• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Remember when Harry Reid sent out that letter in October telling James Comey come out with this information?

It's all coming out now guys.

kompromat_01.jpg

Even if he were part of this? I can't imagine it's just Trump sitting in a dark room by himself speaking with Russia. There had to be some other people on the team involved.

Hypothetically, what would happen in this case prior to inauguration? Obviously, this isn't something even remotely likely but I'm still curious as to what would happen. After inauguration everything is over and they just go down the line of succession.

Pence is too smart to be actively involved in this. He most likely knows about the connections but isn't involved in it because he knows he will be next in line once shit hits the fan. Plausable deniability, etc.

Breaking News: Obama invites P-E Trump, the future First Lady to visit the White House ahead of the inauguration.

lol

Democrats undermining the media/Government.

Media/Intel Communities: Trump could be compromised by Russia
Democrats: Come on over Trump. We don't believe the media/intel lies.

Democrats are horrible at visibility. Always fucking over themselves.

Bar this fucking traitor from political office and postpone the inauguration until a full investigation and an official investigation commission is created for the security of our republic. This shit isn't a joke. Russia is about to become the worlds biggest superpower by literally having the US as its vassal fucking state.

Declare it a national emergency, do whatever you need to do, put on the big boy pants Obama.

For those unaware, in English the loanword of "kompromat" is from Russian "компромат" which a term used both in English and Russian (and other languages) regarding being compromised like this because it was an effective and "trademark" tactic by both the East German Stasi and Soviet KGB, which continues to exist in modern Russian politics against opposition today.

If you Google "kompromat trump" you will find articles directly using this terminology.

Also important to remember that this tactic is commonly used to fabricate things and use it as blackmail, even when the target knows it's not true, but because of how media and nowadays ordinary people don't fact check, fabricated claims are really effective, i.e part of fake news.

She kinda did in one debate. And I never heard from it again. She doesn't believe he's a puppet or she wouldn't be intending his inauguration. Can't send mixed messages with this shit. She's doing it.

She's attending it for the same reason that Obama is attending it: they are patriots, and they believe in our institutions, such as the successful passing of power and the conceding of loss to an opponent.

jstripes

Banned
There's too many connections.

Remember that "invisible" server Trump had that communicated with a bank in Russia by tunnelling through DNS requests? That stopped when it was discovered, then started up again a few days later under a different name.

kamakazi5

If Trump and Pence go down, Paul Ryan becomes president.

If Paul Ryan goes down, Orrin Hatch becomes president.

And so on and so forth. Presidential succession is well known.

I didn't realize succession was in place prior to being sworn in. He's not technically president so I would not have thought that was the case.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Holy shit at that Trump / Russia money laundering stuff. How the fuck is this guy president? Rotten to the core.

Pretty sure if the CIA and FBI come into agreement that this is confirmed, arrests will be made.

I don't even know what would happen if the president-elect got arrested. It's unthinkable. Faith in the American democratic system would at minimum be torpedoed not just in America but around the world. I don't mean some abstract "oh no how could American democracy elect that terrible man" way, I mean arresting the opposition to stop them getting into government (regardless of whether or not there are valid reasons behind it) looks superficially like the intelligence organizations playing kingmaker as it might in any two bit dictatorship. The American right will further burrow into conspiratorial thinking, demand a purge of the intelligence apparatus and in a worst case scenario, start them down the path where they become unwilling to work inside of the democratic system, wishing to take control through other means.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't even know what would happen if the president-elect got arrested. It's unthinkable. Faith in the American democratic system would at minimum be torpedoed not just in America but around the world. I don't mean some abstract "oh no how could American democracy elect that terrible man" way, I mean arresting the opposition to stop them getting into government (regardless of whether or not there are valid reasons behind it) looks superficially like the intelligence organizations playing kingmaker as it might in any two bit dictatorship. The American right will further burrow into conspiratorial thinking, demand a purge of the intelligence apparatus and in a worst case scenario, start them down the path where they become unwilling to work inside of the democratic system, wishing to take control through other means.

I mean, at a bare minimum we'd have to hold another election almost immediately in that scenario.

Chumley

Banned
This is exactly what I figured would end up happening.

Putin has shit on Trump and evidence of it comes out RIGHT before the inauguration, fucking over America either way it goes.

You let Trump in, you let in a traitor. You block him, you "undermine democracy" and civil war erupts.

Gutek

So what happens now?

Trump is going to be president, DeVos will destroy public schools, Pruitt destroys the EPA, Tillerson will lift sanctions on Russia, Polio is going to return to the US, and less people will have health care.

This is seriously like some fucking summer blockbuster movie shit, I can't believe it.

This is exactly what I figured would end up happening.

Putin has shit on Trump and evidence of it comes out RIGHT before the inauguration, fucking over America either way it goes.

You let Trump in, you let in a traitor. You block him, you "undermine democracy" and civil war erupts.

Putin - 'Wasn't me.'

Alucrid

Banned

yeah. undermining western democracy by electing a bigoted idiot? man that sucks. undermining western democracy by having the elected bigoted idiot charged and arrested with treason? holy fuck

antonz

Besides all the Russian friendly cronies in his campaign team at the time. It should have been obvious as hell to anyone when the Republican Convention occurred and the only thing Trump and his team complained about in the Party Platform was support for Ukraine against Russia.

Yeah this is all too true. Action taken against Trump would send the Democratic System into a tailspin. I mean that is absolutely what Putin really wants out of all of this. Trump is a useful idiot into trying to greatly diminish the Democratic order.

BFIB

Comey should be fired, if he hasn't already tendered his resignation.

How the fuck do you sit on all this shit?

Was HE ALSO compromised by Russia?

Its pretty clear Putin had leverage on Trump, likely not only with compromised information, but I'm sure Trump owes a lot of debt to Russia as well. Comey basically made it political as well, whether it was pressure from Russia or not, who knows.

This whole situation is so beyond fucked up.

Boke1879

Agreed. Trump has said a number of things during he campaign that would have hurt any other candidate. I can't imagine what could be worse.

I'm not saying he's getting impeached, but there are some harsh allegations here that quite frankly imply treason.

His surrogates being in contact with Russian intermediaries says it all imo. And I believe Trump would have known.

low-G

No normal political process or dirt on Trump will ever harm him. C'mon guys, you should know better by now.

Pretty sure if the CIA and FBI come into agreement that this is confirmed, arrests will be made.

Agreed. Trump has said a number of things during he campaign that would have hurt any other candidate. I can't imagine what could be worse.

I mean, at a bare minimum we'd have to hold another election almost immediately in that scenario.

Fuck this is insane.

Do liberals actually want president Pence?

Better than a President Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom