• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

So Buzzfeed got it and posted it but without verifying it? Hmm.

Also what's all these pee references? I assume somewhere in the documents it says he hired prostitutes to pee on him or something?

He loathes Obama so much that he had a bunch of prostitutes pee all over the bed the Obamas had prior slept in when they were there on a Trip as some sick perversion

Like I said earlier. If that is how Trump is going to react we will need Canada to burn down the White House again after Trump is done

TL;DR - There was a report made as opposition research by a former MI6 agent that's been floating around for a while now but no news agency had actually reported on it because it's kind of hard to verify. That report made its way to the FBI via John McCain sometime in December. Last week the intelligence agencies apparently found it credible enough that they added it into their briefing to Obama and Trump. CNN reported on that fact. After CNN reported on that, Buzzfeed decided to post the entire thing. Within that document was allegations of Russian collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia for about 5 years. Also, it says the Russians set up and have tape of a Trump sex act and they're using that as blackmail. The specific sex act is that he was set up in a suite used by the Obamas and had some Russian prostitutes piss on the bed.
Thank you for the summary.

TL;DR - There was a report made as opposition research by a former MI6 agent that's been floating around for a while now but no news agency had actually reported on it because it's kind of hard to verify. That report made its way to the FBI via John McCain sometime in December. Last week the intelligence agencies apparently found it credible enough that they added it into their briefing to Obama and Trump. CNN reported on that fact. After CNN reported on that, Buzzfeed decided to post the entire thing. Within that document was allegations of Russian collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia for about 5 years. Also, it says the Russians set up and have tape of a Trump sex act and they're using that as blackmail. The specific sex act is that he was set up in a suite used by the Obamas and had some Russian prostitutes piss on the bed.

It seems like that's the report the intelligence community has/had. According to CNN, John McCain took an interest in the document and sent someone overseas to get it.

And yes it references that in the document

He loathes Obama so much that he had a bunch of prostitutes pee all over the bed the Obamas had prior slept in when they were there on a Trip as some sick perversion

Like I said earlier. If that is how Trump is going to react we will need Canada to burn down the White House again after Trump is done

Pretty fucking wild if true. Can't wait to see where this goes tomorrow.

He loathes Obama so much that he had a bunch of prostitutes pee all over the bed the Obamas slept in when they were there on a Trip.

i guess trump hates obama so much it'll be the yellow house when hes done with it

CNN has exclusive about synopsis from intelligence community, claiming intel on Russia trying to compromise Trump

Buzzfeed has full report, about 35 pages, basically accuses Trump of treason, has weird sex shit in it

CNN doesn't release it because they couldn't independently verify it

Buzzfeed says fuck it, fuck you, fuck Konami

Apparently several high profile journalists have come out and said they were approached by the story but were worried about being unable to verify all the claims. Buzzfeed claims they have verified portions of it and were comfortable with releasing the whole thing. I think in Buzzfeed's mind (and the general publics), if even some of these things are true it's VERY problematic.

UberTag

The people coming in here asking about the 4chan bullshit, that stupid anime screenshot and/or using the exact term "fake news" to talk about this. The 4chan shit is likely Russian disinformation, and the fake news is Trump propaganda. I'm saying it's kind of amazing seeing it working so ridiculously well even here. I mean we're shooting it down, but it's doing its thing...
Disinformation campaigns and social media pollution is a very real thing.
It's a shame that so many people are on board with obfuscation and fostering ignorance.
And that goes for both sides of the political spectrum. People are inherently shitty creatures.

rjinaz

The morons on The_Donald Reddit: CNN is fake news! Trust anonymous 4chan posts instead!

I read through most of this thread, and even gaf has some here. The usual people though, that believe all things 4chan or /pol/ and think the MSM is out to get them.

daveo42

Banned
Seeing as how so many people in Washington has seen this, I wonder how quickly confirmation will come. CIA seems to think it's good, though it's still "checking its validity" and some news organizations (NPR for one) isn't reporting on the details yet. Man, I want...so fucking want to see that shitty little man squirm over this. He'll hopefully take everyone around him down as well

Here's hoping it's all true and he doesn't even have the chance to be sworn into office.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Apparently several high profile journalists have come out and said they were approached by the story but were worried about being unable to verify all the claims. Buzzfeed claims they have verified portions of it and were comfortable with releasing the whole thing. I think in Buzzfeed's mind (and the general publics), if even some of these things are true it's VERY problematic.

Buzzfeed took the shot when CNN released their part. If they are both wrong so be it but if we are right we are great.

People need to stop saying its 4chan. Its /pol/, ok? The /pol/ board is the dumping ground of all the alt-right nutters.
Yes, because the rest of the site is made up of such outstanding citize---aaaaaaaahahahahahaha. That entire site deserves its shitty reputation.

Racist? That's a hell of a thing to call somebody without some iron-clad proof. Otherwise you're just diluting the meaning of the word to score a cheap point.

So where's the proof?

Anyone who tells me that I shouldn't be offended over Trump winning really gives two fucks about me or my issues. He is the type of patronizing racist Libertarian who I have met more than enough of in my lifetime.

I am not taking this thread off-topic, and furthermore, I am sick of having to post shit and explain it to people who say, "Oh, that's not really racist" after I am done doing so anyway. Dude is racist AFAI am concerned, and if you disagree, so be it.

commedieu

Banned
The people coming in here asking about the 4chan bullshit, that stupid anime screenshot and/or using the exact term "fake news" to talk about this. The 4chan shit is likely Russian disinformation, and the fake news is Trump propaganda. I'm saying it's kind of amazing seeing it working so ridiculously well even here. I mean we're shooting it down, but it's doing its thing...

It's very effective. And it spreads like wildfire. Even had my lady post that yellow highlighter thing. She's not really deep into the net.. just Facebook.

Oh.

Thanks for the summary. I'm a little... underwhelmed, I think. Perhaps I haven't fully grasped the implications yet.

RDreamer

Seeing as how so many people in Washington has seen this, I wonder how quickly confirmation will come. CIA seems to think it's good, though it's still "checking its validity" and some news organizations (NPR for one) isn't reporting on the details yet. Man, I want...so fucking want to see that shitty little man squirm over this. He'll hopefully take everyone around him down as well

Here's hoping it's all true and he doesn't even have the chance to be sworn into office.

It seems the agent that gathered this is pretty credible, but both news organizations and obviously the CIA can't just come out and say this is all true without verifying shit themselves and that's kind of hard/impossible/time consuming to do.

HEY EVERYBODY NOTICE FREENUDEMACUSER!!! PAY ATTENTION TO HIM!

His bait is so clever we all need to stop and appreciate it. Let's all applaud. Because it is very clever. So clever. Much clever.
i thought the post was appropriate because:
1) trump frequently and at great length expounds on the influence social media had on him; he was in many senses a provocateur, groomed from early age for success and power. another word for provocateur is "iconoclast". "Attention whore" is another word for someone poised and groomed for shitposting.
2) trump was elected in part thanks to supporters who create meme images of him, including those of him with bait photoshops, and refer to him as a king, emperor, or god.
3) trump crassly embraces performative trolling for votes despite not apparently having any sincere engagement with his posts; he is ultimately ironic to an extreme. his personal brand is all about shitposting, anime avatars, baiting, and quote farming.
4) this is a thread about how trump likes being dunked in piss (or just watching people piss, it's unclear from context)
5) despite the fact that the real story here is Russian intelligence helping Trump's campaign and attempting to get leverage on him to manipulate him, the sensational distraction is the getting dunked in piss

the artwork of freenudemacusers account posting is a statement about the insincerity and kitschification of forum posts, as well as the hysteria surrounding avatars and images. this fits in very well with who trump is, as above. also it's the art of rhetotic being dunked in piss and we don't often have threads about people getting dunked in piss.

to the extent that piss christ was read as provocative and anti-truth, i feel the comparison is directly relevant, because any poster should surely be mortified by the behaviour discussed here; which is the graver threat to neogaf? a piece of art that, at worst, disrespects the thread, or a living icon to everything truth ought guard against?

i actually honestly thought the post and the parallels would be obvious

Donthizz#

I remember this Russian hotel story was floating around the web during the election as well.

either way doanld will not last a year as President, he's going to get impeached.

BowieZ

Banned
Pretty fucking wild if true. Can't wait to see where this goes tomorrow.
The fact of the matter is, if it took John McCain to personally travel overseas to obtain the report (that a highly respected intelligence official was holding onto until he himself felt he could fulfil his fact-checking duties), which was handed to the FBI and in turn to both Trump and Obama, suggests to me that there is at least some veracity in some of the allegations (no matter whether the Buzzfeed leak itself is genuine, or indeed some other confidential report of allegations is).

The question is, can SOMEONE out there verify the allegations... and I suspect Buzzfeed thought that by publishing the report now might speed up the process of the truth coming out, one way or another.

RDreamer

Oh.

Thanks for the summary. I'm a little... underwhelmed, I think. Perhaps I haven't fully grasped the implications yet.

The implication is that we have a president being blackmailed by a foreign government. If even half of the shit in the report was true he'd be in jail for treason. On top of that, the sex act kind of shows how shitty and petty he is. It's hilarious and it's getting a lot of attention for that.

The fact of the matter is, if it took John McCain to personally travel overseas to obtain the report (that a highly respected intelligence official was holding onto until he himself felt he could fulfil his fact-checking duties), which was handed to the FBI and in turn to both Trump and Obama, suggests to me that there is at least some veracity in some of the allegations (no matter whether the Buzzfeed leak itself is genuine, or indeed some other confidential report of allegations is).

The question is, can SOMEONE out there verify the allegations... and I suspect Buzzfeed thought that by publishing the report now might speed up the process of the truth coming out, one way or another.

John McCain didn't personally go overseas. He sent an envoy, apparently.

The report itself was also floating around the media before that even, since McCain didn't get it until December and the media has been talking about it for a while. This is the report Mother Jones talked about in October and also Harry Reid referenced when he was attacking Comey.

Geist-

I remember this Russian hotel story was floating around the web during the election as well.

either way doanld will not last a year as President, he's going to get impeached.

I'm pretty doubtful the GOP is going to do anything even now. This may cause a Dem wave in 2018 that may lead to an impeachment.

Oh.

Let me re-quote this for you
>8+ years of communication between him and Kremlin, and 5+ year relationship of cultivating/supporting/assisting Trump by Russia.

>They offered him real estate deals IN RUSSIA to further ensnare him, but he declined.

>Russia has dirt on Trump watching Russian prostitutes give golden showers.

>Detailed claims of bilateral intelligence sharing back and forth between Trump and Putin. Trump had DNC moles and used US as well as foreign hackers. Trump got info on his opponents, Putin got info on Russian oligarchs + families living in US.

>They used the pension system that Russian diplomats used to transfer information back and forth to/from each other as well. It mentions tens of thousands of dollars were sent in addition to the money.

>Russia's main goal appears to be driving wedges to cause divisions in the West. They aided Jill Stein, Carter Page and Michael Flynn (the latter two being members of Trump's team) in doing so.

>Main goal of DNC emails appeared to be swinging Sanders voters to Trump.

>Russia and Trump had a mutual agreement on the DNC hack. Russia released the emails to Wikileaks in return for Trump removing mention of Russian invasion of Crimea in favor of talking about NATO financial commitments in Eastern Europe and the Baltics. Putin wanted people to stop talking Ukraine while also undermining NATO.

>Trump's most damning financial commitments are actually in China and other emerging markets. He's paid large bribes and kickbacks there that would've destroyed his campaign if made public.

>Hilariously, when Trump said he had few Russian financial investments, that was true, but he has actively sought them out only to be denied. He apparently settled for extensive sexual favors there instead

>Trump lawyer Cohen had clandestine meeting with Kremlin operatives in August, held in Prague to try to make it seem less suspicious.

>Ukrainian President that Putin installed confided to Putin he DID provide ex-campaign manager Manafort w/ kickbacks that were previously reported. Left no paper trail.

>Russia pissed this has gotten so much media coverage. They hoped to push for improved Russian-US relationships regardless of who was elected. Ancillary goal with Clinton was to drive her positions further from Obama's in event she won - they're happy both candidates were anti-TPP because they viewed that as bad for them.

>Trump has bribed Russian business interests but worked diligently to obfuscate and eliminate paper trail. Also engaged in Russian sex parties but has likewise bribed or coerced witnesses to be silent. They do believe a particular Russian businessman was intricately linked to Trump would know details.

>Manafort/Page/Cohen all highly compromised. They/Trump were apparently offered up to 19% stake in a Russian oil company Rosneft by its president if they could successfully get Western Russian sanctions lifted. Page expressed interest in this deal, saying sanctions would be lifted.

>Once the sh*t started to hit the fan, Cohen was heavily involved in trying to cover up the relationship between Carter/Manafort/himself and Russia.

>Mentions that the Trump team AND Russia both paid Romanian hackers to help sabotage Democrats.

>Overall goal of electing Trump was to destabilize Western and world order in Russia's favor since he was anti-establishment and so divisive.

Still underwhelmed?

This should go in the OP.

Makonero

Is anyone else weirded out by the fact that Buzzfeed will officially be in textbooks right alongside Billy Bush? I wonder how big the chapter on Trump will be.

Ominym

Banned
i thought the post was appropriate because:
1) trump frequently and at great length expounds on the influence social media had on him; he was in many senses a provocateur, groomed from early age for success and power. another word for provocateur is "iconoclast". "Attention whore" is another word for someone poised and groomed for shitposting.
2) trump was elected in part thanks to supporters who create meme images of him, including those of him with bait photoshops, and refer to him as a king, emperor, or god.
3) trump crassly embraces performative trolling for votes despite not apparently having any sincere engagement with his posts; he is ultimately ironic to an extreme. his personal brand is all about shitposting, anime avatars, baiting, and quote farming.
4) this is a thread about how trump likes being dunked in piss (or just watching people piss, it's unclear from context)
5) despite the fact that the real story here is Russian intelligence helping Trump's campaign and attempting to get leverage on him to manipulate him, the sensational distraction is the getting dunked in piss

the artwork of freenudemacusers account posting is a statement about the insincerity and kitschification of forum posts, as well as the hysteria surrounding avatars and images. this fits in very well with who trump is, as above. also it's the art of rhetotic being dunked in piss and we don't often have threads about people getting dunked in piss.

to the extent that piss christ was read as provocative and anti-truth, i feel the comparison is directly relevant, because any christian should surely be mortified by the behaviour discussed here; which is the graver threat to christianity? a piece of art that, at worst, disrespects plastic jesus, or a living icon to everything christianity ought guard against?

i actually honestly thought the post and the parallels would be obvious
Forum posting is literary art now? Always thought of it as more of a stage play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom