• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekev

Banned
Oh.

Thanks for the summary. I'm a little... underwhelmed, I think. Perhaps I haven't fully grasped the implications yet.
Apart from the piss thing the main implication is that Russia has been blackmailing/colluding with Trump for 5 years to get him into the Whitehouse and push the Russian agenda. If the intelligence is true the ramifications are incredibly serious.

Anyone who tells me that I shouldn't be offended over Trump winning really gives two fucks about me or my issues. He is the type of patronizing racist Libertarian who I have met more than enough of in my lifetime.

I am not taking this thread off-topic, and furthermore, I am sick of having to post shit and explain it to people who say, "Oh, that's not really racist" after I am done doing so anyway. Dude is racist AFAI am concerned, and if you disagree, so be it.

"Anyone who disagrees with me is literally the worst kind of person and I will call them the most disgusting names and defame them whenever possible."

Got it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Unless some form of confirmation comes out that's insanely damning, literal, and physical (like a videotape or audio recording), I think most of the GOP will be considering just riding this out and trying to ignore it with absolute power so close to their grasp. Greed makes people stupid. Even if Trump seems destined to blow up in their face in a year it would be hard for them as a group to back out now.

Apart from the piss thing the main implication is that Russia has been blackmailing/colluding with Trump for 5 years to get him into the Whitehouse and push the Russian agenda. If the intelligence is true the ramifications are incredibly serious.

Also confirmation that a bunch of the Russian/Ukrainian connections that were downplayed were not only very real but even deeper than we thought.

The implication is that we have a president being blackmailed by a foreign government. If even half of the shit in the report was true he'd be in jail for treason. On top of that, the sex act kind of shows how shitty and petty he is. It's hilarious and it's getting a lot of attention for that.
Actively blackmailed? As opposed to merely being vulnerable to blackmail?

Uh... wow. That's very different.

I'm going to go make myself a sandwich and try to catch up on all this.

i thought the post was appropriate because:
1) trump frequently and at great length expounds on the influence social media had on him; he was in many senses a provocateur, groomed from early age for success and power. another word for provocateur is "iconoclast". "Attention whore" is another word for someone poised and groomed for shitposting.
2) trump was elected in part thanks to supporters who create meme images of him, including those of him with bait photoshops, and refer to him as a king, emperor, or god.
3) trump crassly embraces performative trolling for votes despite not apparently having any sincere engagement with his posts; he is ultimately ironic to an extreme. his personal brand is all about shitposting, anime avatars, baiting, and quote farming.
4) this is a thread about how trump likes being dunked in piss (or just watching people piss, it's unclear from context)
5) despite the fact that the real story here is Russian intelligence helping Trump's campaign and attempting to get leverage on him to manipulate him, the sensational distraction is the getting dunked in piss

the artwork of freenudemacusers account posting is a statement about the insincerity and kitschification of forum posts, as well as the hysteria surrounding avatars and images. this fits in very well with who trump is, as above. also it's the art of rhetotic being dunked in piss and we don't often have threads about people getting dunked in piss.

to the extent that piss christ was read as provocative and anti-truth, i feel the comparison is directly relevant, because any christian should surely be mortified by the behaviour discussed here; which is the graver threat to christianity? a piece of art that, at worst, disrespects plastic jesus, or a living icon to everything christianity ought guard against?

i actually honestly thought the post and the parallels would be obvious

You didn't even edit the bottom paragraphs, this is garbage even for shitposting.

Hypron

"Vat you min I no get to be Vairst Leddy? All beecos you take de pees like de Breeetish? Vat I say to Beddin about Diddy? 'They no let Diddy do no joe king?' Vat is prublim?"

Hey, she might be married to a complete scumbag but making fun of someone's accent ain't cool.

"Anyone who disagrees with me is literally the worst kind of person and I will call them the most disgusting names and defame them whenever possible."

Got it.

No, you didn't get it, but you are one of those types who demands proof and then handwaves it anyway, so talking to you is a waste of time.

Goodbye.

royalan

Oh.

Thanks for the summary. I'm a little... underwhelmed, I think. Perhaps I haven't fully grasped the implications yet.

Only underwhelming to those who have been paying attention this year because, well, a lot of this was pretty blatant. Definitely with you there.

Gaining steam because we're getting pretty close to a smoking gun that Trump did collude with the Russian government, and that they have dirt on him.

Unless some form of confirmation comes out that's insanely damning, literal, and physical (like a videotape or audio recording), I think most of the GOP will be considering just riding this out and trying to ignore it with absolute power so close to their grasp. Greed makes people stupid. Even if Trump seems destined to blow up in their face in a year it would be hard for them as a group to back out now.
This is my initial impression as well.

Syncytia

Damnit I switched channels and now I can't rewind and get a picture. Sorry ya'll I'm dumb.

Wow. NY Daily News didn't bury the lede in favor of what would've been a hilarious headline? I'm pleasantly surprised.

I can't remember their headline but it was pretty tame. Just had "TRUMP" in a red Russian looking font under whatever else it said.

BigDug13

The implication is that we have a president being blackmailed by a foreign government. If even half of the shit in the report was true he'd be in jail for treason. On top of that, the sex act kind of shows how shitty and petty he is. It's hilarious and it's getting a lot of attention for that.

John McCain didn't personally go overseas. He sent an envoy, apparently.

The report itself was also floating around the media before that even, since McCain didn't get it until December and the media has been talking about it for a while. This is the report Mother Jones talked about in October and also Harry Reid referenced when he was attacking Comey.

People "talked about" Ray Rice beating his wife for months. Then the video comes out and people start to care, the shit hits the fan and actual punishment is dished out. There's a publicly released document now. Let's see where it goes.

ZOONAMI

I wonder what Trumps wife is saying to him right about now?

You think she gives a shit after pussygate, 10+ allegations of sexual assault, 1 allegation of rape, allegations of him going into the changing rooms of teen pageants?

Doesn't seem she really gives a shit about what Donny does.

The fact of the matter is, if it took John McCain to personally travel overseas to obtain the report (that a highly respected intelligence official was holding onto until he himself felt he could fulfil his fact-checking duties), which was handed to the FBI and in turn to both Trump and Obama, suggests to me that there is at least some veracity in some of the allegations (no matter whether the Buzzfeed leak itself is genuine, or indeed some other confidential report of allegations is).

The question is, can SOMEONE out there verify the allegations... and I suspect Buzzfeed thought that by publishing the report now might speed up the process of the truth coming out, one way or another.

Right. This isn't nothing, that's clear enough.

BowieZ

Banned
John McCain didn't personally go overseas. He sent an envoy, apparently.

The report itself was also floating around the media before that even, since McCain didn't get it until December and the media has been talking about it for a while. This is the report Mother Jones talked about in October and also Harry Reid referenced when he was attacking Comey.
Ahh sorry, didn't realise he didn't personally go, but I guess him sending an envoy is no different.

My point was that it would technically be John McCain's actions that have brought this to light, not that he discovered the report or anything. And so I'm agreeing with the person who said he would end up being a hero here.

But I'll stand corrected if this analysis is premature.

And appear to be soft? No fucking way. At some point, they will be better for ditching him.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
C126V_zXEAAukgl
Cover of the daily news
On mobile so sorry if it is large.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to think this, finally, is the one that will do Trump in. But really, nobody is going to care beyond "lol, golden showers," and then go on with their day. Just like all the other blatant demonstrations of how shitty Trump is as a person and how dangerous and unqualified he is.

i thought the post was appropriate because:
1) trump frequently and at great length expounds on the influence social media had on him; he was in many senses a provocateur, groomed from early age for success and power. another word for provocateur is "iconoclast". "Attention whore" is another word for someone poised and groomed for shitposting.
2) trump was elected in part thanks to supporters who create meme images of him, including those of him with bait photoshops, and refer to him as a king, emperor, or god.
3) trump crassly embraces performative trolling for votes despite not apparently having any sincere engagement with his posts; he is ultimately ironic to an extreme. his personal brand is all about shitposting, anime avatars, baiting, and quote farming.
4) this is a thread about how trump likes being dunked in piss (or just watching people piss, it's unclear from context)
5) despite the fact that the real story here is Russian intelligence helping Trump's campaign and attempting to get leverage on him to manipulate him, the sensational distraction is the getting dunked in piss

the artwork of freenudemacusers account posting is a statement about the insincerity and kitschification of forum posts, as well as the hysteria surrounding avatars and images. this fits in very well with who trump is, as above. also it's the art of rhetotic being dunked in piss and we don't often have threads about people getting dunked in piss.

to the extent that piss christ was read as provocative and anti-truth, i feel the comparison is directly relevant, because any poster should surely be mortified by the behaviour discussed here; which is the graver threat to neogaf? a piece of art that, at worst, disrespects the thread, or a living icon to everything truth ought guard against?

i actually honestly thought the post and the parallels would be obvious

This is amazing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Actively blackmailed? As opposed to merely being vulnerable to blackmail?

Uh... wow. That's very different.

I'm going to go make myself a sandwich and try to catch up on all this.

There's a lot of insane stuff in there. For example the documents allege that Trump, and his top brass, had a hand in the DNC hack. There's also some bribery, among other things.

I'd like to think this, finally, is the one that will do Trump in. But really, nobody is going to care beyond "lol, golden showers," and then go on with their day. Just like all the other blatant demonstrations of how shitty Trump is as a person and how dangerous and unqualified he is.

Republicans will roll their eyes at the liberals being sore losers and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom