• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

The list of things that would have stopped literally anyone in the civilized world from being elected into office is reaching astronomical levels for Trump.

He's a fucking Cold War KGB operative whose entire purpose is to crumble America.

Why do people not understand he is not a friend?
Because they're idiots. They see a shirtless, Russian authoritarian and automatically think power and that we should be more like him.

I really, really hope this wasn't some elaborate scheme to see if news organizations would run with this report only for it to later be exposed as false, serving as a final nail in the coffin to fully delegitimize the mainstream media and disarm any future claims of corruption in the Trump adimistration. The whole thing seems almost too good to be true. As if they were like, "Ok, write up a fictional wet dream scenario for the liberals and see if they take the bait. Yeah, leave that pissing stuff in there, that's great."

Not that I neccesarily think that's the case, but Bannon has already displayed a masterful level of skill in the realm of shit-flinging. Underestimate him at your own peril.

I agree.

This is a truly horrifying scenario...the press getting "would you kindly'd".

Holy shit. I just woke up. What's gonna happen to him though?
I'm not really knowleagble in US politics.

Probably nothing. Nothing's substantiated.

The biggest deal out of all of this is that Trump is scheduled to give his first press conference as president elect tomorrow, something that should have happened almost 2 months ago.

Trump has already delayed the press conference by about a month, so if he delays it again, then it will look terrible for him. And yet, if he gives the press conference, he's going to be GRILLED on something he absolutely does not want to talk about.

Kusagari

I'm curious about the bit saying Trump's most damning financials involve bribes/kickbacks from countries like China.

Couldn't China drop this shit whenever they want, especially considering the rattling he's doing?

nynt9

Those who choose to ignore this will and they'll call it fake news. They always have. They just used to call it "main-stream media."

Ok, but as a person willing to believe this, what grounding do I have to believe this other than "god I wish this is true because it sure makes Trump look bad"? Because that would make me no different from a pizzagater.

Looks like the press hasn't been able to independently verify anything substantial. It's only a thing because the intelligence agencies recently decided that parts of it are worth investigating.

It feels truthy enough but I'm waiting for some real confirmation.

Thanks for the real answer! I'll keep my eyes open for more info.

"Thanks, Mayor Simpson. Because of you, we're all taking golden showers!"

C124f_6XAAIS_WU

https://twitter.com/simpsonsqotd/status/819013575217971200

I agree.

This is a truly horrifying scenario...the press getting "would you kindly'd".

I'll repost this question since none of you posting this scenario is addressing it.

For people who think that this could be some elaborate hoax to decredit the mainstream media, do you also think the intelligence community and John McCain are in on this conspiracy? A legit question, because I think some of you are missing some of the important points of the story: mainly that documents was handed in from McCain, and intelligence agencies have investigated them now and see that the source is potentially credible. Do you think all of them are helping Trump in his final takedown of the mainstream American media? If so, we're looking at basically a very large scale conspiracy.

Probably nothing. Nothing's substantiated.

The biggest deal out of all of this is that Trump is scheduled to give his first press conference as president elect tomorrow, something that should have happened almost 2 months ago.

Trump has already delayed the press conference by about a month, so if he delays it again, then it will look terrible for him. And yet, if he gives the press conference, he's going to be GRILLED on something he absolutely does not want to talk about.

I AM WATCHING

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm curious about the bit saying Trump's most damning financials involve bribes/kickbacks from countries like China.

Couldn't China drop this shit whenever they want, especially considering the rattling he's doing?

Why reveal it when you can use it to blackmail the PRESIDENT of the USA

Kimawolf

This is insane! the facts its even POSSIBLY true should have been enough to get him and half his campaign thrown in jail! Crazy that they can just sweep it all under the rug for their quick piece of power.

Republicans are going to regret this entire shit show one day, I imagine once proof starts coming out (which im sure someone has), the shit is really going down.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
I like how this leak kills any value Trump has to Russia now, everything he does will be viewed through a "what if?" filter, and no way McCain and friends let that shit happen now.

If you think the shit hits the fan in the US, the shit hitting the fan in Russia is going to be more interesting, heads are gonna roll (Unfortunately, quite literally).

Makes me rethink a few Russian diplomat deaths recently too. :p

I'm going to take a wild guess that all of it is true except for the golden shower part. That sounds just like the kind of character assassination someone would include to make the story spread more quickly, and then other parts would be investigated and verified.

Also WTF is lifezette.com?

ZOONAMI

They probably will. I'm surprised they haven't yet given his complete cluelessness on Taiwan.

However, they may be holding off because they have leverage on him at this point, and thus he is compromised by both the Russians and the Chinese.

They may think they can persuade him to not intervene on further spread into the South China Sea, or even invading Taiwan, or least disastrous, agree to favorable Chinese trade deals.

So yeah, that's awesome. /s

sullyj

Wait til he is the actual president.

Producer

I really, really hope this wasn't some elaborate scheme to see if news organizations would run with this report only for it to later be exposed as false, serving as a final nail in the coffin to fully delegitimize the mainstream media and disarm any future claims of corruption in the Trump adimistration. The whole thing seems almost too good to be true. As if they were like, "Ok, write up a fictional wet dream scenario for the liberals and see if they take the bait. Yeah, leave that pissing stuff in there, that's great."

Not that I neccesarily think that's the case, but Bannon has already displayed a masterful level of skill in the realm of shit-flinging. Underestimate him at your own peril.

I think you're on point here.

I'm going to take a wild guess that all of it is true except for the golden shower part. That sounds just like the kind of character assassination someone would include to make the story spread more quickly, and then other parts would be investigated and verified.

Also WTF is lifezette.com?

lifezette is ran by Laura Ingraham. It's a conspiratorial right-wing online rag.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Ok, but as a person willing to believe this, what grounding do I have to believe this other than "god I wish this is true because it sure makes Trump look bad"? Because that would make me no different from a pizzagater.

Because the reports are coming from the FBI and the CIA...

I'll repost this question since none of you posting this scenario is addressing it.

It's not about them being in on it per se, so much as it is about someone getting floated bogus info in a time when the intelligence community is looking for a way to nip this president elect in the bud for being so outspoken and derogatory about the validity of their work.

And then presenting it as being possibly credible to make a point without the investigation being complete.

See: Comey letter a week before the election.

I will hold all applause until something is confirmed.

This is bullshit. Carl Bernstein has vouched for his sources.

Mortemis

Banned
Holy shit, his replies have me rolling. 😂😂

He hasn't actually done anything yet, he's still not the president. No need to burn bridges just yet.

If they really do have something on him and Trump goes through with antagonizing China's exports, we could see something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom