• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Guess who the editor in chief is at lifezette?

94avFl9.gif

She's just ordering 5 beers guys.

If you were from Austria you would now laugh at this super hilarious joke.

Donald Trump's probably going to tweet out that this is fake news and blame Obama or the dems or something like that and then follow it up the next day about how we really should be using those nukes we have generating more controversy than this.

Like clockwork, Trump tweeted that this is fake news and blamed his opponents.

Adaren

I simply think it's fucking sad, especially if it gets shot down, that this is overshadowing Obama's speech. All these pissing jokes... It's taking a piss on Obama's last public speech.

If it makes you feel better, this thread is still slower than Scalebound getting cancelled.

Josh7289

I simply think it's fucking sad, especially if it gets shot down, that this is overshadowing Obama's speech. All these pissing jokes... It's taking a piss on Obama's last public speech.

It's providing a good contrast between what a good president is like and what the best piece of shit president-elect the RNC and Russia could piss out is like.

If anything I think it helps cement a good legacy for Obama and good memories of Democratic leadership.

Lo-Volt

What needs to be highlighted is she never once denied it

Reading these quotes, she seems so pressed about the Russia allegations. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Kellyanne Conway said:
“He’s not sheltering Russia, and don’t you say that again. He’s not sheltering Russia. What the heck has the current president done vis-a-vis Russia for the last eight years to make you proud? Name it. Tell me.”

Politico.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
What needs to be highlighted is she never once denied it

What needs to happen is everytime she needs to be hit with trump's unnamed sources

”I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding,"
”Absolutely," ”And they cannot believe what they're finding."

An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/232572505238433794?lang=en

KHarvey16

4chan being responsible is not really plausible given multiple outlets reporting that they've had this report for some time and that it came from a private company.

Kathian

Banned
Kellyanne got asked about it by Seth Myers (video/clip):

https://twitter.com/LateNightSeth/status/818992275149688834

Ohhh he's lying to his staff and claiming he was not briefed?

4chan being responsible is not really plausible given multiple outlets reporting that they've had this report for some time and that it came from a private company.

It's clearly the MI6 source. They checked credibility and The Guardian have a seperately report on McCains intervention and an FBI investigation.

I like Jonah Goldberg's very level headed appraisal of the situation:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443745/trump-compromised

Goldberg writes for the conservative National Review, but he's been an ardent Trump opponent and has become an enemy of the alt-right over the last 18 months. I feel like everything he's written is how I feel:

1. Probably too good to be true
  2. Buzzfeed publishing the report without confirming is sketchy on the journalism scale
  3. Trump is somehow stealing the news spotlight from Obama, delivering his farewell address
  4. If Trump cancels his scheduled press conference tomorrow he's going to look REALLY bad, but if he holds the press conference, it could be BRUTAL
  5. He links to a legal blog which has very good points about how this information can be corroborated or not: https://lawfareblog.com/about-explosive-trump-story-take-deep-breath
  6. Results of story would likely bring legal action against BuzzFeed if they're not corroborated. IF they're not corroborated, it's a huge risk for progressive (fair) minded journalists... It will protect Trump against future allegations of wrong doing.

This ignores the McCain and intelligence agency aspect of the story, and why would Trump plant such a damaging story just to deflect away from Obama's farewell speech? Even if it's proven false, this shit is going to circulate around the web forever in one form or another, especially the piss stuff.

Syncytia

What the fuck does posting a picture of the front cover of his passport prove? Is this guy an idiot? Wait, don't answer that.

The best part is that he posted a picture of his passport cover as proof he's never been to Prague.

He probably doesn't even know the word "Schengen"

I like Jonah Goldberg's very level headed appraisal of the situation:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443745/trump-compromised

Goldberg writes for the conservative National Review, but he's been an ardent Trump opponent and has become an enemy of the alt-right over the last 18 months. I feel like everything he's written is how I feel:

1. Probably too good to be true
  2. Buzzfeed publishing the report without confirming is sketchy on the journalism scale
  3. Trump is somehow stealing the news spotlight from Obama, delivering his farewell address
  4. If Trump cancels his scheduled press conference tomorrow he's going to look REALLY bad, but if he holds the press conference, it could be BRUTAL
  5. He links to a legal blog which has very good points about how this information can be corroborated or not: https://lawfareblog.com/about-explosive-trump-story-take-deep-breath
  6. Results of story would likely bring legal action against BuzzFeed if they're not corroborated. IF they're not corroborated, it's a huge risk for progressive (fair) minded journalists... It will protect Trump against future allegations of wrong doing.

Didn't a former m16 operative report the information to intel officials and BuzzFeed leaked the information?

slit

I don't. Obama fucked up his own legacy more than any piss jokes could.

Zyae

This ignores the McCain and intelligence agency aspect of the story, and why would Trump plant such a damaging story just to deflect away from Obama's farewell speech? Even if it's proven false, this shit is going to circulate around the web forever in one form or another, especially the piss stuff.

Pretty much. This has real legs.

People on /pol/ are discussing this theory right now. Someone's actually attempting to take credit for it there.

The conspiracy-fiend right is incapable of processing any news that looks bad for them without calling it a false flag.

It's an unbelievable claim, because the story did not start with Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom