• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Reminder:
Second, while unproven, the allegations are being taken quite seriously. The President and President-elect do not get briefed on material that the intelligence community does not believe to be at least of some credibility. The individual who generated them is apparently a person whose work intelligence professionals take seriously. And at a personal level, we can attest that we have had a lot of conversations with a lot of different people about the material in this document. While nobody has confirmed any of the allegations, both inside government and in the press, it is clear to us that they are the subject of serious attention.
https://lawfareblog.com/about-explosive-trump-story-take-deep-breath

RDreamer

cHzhV9b.png

THWARTED! My photoshop skills are too slow :(

EMT0

Banned
Guys, anyone got info on where the golden shower part of the story originates from? I can't find it in any of the news articles.

antonz

No he won't. McCain is a pussy like the rest when it comes to action.

Interestingly enough. Details coming out seem to indicate McCain was pushing information to the FBI etc. very heavily on this stuff. McCain is old school when it comes to the Russians. He and Graham are actively creating a new bill to slam Russia with even more sanctions in direct opposition to Trump.

Shadybiz

Lots of smoke here.

But with all the fake news, I'm not going to go full tilt until I see the receipts. Just because it sounds good doesn't make it true.

Yep. I really really REALLY want this to be real, but I'm not going to bite just yet. I certainly hope that everyone reporting on it is checking, doublechecking, and triplechecking their facts.

Bookoo

Can't get over the fact that apparently everybody in the government and everybody in the media has known about this for months and months and nobody said or did a fucking thing.

Content with just letting us all die, I guess.

People had this report for months and they have probably been trying to confirm information in it, but most of it is still unverified. Some of the information is so insane that it's almost hard to take seriously and it would further tank the medias credibility if this turns out to be false.

Right now it's easy for Trump to just flat out deny the accusations and the general public probably won't take it seriously either since we have been hearing about Trump and Russia for weeks.

wolfhowwl

Banned
People on here have a fantasy of a massive scandal undoing Trump in a single stroke. The reality is that it is going to be a slow death by a thousand cuts of a Trump administration's own incompetence that kills them.

It is going to be a long four or even eight years for you guys.

IrishNinja

I really, really hope this wasn't some elaborate scheme to see if news organizations would run with this report only for it to later be exposed as false, serving as a final nail in the coffin to fully delegitimize the mainstream media and disarm any future claims of corruption in the Trump adimistration. The whole thing seems almost too good to be true. As if they were like, "Ok, write up a fictional wet dream scenario for the liberals and see if they take the bait. Yeah, leave that pissing stuff in there, that's great."

Not that I neccesarily think that's the case, but Bannon has already displayed a masterful level of skill in the realm of shit-flinging. Underestimate him at your own peril.

i really don't get posts like this

you've got multiple intelligence agencies actively investigating & presenting things to our leaders, and the media - who again apparently sat on all this for a while now for lack of resources to vet it - should still sit it out, despite the actions of these agencies?

wouldn't they take a much harder hit for not doing their jobs? if these intel agencies are wrong, that doesn't issue a magic "get out of jail free" card to this or any other administration.

exactly this

For people who think that this could be some elaborate hoax to decredit the mainstream media, do you also think the intelligence community and John McCain are in on this conspiracy? A legit question, because I think some of you are missing some of the important points of the story: mainly that documents was handed in from McCain, and intelligence agencies have investigated them now and see that the source is potentially credible. Do you think all of them are helping Trump in his final takedown of the mainstream American media? If so, we're looking at basically a very large scale conspiracy.

HotHamBoy

God damn it, you can't just add [hooker piss] to the title and not add the pertitinent info to the OP.

I have no idea what that even means.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Which really begs the question: if this somehow gained traction and veracity, why should Pence or Ryan be put in charge if they failed to act on it?
(I don't believe anything will come out of this, but it's all so surreal)

Well the main reason why nobody has spoken out about it is because it's not verified. People need to be careful here, because if it is never verified this could end up being a boon for Trump.

Maxim726X

People on here have a fantasy of a massive scandal undoing Trump in a single stroke. The reality is that it is going to be a slow death by a thousand cuts of a Trump administration's own incompetence that kills them.

It is going to be a long four or even eight years for you guys.

If this is verified- It's treason. The worst political scandal in the history of the country.

This won't be swept under the rug. Besides, Republicans are just looking for a reason to throw him overboard and institute a president Pence.

Dalek

Good summary of the leak from Reddit:

Summary I came up with:

>8+ years of communication between him and Kremlin, and 5+ year relationship of cultivating/supporting/assisting Trump by Russia.

>They offered him real estate deals IN RUSSIA to further ensnare him, but he declined.

>Russia has dirt on Trump watching Russian prostitutes give golden showers.

>Detailed claims of bilateral intelligence sharing back and forth between Trump and Putin. Trump had DNC moles and used US as well as foreign hackers. Trump got info on his opponents, Putin got info on Russian oligarchs + families living in US.

>They used the pension system that Russian diplomats used to transfer information back and forth to/from each other as well. It mentions tens of thousands of dollars were sent in addition to the money.

>Russia's main goal appears to be driving wedges to cause divisions in the West. They aided Jill Stein, Carter Page and Michael Flynn (the latter two being members of Trump's team) in doing so.

>Main goal of DNC emails appeared to be swinging Sanders voters to Trump.

>Russia and Trump had a mutual agreement on the DNC hack. Russia released the emails to Wikileaks in return for Trump removing mention of Russian invasion of Crimea in favor of talking about NATO financial commitments in Eastern Europe and the Baltics. Putin wanted people to stop talking Ukraine while also undermining NATO.

>Trump's most damning financial commitments are actually in China and other emerging markets. He's paid large bribes and kickbacks there that would've destroyed his campaign if made public.

>Hilariously, when Trump said he had few Russian financial investments, that was true, but he has actively sought them out only to be denied. He apparently settled for extensive sexual favors there instead

>Trump lawyer Cohen had clandestine meeting with Kremlin operatives in August, held in Prague to try to make it seem less suspicious.

>Ukrainian President that Putin installed confided to Putin he DID provide ex-campaign manager Manafort w/ kickbacks that were previously reported. Left no paper trail.

>Russia pissed this has gotten so much media coverage. They hoped to push for improved Russian-US relationships regardless of who was elected. Ancillary goal with Clinton was to drive her positions further from Obama's in event she won - they're happy both candidates were anti-TPP because they viewed that as bad for them.

>Trump has bribed Russian business interests but worked diligently to obfuscate and eliminate paper trail. Also engaged in Russian sex parties but has likewise bribed or coerced witnesses to be silent. They do believe a particular Russian businessman was intricately linked to Trump would know details.

>Manafort/Page/Cohen all highly compromised. They/Trump were apparently offered up to 19% stake in a Russian oil company Rosneft by its president if they could successfully get Western Russian sanctions lifted. Page expressed interest in this deal, saying sanctions would be lifted.

>Once the sh*t started to hit the fan, Cohen was heavily involved in trying to cover up the relationship between Carter/Manafort/himself and Russia.

>Mentions that the Trump team AND Russia both paid Romanian hackers to help sabotage Democrats.

>Overall goal of electing Trump was to destabilize Western and world order in Russia's favor since he was anti-establishment and so divisive.

Let me know if something needs added or if I screwed something up.

u/JustDandy07 is the man. Added a bunch of stuff.

u/whiskystoned and u/sylviecerise made sure I had my TPP bit correct - Russia was AGAINST TPP.

u/Adrian_Bock raised a great point. Trump specifically used Presidential Suite in Russian Ritz-Carlton where Obama/Michelle stayed for his golden shower episode(s) to defile the bed. That's some depraved shit.

u/niknight_ml mentioned that Trump may have helped actually fund the DNC hack itself.

Yep. I really really REALLY want this to be real, but I'm not going to bite just yet. I certainly hope that everyone reporting on it is checking, doublechecking, and triplechecking their facts.

Yeah, it never hurts to be sure. Just be a wee bit skeptical.

But this is big news, so it should be #1 on their priority lists

For people who think that this could be some elaborate hoax to decredit the mainstream media, do you also think the intelligence community and John McCain are in on this conspiracy? A legit question, because I think some of you are missing some of the important points of the story: mainly that documents was handed in from McCain, and intelligence agencies have investigated them now and see that the source is potentially credible. Do you think all of them are helping Trump in his final takedown of the mainstream American media? If so, we're looking at basically a very large scale conspiracy.

It's like the "this is a hoax" brigade only care about the golden shower bit.

Hexa

Well the main reason why nobody has spoken out about it is because it's not verified. People need to be careful here, because if it is never verified this could end up being a boon for Trump.

How would this even get verified? Lets say this is true, but never gets verified. Then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom