuclear superpower like Russia is not bad?

And WTF does Hillary have to do with the thread topic? why does she gets brought up when she has become irrelevant to the current landscape?
Have to blame someone right? It's always those damn emails!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom