• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
Trump's had several hours. And the best link he could find to refute CNN, Carl Bernstein, the FBI, CIA, McCain, etc. is lifezette?

:jnc

Gq1dLzW.png

DrMungo

Even if this does not lead to prosecution, at the very least I hope the golden showers part sticks to his name. Like David Cameron and the pig.

Adaren

So, regardless of whether this is true or not, I have to say we live in a really exciting and turbulent time.

The repercussions of it being either true or false are massive and completely unprecedented. In some ways, the outcome of this could potentially be more impactful than Trump being elected in the first place.

We either elected a puppet of a foreign antagonist, or the free press as we know it is utterly demolished.

Kettch

The biggest thing that is giving this story credence is the fact that Trump had to respond to it. That alone should tell you all the things that needs to be said.

The biggest thing giving it credence for me is the fact that Trump has had his tongue up Russia and Putin's ass constantly for the last several years. Still blows my mind that an American politician would do that, let alone do it while winning the Presidency.

Maybe he's just coincidentally a big fan of Russia, but all of this stuff being true would actually make more sense to me. Not that I'm believing any of it until we get a lot more confirmation though.

Raxus

The Republicans will do everything they can to stonewall this, they'd lose face massively if they had to impeach their own president. I think it's far more likely that they would seek to amass a huge sum of cash to pay Trump to quit than them impeaching him, or even questioning him and his associates seriously on this.

Do you realize how shady either option is. Impeaching is the only course of action (if an iota of this is true) that can save them any face. At least they are left with Pence who is tainted (excuse the pun) but is unlikely to have golden shower tapes leak (damn puns) over the internet.

Davide

I'm imagining a House of Cards plot with Mike Pence as a Republican Frank Underwood organizing the leak of these materials to impeach Trump.

daveo42

Banned
Holy fucking shit. Proof he's actually in Putin's pocket? Reading now and hoping for the best here. The best being this somehow helps to keep Trump from office.

ZOONAMI

Is that really how this would work? If we ditch the president-elect for being a Russian pawn, how the hell is the country going to be able to trust anyone that he had a hand in giving power to?

I would imagine if this were to result in an impeachment it would disqualify Pence in succession as he was on this ticket as this collusion was happening.

Thus, it should go to Ryan, which I'm not exactly happy about, but I'll take over Trump and Pence.

Is that really how this would work? If we ditch the president-elect for being a Russian pawn, how the hell is the country going to be able to trust anyone that he had a hand in giving power to?

It would work that way. Even if Trump dropped now, Pence would be President. Pence would then appoint a VP with Senate confirmation.

If Pence and Trump went down at the same time, Ryan is President.

remz

Russia having dirt (piss) on trump does kind of explain his hard on for putin, they were twisting his arm with blackmail

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Do you realize how shady either option is. Impeaching is the only course of action (if an iota of this is true) that can save them any face. At least they are left with Pence who is tainted (excuse the pun) but is unlikely to have golden shower tapes leak (damn puns) over the internet.

Yeah but this is the GOP, they are stupid and will do the stupid thing. They'll impeach him only if there is huge popular support among their voters to do so.

At this rate it wouldn't surprise me to see Trump and Pence seconds after getting impeached, starting to yell at John McCain, but McCain unmasks and it's really PAUL RYAN

Guess Who

Banned
It would work that way. Even if Trump dropped now, Pence would be President. Pence would then appoint a VP with Senate confirmation.

If Pence and Trump went down at the same time, Ryan is President.

Paul Ryan is garbage but somehow that still sounds like the best case scenario.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Trump is stupid as shit for responding like he did

he really is.

https://masscommons.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/fear-loathing-on-the-campaign-trail-make-them-deny-it/

This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson's early campaigns in Texas. The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumor campaign about his opponent's life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his own barnyard sows.

”Christ, we can't get a way calling him a pig-fucker," the campaign manager protested. ”Nobody's going to believe a thing like that."

”I know," Johnson replied. ”But let's make the sonofabitch deny it."

SpaceWolf

Banned
Question: What would happen if this led to Trump getting "impeached" before he could step officially into office in a couple of weeks? Would Pence simply get inaugurated in his place?

Randomizer

Not from the US, but one would think something this big would trigger a new election and included some hefty jail time.

Linkura

I'll take Pence or Ryan over this imbecile. At least they won't get us into nuclear war or have Twitter meltdowns. That is the most I can hope for at this point, which is sad, but reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom