• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Mike Pence and Donald Trump have responded on Twitter by screaming that it's fake news and linking to Lifezette.

Lifezette has claimed that Hillary Clinton murdered JFK Jr.

Guess who the editor in chief is at lifezette?

94avFl9.gif

Adaren

Y'all remember that Trump Tower server that was communicating with Russia that was never fully explained?

Looks a lot more juicy now.

I'm struggling on how both of these are true:
>Hilariously, when Trump said he had few Russian financial investments, that was true, but he has actively sought them out only to be denied. He apparently settled for extensive sexual favors there instead
>They offered him real estate deals IN RUSSIA to further ensnare him, but he declined.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm just totally numb to this. I can't even muster up some Schadenfreude cause despite all this he will still be president. Hope I'm not too much of a downer

Syncytia

So I see the angle Trump supporters are trying to take is that 4chan sent fake mail to Rick Wilson about the golden showers, he gave it to the CIA, and the CIA totally believes it's real.

How stupid do these people have to be to think they fooled the CIA?

tuxfool

Banned
I think the veracity of this report is going to stand on whether they can prove Cohen was in Prague at the time indicated. If he can prove otherwise it's going to be an embarrassment for the intelligence community.

Yeah, just like Comey is too embarrassed not to quit over his own shitshow.

So I see the angle Trump supporters are trying to take is that 4chan sent fake mail to Rick Wilson about the golden showers, he gave it to the CIA, and the CIA totally believes it's real.

How stupid do these people have to be to think they fooled the CIA?

But dont most Trump supporters originate from 4chan?

antonz

I had no idea Stein was involved in the Russian stuff?

I'm not American so I'm not as clued in on some aspects

She has enjoyed lots of airtime on Russia Today and has been to RT hosted dinners where she was seated right with Putin as well as Trumps National Security pick General Flynn. Not surprisingly General Flynn loves his own airtime on Russia Today

Dufoos

Banned
I always knew Trump would be a Hall & Oates fan.

My friends wonder why I call you
All of the time, what can I say
I don't feel the need to give such secrets away
You think maybe I need help, no I know I'm right all right

I'm just better off not listening to friends advice
When they insist on knowing my bliss, I tell them this
When they want to know what the reason is
I only smile when I lie and I tell them why

(Because your piss)
Your piss is on my list
(Because your piss)
Your piss is on my list
Because
(Your piss is on my list)
Of the best things in life

(Because your piss)
Your piss is on my list
(Because your piss)
Your piss I can't resist
(Because your piss is what I miss)
When I turn off the light

I go crazy wondering what there is to really see
Did the night just take up your time
'Cause it means more to me
Sometimes I forget what I'm doing
I don't forget what I want, I want

Regret what I've done, regret you, I couldn't go on
But if you insist on blowing my bliss, I'll tell you this
If you want to know what the reason is
I only smile when alive, then I'll tell you why

(Because your piss)
Your piss is on my list
(Because your piss)
Your piss is on my list
Because
(Your piss is on my list)

(Because your piss)
Your piss is on my list
(Because your piss)
Your piss I can't resist
When I turn off the light, I really miss

(Because your piss)
Your piss is on my list
(Because your piss)
Your piss is on my list
(Because your piss is on my list)
Of the best things in life oh babe

(Because your piss)
Your piss is on my list
(Because your piss)
Your piss I can't resist
When I turn off the light

(Because your piss)
Your piss is on my list
(Because your piss)
Your piss I can't resist
(Because your piss is on my list)

That is amazing

Yeah. Seems like he didn't openly oppose trump but didn't let it go behind the scenes.

A real patriot never should.

Question is where this goes though. Obama was probably trying to avoid a full-blown constitutional crisis, but now he has no choice to address the issue in some way or form. The next ten days, especially considering China has been actively triggered by the GOP, will be either historical or farcical to be a part of.

also, the Russian families living in the US bit is terrifying considering those are either actively threatened or possible exploits.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I simply think it's fucking sad, especially if it gets shot down, that this is overshadowing Obama's speech. All these pissing jokes... It's taking a piss on Obama's last public speech.

I like Jonah Goldberg's very level headed appraisal of the situation:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443745/trump-compromised

Goldberg writes for the conservative National Review, but he's been an ardent Trump opponent and has become an enemy of the alt-right over the last 18 months. I feel like everything he's written is how I feel:

1. Probably too good to be true
  2. Buzzfeed publishing the report without confirming is sketchy on the journalism scale
  3. Trump is somehow stealing the news spotlight from Obama, delivering his farewell address
  4. If Trump cancels his scheduled press conference tomorrow he's going to look REALLY bad, but if he holds the press conference, it could be BRUTAL
  5. He links to a legal blog which has very good points about how this information can be corroborated or not: https://lawfareblog.com/about-explosive-trump-story-take-deep-breath
  6. Results of story would likely bring legal action against BuzzFeed if they're not corroborated. IF they're not corroborated, it's a huge risk for progressive (fair) minded journalists... It will protect Trump against future allegations of wrong doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom