• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Not having heard of any subpoenas being given out yet is disappointing.
The senate intelligence committee does have subpoena powers for this investigation. I am not sure its something we should be hearing about at this point. Has the investigation even started?

C2TQ7JSVEAAlX8D.jpg

he isnt even president yet

"THE END"

Truly feels like it is the countdown to the end of the world.

Time for CNN to play this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JnfAr_YSxs

Bold One

THIS!!!
I would never vote Trump in a million years but that doesn't mean my hatred for what he stands for is so debilitating that i lose all sense of critical thinking.

Just look at the way people swallowed that Buzz feed leak without any critique. The same people would then deride people that believe the recent Pizzagate rubbish. (2 sides...)

The people up in arms about Russian influence are not so up in arms about AIPAC influence.
Same with Wikileaks, it was ok when they leaked damaging info about the victims Bush's war on terror but all of a sudden Wikileaks is bad because of the podesta leak.

Oh man, the whatabouteries have reached fever pitch, any straight thinking adult should be able to discern objectively cataclysmic actions from your run of the mill political fuckery.

Trump is not a normal occurrence, he is a dangerous and toxic anomaly...I'm not going to waste energy on a long ass post I'm just going to roll my eyes

CY3lMMn.gif

ZOONAMI

And you dont see anything wrong with this in a democracy???
I swear i would've seen something like this on a right wing message board not too long ago!!!

Is this message not implying CIA going against both houses and the executive??? I thought CIA acting like this would set a precedent that is not good for anyone?

When the Russians have undermined our democracy by interfering in our elections and installed putins trumpuppet, the CIA are acting in the best interests of our democracy by not allowing a compromised president to lift Russian sanctions. Public opinion is also not pro lifting Russian sanctions.

Yes I know this isn't a direct democracy but most of the US would rather the CIA work in our best interests instead of handing over the keys to this trump travesty.

It's literally - oh hey Russia interefered with out election.

Trump who benifited from interference - lets lift all of Russia's of sanctions ASAP.

It's clear you are delusional.

akira28

guys im really worried about the current state of critical thinking in America

why can't people just accept Trump? We're all becoming Trump Truthers!!

I don't believe they've released the list of people they're going to question yet. They'll only subpoena if they refused to be quesioned.

Ah that's true. I was thinking more about subpoenas for tax records and things like that.

The senate intelligence committee does have subpoena powers for this investigation. I am not sure its something we should be hearing about at this point. Has the investigation even started?

I assumed it started immediately from when they announced it Friday.

What are you talking about!!!

Trump is trash, Trump is Putin's bitch, Trump loves golden showers.

LETS IMPEACH HIM AND KEEP TRYING UNTIL THE NEXT ELECTION!!!

Don't you have pizzagate to follow up on? Aren't you at all curious to why pizzagate is not being taken seriously? You should go find out and report back.

rjinaz

I swear i would've seen something like this on a right wing message board not too long ago!!!

Is this message not implying CIA going against both houses and the executive??? I thought CIA acting like this would set a precedent that is not good for anyone?

Still throwing that crap around? Say it again when people here are throwing around the N word, calling Trump a Muslim (a slur they think), or using words like libtard unironically.

Your agenda is clear.

Ac30

I think you need to sit down for a bit and collect your thoughts. Yes, some people are taking it too far, but as many others have said Trump is *not* your regular Republican and is making moves that will radically shift world power in ways we haven't seen for decades; it's understandable that people are worried, and people's worries manifest in many ways.

rjinaz

That's true judged by his own words and actions. That's true too judged by his own words and actions. That may not be true and doesn't really matter in the end.

I'm not sure if we can impeach Trump or not yet. If there is no evidence he won't be. I'll still hope for it though. I don't like the man as president, I think he is dangerous.

avaya

Last I heard the FSB only owns the Orange monkey. Have your superiors given you further information that they do indeed own other members of Congress? Pray tell.

I take it back. I no longer think you're a paid-for Russian shit-poster.

I think you're a Democratic paid-for shit-poster whose job is to discredit and humiliate Russian shit-posters by making them look hilariously obvious and inept.

commedieu

Banned

And do you not see anything wrong with not allowing due process to happen within the intelligence community???? I thought this was a democracy!!!!??!!!?!4!

Surely they are pursing these allegations because there is weight to them. Verified by trumps own words and weird relationship with Russia he wants to have. (Hoping put in will be his best friend?) And not that it's just a random unsubstantiated 4chan rumor..

Le CONCERN¿

Edit.

Whew at detective gaf... I'm done here.

Raven117

Oh man, the whatabouteries have reached fever pitch, any straight thinking adult should be able to discern objectively cataclysmic actions from your run of the mill political fuckery.

Trump is not a normal occurrence, he is a dangerous and toxic anomaly...I'm not going to waste energy on a long ass post I'm just going to roll my eyes

CY3lMMn.gif
While I understand what you are saying (and others... not singling out you) don't know where this "trump is not a normal occurrence."

He absolutely is. He is not the first right wing faciest to be elected in world campaigning on nationalism and demogary.

I understand the sentiment behind the thought. (You don't want to lull into complacency speaking out against such a deplorable human being).

In a way, the line of "not normal" is optimistic. The course of human history has demonstrated that this kind of shit (even in democracy) is actually par for the course.

You're working pretty hard defending the guy when, as an "african", you don't really have a horse in this race...

As an aside, anyone notice how these guys are never from the US? We have this guy from an unnamed "african" nation, a Canadian earlier in the thread. Just an interesting thing I noticed.

ZOONAMI

WTH??? This is the dumbest thing I've read in awhile.
Anyone that doesn't agree with you is now FSB in post-election America?

Now I understand President Duterte's comment about the intellect of many Americans.

This is the dumbest thing I've read in a while, agreeing with Duterte.

Gettin' paid to post on GAF, living the good life.

Don't really get what he's be getting paid for. Like who's mind is he gonna change? Other paid users??

I think he just has a viewpoint that legit absurd to the majority of this forum

Lol Duterte too very nice role models you got there

ZOONAMI

Now I understand President Duterte's comment about the intellect of many Americans.

... Had enough fun today...time to check the other side of the same coin (ie. clueless right wing boards)

I'm just going to leave while basically admitting to being a troll.

Pbae

Does anyone have the link to President's Obama statement that he was going to extend the Russian sanctions by an additional year? I can't for the life of me find it and this thread with all the derails is moving too quickly =[

You're working pretty hard defending the guy when, as an "african", you don't really have a horse in this race...

As an aside, anyone notice how these guys are never from the US? We have this guy from an unnamed "african" nation, a Canadian earlier in the thread. Just an interesting thing I noticed.

There was also one from Europe. Seems suspicious lol

Ac30

I do think we should stop assuming everyone's a paid troll though. His whataboutism is stupid but he could just be deluded. Us assuming they're all Russian trolls kinda makes us look like conspiracy theorists :/

avaya

They are told to say they are not American because it's easier to pass of their lack of cultural awareness and any issues with their English.

He could either be a troll or a true believer. I don't know anymore to be honest, the world is bat shit.

rjinaz

I do think we should stop assuming everyone's a paid troll though. His whataboutism is stupid but he could just be deluded. Us assuming they're all Russian trolls kinda makes us look like conspiracy theorists :/

Agreed. He's not a Russian paid troll but he is definitely a troll that favors Russia. There is a difference.

The CIA is sworn to protect us from ALL threats both foreign and domestic.

You're acting like the CIA would have done with to McCain or Romney. They wouldn't because those two at least had respect for the US and weren't sucking up to dictators.

Allard

There is concrete proof of paid Russian trolls though, there is no conspiracy about that. Main issue is by the nature of it all its hard to tell from the true believers and the ones that are paid because the paid ones spew a very scripted astroturfing of specific communities and those who concur with their opinion because its for 'their' side start using the same messaging. Having said that when you have histories that back up what looks like a clear agenda it doesn't matter whether they are paid for or not, they just seem to be there to shit up the conversation and steer people away from the topic at hand (as I am technically too for responding to the nature of it).

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case it's a courtesy I extend to anyone whose opinions are so phenomenally bad that the only reasonable assumptions are that they are either paid to have them or complete human detritus.

I'm just a sucker for giving people the benefit of the doubt, I guess.

kevin1025

Banned
Don't really get what he's be getting paid for. Like who's mind is he gonna change? Other paid users??

I think he just has a viewpoint that legit absurd to the majority of this forum

Lol Duterte too very nice role models you got there

No clue if he's paid or not, but if you muddy the waters a little, there's a couple who will leave confused and his job is successful.

Caja 117

... Had enough fun today...time to check the other side of the same coin (ie. clueless right wing boards)

I really dont get why you assume that everyone here is American... For Example, Im not.

And using Duterte to confirm your belief is not such a good idea.

koji kabuto

At his rate i don't think it's a theory anymore.

Xtyle

Random thought and I may be wrong to suggest this. The tapes...it is thought maybe they contain child prostitute...I am kind of wondering if there are content of incestuous nature since he acted so creepy towards his one daughter in so many years. OK I better stop since that part of the dossier isn't even as important anway and it's wrong to think of people that way, even for Trump.

Guy.brush

Random thought and I may be wrong to suggest this. The tapes...it is thought maybe they contain child prostitute...I am kind of wondering if there are content of incestuous nature since he acted so creepy towards his one daughter in so many years. OK I better stop since that part of the dossier isn't even as important anway and it's wrong to think of people that way, even for Trump.

There are several stories out their from even as far back as 1985 were jung aspiring (and often Eastern European) models were brought to parties to meet influential men that could help them with their "careers".
EDIT: And Trump and his modeling agency were at the center of that.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ees-recall-cocaine-and-very-young-models.html
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...Model-Management-A-Daily-Kos-Exclusive-Part-1
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/donald-trump-model-management-illegal-immigration

Quite the irony with his hard stance on immigration as well.

Let's not entertain speculation of this kind. It doesn't help anyone, and on the contrary may do nothing but hurt the real accusations. "It is thought" is not even slightly a good enough foundation to build this kind of story upon.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I really dont get why you assume that everyone here is American... For Example, Im not.

And using Duterte to confirm your belief is not such a good idea.
I found it pretty adorable, to be honest.

Xtyle

Let's not entertain speculation of this kind. It doesn't help anyone, and on the contrary may do nothing but hurt the real accusations. "It is thought" is not even slightly a good enough foundation to build this kind of story upon.

For sure.
I apologize for derailing the discussion with that and it is too much of an accusation.

Shoeless

People from other countries can be wary of Trump. I'm Canadian and there's going to be a protest as a show of solidarity to our frightened friends in the south taking place in Toronto later this week. Last I checked, something like 2000 had already signed up for it.

UberTag

People from other countries can be wary of Trump. I'm Canadian and there's going to be a protest as a show of solidarity to our frightened friends in the south taking place in Toronto later this week. Last I checked, something like 2000 had already signed up for it.
That number is now up to 4,600 planned attendees, by the way. It has shot up by 1,400 people in the past two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom