• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Just to show that one of the countries:
  • beheads and flogs people on the streets,
  • is believed to be the main spreader of Wahhabism
  • bans women from driving without a man
  • is currently bombing Yemen unrelentlessly
  • Accuses the rape victims of impropriety
  • Punishes Gays with execution
AND is a donor to the Clinton foundation.

I wonder how many people questioned those donations on here?

Start your own thread.

Trouble

Banned

That's some fine whataboutism right there.

Lime

C2TQ7JSVEAAlX8D.jpg

he isnt even president yet

norinrad

If we are going that route, we may as well kick out every country at the UN human rights council.

rokkerkory

Is this some Trump strategy to deflect and talk about other issues?

Kyzer

Banned
What am I missing? You originally came in to the thread and started painting the members of the forum in broads strokes with your claim that they weren't as rational or as skeptical as you gave them credit before, even though this report has been around for months and been discussed by this forum several times in the past and then consigned each time as largely unsubstantiated and unactionable in its current state. That there are people at this point wishing for a way to stop him from entering the office of president and hoping this report has the power to do that, is hardly irrational. That doesn't change the fact that by and large this forum has properly consigned this report as unactionable without proper verification and continues to do so.

You're not really following my argument if you think I was saying that wouldn't be impactful. I'm just saying the alternative is equally impactful and you'd be naive to think otherwise. A man like Trump, even without the allegations of Russian ties, should be just as frightening to someone like yourself who is supposedly so concerned about what happens if we act on unsubstantiated claims. EVERYTHING he does is based on unsubstantiated claims. EVERYTHING he does is based on distorting reality to best suit his rampant narcissism. Is this forum really not rational and skeptical enough for you if they don't want that in power?

Well, the very first thing I said was that I was speaking in generalities, so there's no point in championing the fact that I was painting the users of the board in large strokes, I already said that was what I was doing. I disagree with your premise that the forum by and large accepts it as unverifiable and unactionable, and posit that there are many, regardless of whether or not it is specifically the majority, who are calling for him to pay the consequences for treason, that its not surprising, or that this is unconscionable for him to become president with this report out, also some arguing against those painting the report as unverifiable, and arguing something along the lines of "it has not been debunked, just because its unverifiable does not mean its not true" while providing actual evidence they believe points to the report being obviously true. Its kind of murky waters to start talking about all these things as one or these people as one, because there are absolutely many reasonable people here there and in between, but my point being also that there are many being irrational and jumping to a conclusion and arguing for the vailidity of that logic by the mere fact that it is not the equivalent of some other, obviously worse, right wing equivalent of smoke without fire. I am not arguing with everyone who does not like Trump nor for their right to feel that way, its a bit ridiculous to conflate the two. And youre right, I misunderstood your original comment of "Lets not act like american history wouldnt be rocked either way", I see you arent arguing against its impact.

Sarek

Funny Trump anecdote from other side of the pond. One of the largest banks in the Nordic countries is now running a radio commercial that starts with Trump impersonator thanking voters and sayings his usual let's make America great again line. After that it cuts to presentitive of the bank saying our house loans prepare you for anything! Basically comparing him to some kind of political or natural disaster.

Every Bernie supporter. But no, YASSS QUEEEN!

No one cares. Clinton is a private citizen with no government position now.

Your instructions should have clearly specified that there's no longer any point in trying to vilify a failed presidential candidate, as they completely recede from the public consciousness in a matter of months. Have you not been checking in through the website backend to receive your new briefings? You know that's going to be a 50% pay forfeiture for the month.

Neoweee

If Saudi Arabia wants to donate to the development of the third world or to stop malaria or to give AIDS treatment to the poor, let them. Why am I supposed to be angry about all of that?

koji kabuto

Hillary Clinton has nothing to do with this thread,Could you Stop drilling this thread please.

It's like they they have some sort of written instructions, When Russia is criticized press the "WhatAboutTheUS" button, in case of Trump/Putin criticized press the "WhatAbouHillary" button.

Remind me of Scientology with the "Don't ever defend, Always attack"

UberTag

I really hope other news organizations take note of this and realize it can and will happen to them.
That would be nice.
I would prefer that as opposed to posturing so CNN can instead take the fall as a scapegoat.
You're absolutely right that it absolutely can happen to them and it would be egregiously short-sighted for them to think otherwise. I think even FOX News gets this.

Hillary Clinton has nothing to do with this thread,Could you Stop drilling this thread please.

I would say that the election is related, insofar as according to the intel, he coordinated with Russia to attack the opposition. But nothing any opposing campaign did (Clinton or otherwise) changes the severity of the charges against him. So yes, harping on their issues is unrelated. At best, an alternate version of "the DNC deserved to be hacked."

UberTag

C2TQ7JSVEAAlX8D.jpg

he isnt even president yet
Everyone except Russia and the far right.
Well, he is posturing against Russia by concern trolling about their nuclear armament but we all know that's just his given talking point so he can remove their sanctions when in office and act like he pulled off some amazing deal for the global community by getting Russia on board with reducing their nuclear stockpile.

Lowmelody

lol

as flaccid as trumps pinky

Damerman

Do you (and all those "but but Hillary" posters) realize Hillary Clinton lost the election? This isn't Clinton VS Trump anymore, this deflection doesn't work now.

yo i have a cousin who does this shit still. like we are talking about trump fucking shit up, wtf does Hillary have to do with this?

Caja 117

yo i have a cousin who does this shit still. like we are talking about trump fucking shit up, wtf does Hillary have to do with this?
This is why I dont go for "we need to talk and understand the other side", they dont want to listen or have interest in hearing any facts that is negative to their supreme leader, they already made up their mind, and i trump gets impeached, for them the Problem wasn't Trump, but the Corrupt politician in Washington.

avaya

I hope you hedged your Rouble's because the CIA ain't gonna allow the sanctions to be lifted and they are gonna straight bankrupt Russia fam. Party like it's 1998 fam, Rouble going to the toilet.

When someone knows that their own side has such serious problems that they have to resort to whataboutism to defend it, then it's time to question whether their side is worth supporting at all.

...... and your point is?

No, seriously, what is your point?

This thread is about Trump and the Russia Hack.

FyreWulff

there was plenty of critcism of Hillary on this board during the election. However, as you may noticed, the election is over and she holds no office in the country, so.... Trump gotta account for himself, now.

RDreamer

Well, he is posturing against Russia by concern trolling about their nuclear armament but we all know that's just his given talking point so he can remove their sanctions when in office and act like he pulled off some amazing deal for the global community by getting Russia on board with reducing their nuclear stockpile.

Quite honestly the shit they're doing and setting up for is genius. I don't know who's behind it, but it sure ain't Trump. Probably Bannon's doing the messaging?

It's all just fascinating and scary, especially if it works just like they envision.

avaya

Quite honestly the shit they're doing and setting up for is genius. I don't know who's behind it, but it sure ain't Trump. Probably Bannon's doing the messaging?

It's all just fascinating and scary, especially if it works just like they envision.

Putin is doing it.

commedieu

Banned
there was plenty of critcism of Hillary on this board during the election. However, as you may noticed, the election is over and she holds no office in the country, so.... Trump gotta account for himself, now.

No. I'd much rather justify/concern troll all and future trump issues with Hillary and Saudi arabia. For the next 4 to 8 years.

Thank you very much. You aren't the boss of me.

ZOONAMI

Bbbuuuut Hillary! Can't you see that none of this matters because Hillary did, something...

Said every fucking trump supporter in this thread and irl.

legacyzero

Banned
Where was this criticism? I was in most election thread and hardly saw any, and if I did, it was met with condescension and snark.

Arkeband

Banned

oh man, you cracked the case, Hillary was totally going to institute sexist policy thanks to those donations.

It's a shame Trump never accepted Saudi Arabian money, otherwise this would be an embarassingly stupid poooOA WHAT'S THIS-

”Saudi Arabia — and I get along great with all of them. They buy apartments from me," Trump said in Mobile, Ala.

”They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much."

Well it's a good thing he's giving all of that money back after calling for Hillary to give back 25 million.

What's that?

He's not giving any of it back?

Well, I guess that's what makes him a smart businessman! Womp-womp!

commedieu

Banned
Where was this criticism? I was in most election thread and hardly saw any, and if I did, it was met with condescension and snark.

Jesus christ...this conversation has happened already. Multiple times in this thread. Tldr.. people with white supremacist website links got shut down. People that could formulate a actual argument found a debate to be had. A lot of people who had no clue tried to panticipate, with a predetermined bias, and would ignore any new info.

I should know as I talked shit about the woman. But wasn't linking Alex Jones to debate it. It's dishonest to frame the forum as shutting people down. Gaf has always been pro backing your shit up. A lot of people didn't do that.

Also...

This thread is about an illegitimate president elect. Hillary lost.

Perhaps op can put that in the first post.

oh man, you cracked the case, Hillary was totally going to institute sexist policy thanks to those donations.

It's a shame Trump never accepted Saudi Arabian money, otherwise this would be an embarassingly stupid poooOA WHAT'S THIS-

Well it's a good thing he's giving all of that money back after calling for Hillary to give back 25 million.

What's that?

He's not giving any of it back?

Well, I guess that's what makes him a smart businessman! Womp-womp!

Liu-Kangs-Flawless-Victory-Over-Shang-Tsung-In-The-Mortal-Kombat-Movie.gif

Jesus christ...this conversation has happened already. Multiple times in this thread. Tldr.. people with white supremacist website links got shut down. People that could formulate a actual argument found a debate to be had. A lot of people who had no clue tried to panticipate, with a predetermined bias, and would ignore any new info.

I should know as I talked shit about the woman. But wasn't linking Alex Jones to debate it. It's dishonest to frame the forum as shutting people down. Gaf has always been pro backing your shit up. A lot of people didn't do that.

Also...

This thread is about an illegitimate president elect. Hillary lost.

Perhaps op can put that in the first post.

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

It is quite funny how much republicans hate being on defense. You can't discuss legitimate concerns about Trump without them spewing the typical "bububut the election is over crooked Hillary lost" bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom