• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtyle

I don't think we can trust random twitter guy without some receipts.

Jake trapper CNN said us official said cohen was different cohen with same birth year.

If there is anything to this twitter post nothing was ever said about exact same birth date.

Even if meeting didn't happen in Prague it may have happened at a different time and place, as Steele explicitly pointed out his confidence was low on date and location of meeting.

Also this disproves nothing else in the dossier.

It was also strange how quickly trump camp zeroed in on that and posted a pic of the front of a passport, which proves nothing, and at the press conference they brought up the passport again, which even the inside of would prove nothing.

Seemed like hey what can we quickly cling onto that dumb people will buy and just agree with us that this is fake (even though many things in the dossier are real).

Actually, as I remember, when the news of the dossier broke. The Trump team (forgot which person) came out denying that Cohen was never in Prague and that it was a different person...but did anyone verify it?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
hey guys, I've just discovered some amazing new information. no time to explain.

THIS IS SARCASM. THANK YOU FOR READING.

The Cohen stuff was considered to be of low credibility in the dossier, I really doubt Cohen was in Prague with an Israeli passport with his name and birthday on it. I don't care if you're a Trump campaign member or not, no one is that stupid.

The discussion from the last few pages really comes off as a screenshot from AboveTopSecret. Let the professionals investigate it. This is not going to get truly solved for months/years. Just know that the information we have right is circumstantially compelling enough for major news outlets and the Western intelligence community to investigate it seriously.

"But if we just break this Cohen angle, the whole thing will come crumbling down" - People on both sides playing internet detective.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
You think the CIA, NSA and other intelligencies are monitoring people of interest right now? Or have been for a few months now.

Didnt they even hack the senate itself a few years ago.

Even if evidence was destroyed they'd probably know.

Scary stuff.

akira28

it really is old hat, ugh. Luckily things like this rise up and go away after a while, both in media and common parlance.

The last 12 years really have been a study in how things become "things".

Mully

"But if we just break this Cohen angle, the whole thing will come crumbling down" - People on both sides playing internet detective.

I don't see your point. The information about Cohen and Prague was considered to be of low credibility in the dossier, itself. Posting about already well reported findings about another Cohen with the same birthday in Prague from a different but more sensationalist Twitter account does not change the fact that the Cohen-Prague connection part of the report was considered to be based on uncredible information.

I'm not a Russian troll. I believe Trump has a Putin connection to some extent, but I also believe that using unverified Tweets and retired NSA employees' opinions as facts does a ton of harm to the possible legitimate facts that Trump and his team were working with Russian authorities during and prior to the 2016 presidential campaign.

Let the professionals work and don't muddy up the water with sensationalism that the Trump administration can point to as a means to delegitimize proper investigations by the media and the FBI.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Incontinence. The opposite of incontinence is continence....

I just realised that continental breakfast means breakfast that doesn't give you explosive diarrhoea.

RT

Brexit is explosive diarrhoea breakfast.. because the UK is leaving the EU. INcontinence...leaving the continent...

trump_pee.gif

You're working pretty hard defending the guy when, as an "african", you don't really have a horse in this race...

As an aside, anyone notice how these guys are never from the US? We have this guy from an unnamed "african" nation, a Canadian earlier in the thread. Just an interesting thing I noticed.

lol at the paranoia in this thread. Reminds me of Berners accusing Hillary fans as Correct the Record shills. In the United States alone, there are millions of people (left and right wing) who regularly pat Putin on the back and falsely equivocate US interventionism with Russian antagonism, so I can imagine it's not hard to find at least one African (who has much less of an excuse to be an American apologist) in the world who feels the same way and happens to have access to the internet. If you disagree with him, provide your own voice as a counterweight. If he is annoying or incessant, put him on ignore. But whipping yourself up into a paranoia and taking the time to discredit some random person on the internet is at best fruitless and at worst a step toward putting NeoGAF in exactly the same position it was pre-election.

I died

The Cohen stuff was considered to be of low credibility in the dossier, I really doubt Cohen was in Prague with an Israeli passport with his name and birthday on it. I don't care if you're a Trump campaign member or not, no one is that stupid.

The discussion from the last few pages really comes off as a screenshot from AboveTopSecret. Let the professionals investigate it. This is not going to get truly solved for months/years. Just know that the information we have right is circumstantially compelling enough for major news outlets and the Western intelligence community to investigate it seriously.

They also reported on the "emails" so who freaking knows if anything matters anymore.

remist

I don't see your point. The information about Cohen and Prague was considered to be of low credibility in the dossier, itself. Posting about already well reported findings about another Cohen with the same birthday in Prague from a different but more sensationalist Twitter account does not change the fact that the Cohen-Prague connection part of the report was considered to be based on uncredible information.
Can you point to the area in the report where the Cohen Prague meeting is deemed low confidence or not credible?

Why doesnt the other Cohen come forward or the investigators find him. That will clear it all up.

Also, when you arrive somewhere, you fill out a customs card with personnel information such as your passport number. I cant imagine it would be hard for Israel to check the passport number and confirm if it is a passport which Trump's Cohen uses/has been issued to him.

If the Israeli's don't want Trump as president, they should be able to confirm this quickly.

Linkura

They said it was a different Cohen, but the odds of two Cohen's with the exact same birthday being in the same general region of the world seems way too suspect.

If it was a different passport(like the twitter suggests) it could be something.

I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Cohen is one of the most common Jewish names. Michael is an extremely common first name. It's actually possible in this situation that it could be another person. Unlikely, but possible.

If the Israeli's don't want Trump as president, they should be able to confirm this quickly.
lol. He'd be a great puppet for them- he's doing great work for Putin. It's probably in their best interests for him to be President.

remist

Pg 33 of the buzzed document. The 'company comment'
That just says that they are temporarily unsure of certain details and the following December 13 memo goes into the subsequent details that his source learned. The clarifications in the December memo are pretty specific and the text of the memo is definitely not implying low confidence.

M.Bluth

Israel would want someone who is friendly to Russia and therefore friendly to Iran and Syria why?

You actually need to ask Bibi Netanyahu that question considering he's been buddying up to Putin.

Trump has been public in his support of extreme right-wing policy in Israel, that alone compared to Obama's relationship with Netanyahu will have them excited. That still doesn't explain the rationale behind the growing relationship with Russia.

That just says that they are temporarily unsure of certain details and the following December 13 memo goes into the subsequent details that his source learned. The clarifications in the December memo are pretty specific and the text of the memo is definitely not implying low confidence.

No, it specifically says that it isn't completely certain on the time and place of certain meetings.

For comparison, the "Golden Shower" Kompromat was apparently corroborated by hotel employees.

remist

No, it specifically says that it isn't completely certain on the time and place of certain meetings.

For comparison, the "Golden Shower" Kompromat was apparently corroborated by hotel employees.
The following memo clarifies those details. The only thing they are unsure of is the exact time of the meeting, but they give a two week window. That he met in Prague though is not doubted.

I'll save you all the click but inforwars posted that there's going to be a tape release within 48hrs prior to inauguration day.

This won't be the piss tape. This is the same tape Tom Arnold was referring to.

Again, it's inforwars, so.... High chance of it being 100% bullshit haha.

Teggy

I'll save you all the click but inforwars posted that there's going to be a tape release within 48hrs prior to inauguration day.

This won't be the piss tape. This is the same tape Tom Arnold was referring to.

Again, it's inforwars, so.... High chance of it being 100% bullshit haha.

Why would infowars post that? They're Trumps best friend.

The following memo clarifies those details. The only thing they are unsure of is the exact time of the meeting, but they give a two week window. That he met in Prague though is not doubted.

Wrong. Lets look at the bottom paragraph of the dossier: https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensing...ties-to-russia?utm_term=.nhjAa4bO9#.lpKjPgby1

Company Comment

The Kremlin insider was unsure of the identities of the PA officials with whom Cohen met secretly in August, or the exact date/s and locations of the meeting/s. There were significant internal security barriers being erected in the PA as the Trump issue became more controversial and damaging. However s/he continued to try to obtain these.

Why would infowars post that? They're Trumps best friend.

Nah, infowars makes $$$ playing devil's advocate no matter the sitting administration. Think about it, if their vision for utopia came to fruition, what kind of redneck conspiracy theory can they ram down people's throats to drive clicks?

Alex Jones is going to become some fucking national hero to a small select group of Liberals these next four years.

Zutroy

I'm pretty sure the tape exists considering it's popped up more than a few times now, and the details seem quite specific.

I do wonder if the president-elect being openly racist is even enough at this point to stop him. It's hard to imagine anything other than him being arrested for treason stopping his train.

I'm pretty sure the tape exists considering it's popped up more than a few times now, and the details seem quite specific.

I do wonder if the president-elect being openly racist is even enough at this point to stop him. It's hard to imagine anything other than him being arrested for treason stopping his train.

what do you mean it popped up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom